onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An alternative view of Norman

andy jones

Rudiculas get this post off this thread I have reported it heard nothing some people just can't help themselves sad but I suppose certain admin are enjoying it

Yes, you've reported in and that's why I'm here now looking at the post. This forum is run by Rob with folk who volunteer to help out. It's not a job, we're not paid, we do it as and when we can. We received the report from you at 09.04 this morning and it's now 10.35 so I don't think that's an unreasonable time. Now perhaps you'd like to tell me what you'd like me to do with this post?

Get rid of it and put it on a smurf bashing thread please and I reported it last night and at 7.45 this morning

Advert

Eddie, Geo and Co. of course its an alternative view - its alternative to yours and many others on here who have read the last 12 months differently from me.

I also think Norman was right to think that this season was too soon for promotion (not right to say it mind) The reason I say that is not down to money its the fact that off the field the club was/is still incompetent in various areas and I think Norman has decided that the club needs to be on a more level keel with competent staff in place before it pushes on.

This close season will be interesting in personnel changes off the field almost as much as on.

Like all of us, I assume, I just hope he engages brain before gob tomorrow night because if he says, and then does, the right things then we can perhaps all look forward together.

As I have listed on the questions page he has said - I have enough money to takethe club to the Championship and also said I aint putting another penny in. we need to know the truth now and I am hoping that he will say something along the lines of 'Now I have the club on a more stable budget I will invest my own money to match any that the fans put in by increasing ST sales'.

Dave

The only stated, accepted view of smurf is smurfs as described in his many PR statements and actions... for it to be an alternative view to mine you would have to know my view in a much wider sense than what is represented on here by responding to actions already taken.

Your stated view of smurf [above] is the established, accepted view as offered by smurf, thats not an alternative thats his words regurgitated.

I think he is a numpty but that isnt an all encompassing statement of everything I think about him or what he has/hasnt done.

Most of my posts about him are in response to single actions he has taken or statements he has made... after the event.

You assume you think you know what I think of him [i cant speak for others] when in fact you dont...

The alternative view would/could be that...

sondico were not dumped... they pulled out because smurf didnt pay as agreed

adams is on a kick back for the new kit

smurf didnt "hard ball" anyone, they saw he wasnt as good as his word and they dumped him

ETC ETC ETC

You assume these alternatives are what I think... I admit they are possibilities but thats not quite the same.

'Now I have the club on a more stable budget I will invest my own money to match any that the fans put in by increasing ST sales'.

By his own admission he doesnt know what the budget will be but he has attempted to guesstimate the budget on ST sales... is there a further guesstimate of how much the commercial department will contribute?... he has alreeady intimated he will not be investing his own money next season, but if you exclude the one off payments from this seasons "investment" he shouldnt have to anyway... development squad and wildes payments alone would reduce his expenditure, as opposed to last year, by 800,000

I also think Norman was right to think that this season was too soon for promotion (not right to say it mind) The reason I say that is not down to money its the fact that off the field the club was/is still incompetent in various areas and I think Norman has decided that the club needs to be on a more level keel with competent staff in place before it pushes on.

This close season will be interesting in personnel changes off the field almost as much as on.

The fact that the Club is as badly run now as it EVER was has to be down to NS.

He's used the "it's Wildes' budget" line way too many times and if he says it tomorrow night he will sound even more foolish.

I think that the RS interview will, sadly, jus provoke yet more questions and very few answers about what we can expect in the coming months, on and off the pitch.

To be honest I wish he wasnt doing the interview...

Me too, hes spoken enough for me and now is the time to follow up his decent actions with regards to the kit supplier and ticket provider with an overhaul of the in-house team of staff and develop the commercial side of the business.

If he goes on the defensive straight away I will be turning off, this is his opportunity to start a bright new positive era of communication to the fans IF he gets it right I guess but for me then he needs to stay away from Twitter, the Sentinel and Radio Stoke and make press releases when there is some breaking news or once every couple of months via the official website.

And the alternative is that it came from....

Wildes :laugh:

Commercial Depertment :laugh:

Bratt, Lloyd, Miller, Deakin :laugh:

You've just said above his financial input will be reduced this year

If you seriously look at what he said he spent the money on you will see that none of it is a recurring payment.

None of it covered wildes payment

And the alternative is that it came from....

Wildes :laugh:

Commercial Depertment :laugh:

Bratt, Lloyd, Miller, Deakin :laugh:

You've just said above his financial input will be reduced this year therefore inadvertantly acknowledging his input in the previous year.

REP... there is one fatal flaw in your arguments... you are starting from the assumption that smurf is being honest... we know from experience that this is not always the case... therefore it is reasonable to question everything he says with some doubt.

Me too, hes spoken enough for me and now is the time to follow up his decent actions with regards to the kit supplier and ticket provider with an overhaul of the in-house team of staff and develop the commercial side of the business.

If he goes on the defensive straight away I will be turning off, this is his opportunity to start a bright new positive era of communication to the fans IF he gets it right I guess but for me then he needs to stay away from Twitter, the Sentinel and Radio Stoke and make press releases when there is some breaking news or once every couple of months via the official website.

I would just like to hear him being positive,building the buzz so to speak

No matter what Norman says, it will just turn into a bashing session as this thread has done, re-running the last year. Same as kicking off a new season with the bad results of the previous season being included in the league table. Time for a new start.

It shouldnt be a Q&A session... whatever questions are asked they will have some reference to past events, even ST sales questions will be referenced against past sales/current position/managerial confusion etc etc.

A new start would be helpful but it wont happen with a Q&A session, however controlled, on the radio.

A new start needs a line drawn and accountability... I dont think smurf could handle that.

Archived