onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Pardew a nutter?

For Us All

Advert

As I said - no he shouldn't be sacked. Start somewhere? Making an example of him? Why?

I belive he should be

He's got form, his was probably the most violent incident I've seen form a manger in this country towards an opposition player, the FA needs to be strong and be seen to be strong, Newcastle needd to be seen to be getti ng their hosue in order, too many have ben allowed to get away with things in the past and for me it's escalating, needs to act as a deterrent to others..I could go on

I think the fella knows he has 'behaviourial issues' but he's man enough to apologise,

Words are easy..he's apologised several times before and it's just escalated

and no that doesn't make it ok but it shows he realises what he's done, if he'd been losing the game and had lost it with the nearest opposition player for no reason other than he had a strop on - maybe I'd say sack him, but he was provoked - he over reacted but he was provoked.

Provoked? So that was provocation for a headbutt in theat situation? Speechless!!

He should have been punished..the fact he wasn't is no excuse nor reason not to punish Pardew..as i said

But does this not show the hypocrisy of the media that they fawn over Mourinho yet are kicking up an almighty fuss about Pardew? I had a look at some other message boards and fans of a lot of other clubs seem to think the press are going OTT. I don't necessarily think they all are but some are. Pardew will be punished by the football authorities for a football offence committed on a football ground during a football match. Normal workplace rules don't apply. You may think this is wrong - I may agree with you - but you can't suddenly change the rules in the middle of a season.

Yup he did run through him, take your blinkers off, or that sticky tape covering the right side of your tv screen, as for the headbutt - see above.

No he didn't...put your common sense head on and you'll see it wasnothing liek that

The degree of the butt the degree of force is irrelavant; haven't we all?

Yes

Well you're doing it for free already so why not ;)

I left the door open for that one :razz:

But seriously I have my common sense head on, it was provocation, the player deliberately barged Pardew, Pardew shouldn't have reacted but it was not a headbutt, it was one of those 'threatening head to head and a little bantam **** push gesture' - believe me if he'd butted him I'd say sack him. And the media thrive on this stuff, Talksport will spin it for days on end because they rely on sports news to exist.

It's obvious you're going to keep arguing your opinion to sack him - but you're wrong, simple as.

Ps Collywobbles on now if you want to hear his 'ahem' expert opinions on hitting women, dogging, talking over his co-commentators, etc.

But does this not show the hypocrisy of the media that they fawn over Mourinho yet are kicking up an almighty fuss about Pardew?

So what? What has that got to do with the punishment that Pardew deserves? Of course the media have double standards at times..this is about Newcastle's standards..no on elses

I had a look at some other message boards and fans of a lot of other clubs seem to think the press are going OTT. I don't necessarily think they all are but some are.

And some aren't reacting nearly enough

Pardew will be punished by the football authorities for a football offence committed on a football ground during a football match.

And so he should be

A manager headbutting an opposition player is not a football offence..a player kicking an opposition player is, but not this

Normal workplace rules don't apply.

But they should when it's a senior person at a club butting someone form a rival club; this is not two players having a ding dong as part of the match

You may think this is wrong - I may agree with you - but you can't suddenly change the rules in the middle of a season.

You can when an unprecedented incident has happened...you have to respond to the new event so no rule change is being asked for becasue there has been no such event where a Newcastle manager has butted an opposition player..this is Newcastle's decision to make and as far as I am concerned it should be a sackable offence for the club's manager to butt an opposition player and as Pardew has form and has had chances adn warnings before he they would IMO be well within their rights to get rid.

But it's not unprecedented. Is assaulting a match official when you've had time to think about it after a game not as bad as assaulting another player in the heat of the moment?

And with respect, I would say that Newcastle have shown very decent standards by imposing the enormous fine and an official warning. Newcastle actually sacked their youth team coach a few weeks ago because he had punched one of his players in the dressing room after a game. I don't actually think you should criticise the club for their actions - just the manager.

By the way, the Hull Constabulary have said there is no case to answer.

But it's not unprecedented. Is assaulting a match official when you've had time to think about it after a game not as bad as assaulting another player in the heat of the moment?

Yes it possibly is, but it's not the same so it's unprecedented..has a Newcastle manager ever butted an opposition player before? I don't believe so, that makes it unprecedented in trms of how Newcastle can and IMO should handle this

And with respect, I would say that Newcastle have shown very decent standards by imposing the enormous fine and an official warning.

I agree..but it's not enough IMO

Newcastle actually sacked their youth team coach a few weeks ago because he had punched one of his players in the dressing room after a game. I don't actually think you should criticise the club for their actions - just the manager.

Criticising the manager IS criticising the club..that's the point in a way..he is a senior representative of the club and has butted a representative of another club

By the way, the Hull Constabulary have said there is no case to answer.

That's their decision and irrelevant to what Newcastle should do IMO..the motives and responsibilities of the police and NU are and should be entirely separate..it's not the job of the police to do what's right for NU and football generally..it's a NU desciplinary matter. NU have an opportunity here to say "enough" and given what he's done this time and his track record I think they should do so

Don't think I've anything more to add...at this point :)

I left the door open for that one :razz:

Couldn't resist it ;)

But seriously I have my common sense head on, it was provocation, the player deliberately barged Pardew, Pardew shouldn't have reacted but it was not a headbutt, it was one of those 'threatening head to head and a little bantam **** push gesture' - believe me if he'd butted him I'd say sack him.

Ok one man's headbutt is another man's little bantam **** push gesture..but for me the degree of force is irrelevant

And the media thrive on this stuff, Talksport will spin it for days on end because they rely on sports news to exist.

Course they do..gotta sell papers etc..that's what they are there for. Doesn't make them wrong though

It's obvious you're going to keep arguing your opinion to sack him - but you're wrong, simple as.

No I am not..I don't think they will now, but I will always think that they should

Ps Collywobbles on now if you want to hear his 'ahem' expert opinions on hitting women, dogging, talking over his co-commentators, etc.

I listen to him all the time (although I don't tune in for him)..he's an oaf and a thug but a reasonably interesting pundit

I agree Collywobble makes interesting listening, as does Savage, not a fan of either but sometimes I can agree and smile at what they say. But when they become all 'Holier than Thou' it is ridiculous.

Nice to see you agree with a couple of my points now if we can just come to agree on the fact that Pardew is in fact a gentleman, who is sometimes misunderstood, a caring being with an even temper, then this debate can be put to bed.

Now excuse me whilst i go and try typing on another website, to find out if its only OVF where I seem to be having to go back and amend my typing every other word, or if I need to smash my laptop up.

How can his opinion be wrong? Are you the 2nd voice inside his head? ;)

Surely facts can be right or wrong but opinions can only be appropriate or inappropriate?

I know where you're coming from, opinions are usually based on beliefs, so if you tell me you don't like fish - then I don't question your opinion, but if you tell me the world was a better place when slavery was still going on - then that may be your opinion, but I will tell you you are wrong. So JA wanting Pardew sacking for reacting in that way, when although Pardew was wrong to do it he didn't actually cause any harm or injury (unless he got dandruff in the players eye) - then I think its over the top and wrong to go that way, media will go over the top because it needs to sell papers,etc. We don't need to do that, so why be so adamant?

The Hull player did push Pardew out of the way, but Pardew should not have reacted the way he did,

especially when he has a list of previous offences, including shoving a linesman. Not sure now that he should be sacked, but I'm quite sure the FA have run out of patience with him, and he will be given a lenghty ban. I think it was Alan Hansen that said that it's a good job the player was Irish ( same applies to British players) , as he stayed on his feet. Imagine if it had been e.g. Suarez. He'd still be rolling on the ground. I don't like Pardew, but after thinking about this for a few days , I don't think he should be sacked. Perhaps one stipulation of his forthcoming ban would be to have him visit all area schools in Newcastle and speak about how wrong it is to behave like this. That would be something of a good example to children playing the game. We're all human after all.

No he didn't...put your common sense head on and you'll see it wasnothing liek that

The degree of the butt the degree of force is irrelavant; haven't we all?

Yes

Of course the degree of the butt is relevant! If he was just sticking his face in the players and it connects it is nowhere near as bad as spreading the players nose across his face!

Archived