onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is Pardew a nutter?

For Us All

If the Newcastle chairman had wanted to sack Pardew, this was his perfect excuse to do so without having to pay up his contract. The fact that he's not been sacked would indicate the chairman rates him highly.

Advert

Or it indicates that due process is being followed regarding his terms of employment, Newcastle's internal procedures, LMA related procedures and so on

The Newcastle statement concluded by saying they would make no further comment on the matter so I very much suspect they have no intention of going further than the fine and a *******ing. What the FA do is another matter entirely of course, and Pardew will just have to take that on the chin (or the forehead).

Incidentally, Paul Ince got a five match stadium ban for pushing a match official up tthe tunnel wall without any physical provocation and threatening to knock his head off so I imagine that will be a starting point when considering what is to be done by the FA.

The Newcastle statement concluded by saying they would make no further comment on the matter so I very much suspect they have no intention of going further than the fine and a *******ing. What the FA do is another matter entirely of course, and Pardew will just have to take that on the chin (or the forehead).

Due process may well be to wait until the FA have concluded their investigation..but you could be right

At the end of the day, the manager should not behaving like that, no matter the provocation- it's hardly an example to the players, fans etc. I think a 10 match stadium ban and a huge fine should do it

If in the course of my work in such a responsible position I did anything like that to a rival's employee I'd be dismissed for gross misconduct..after due process had been followed of course

Same should happen to him

If in the course of my work in such a responsible position I did anything like that to a rival's employee I'd be dismissed for gross misconduct..after due process had been followed of course

Same should happen to him

The difference is, Johnny, that football is not like normal employment. If it was you'd see guys in court every week for assault. Cantona would have gone to prison, as would Roy Keane for his assault on Alf Inge Haarland. Last year at Stoke, Fellaini did two headbutts, a punch and an elbow on Shawcross in three separate incidents - he got a three game ban but what would he have got if he'd done that in any other workplace. If you were in Hanley on a Saturday night and saw a bloke just rush up and push some other guy out of the way you would probably think the vicitim had a right to retaliate but on a football field you wouldn't because football is not "normal". Mourinho made what could be described as a nasty, sneaky and vicious assault on Tito Vilanova of Barcelona when he calmly and without any provocation, walked up behind him and tried to poke his eye out. He didn't get any sanction for that at all because the officials didn't see it even though it was all over the telly. He didn't get the sack and I'm pretty sure he didn't get a huge fine from his club. Ferguson injured one of his own players by hurling a boot at him across the dressing room - was he sacked? Bobby Robson got into a fight with one of his players in the Fulham dressing room. He wasn't sacked for that but he would have been in a normal workplace.

Some of the demands for sacking from ex-players are way OTT. For Shearer, the man who kicked Neil Lennon in the head but remained England captain, to suggest sacking is ludicrous. For Graeme Souness, a man who could start a fight in a phone box, to claim the same is laughable. Souness is a player who, if the normal rules of workplace behaviour applied to football, would have spent most of his career inside. He was a master of the over the top challenge aimed to injure.

Pardew will have to take his punishment and address his anger management issues. In the context of football, however, I don't believe what he did was a sackable offence.

The difference is, Johnny, that football is not like normal employment.

I don't disagree but then it shoudn't be..Pardew is not a footballer, he is not on the playing surface playing the match. As I posted "If in the course of my work in such a responsible position I did anything like that to a rival's employee ". In all walks of life fights and so on happen between colleagues and in all sorts of workplaces but this was a man in a senior position attacking a rival organisation's employee. Plus he's got form.

IMO it's a chance for football to sort it's own house out and not let it go cos it has done so before.

Make an example of him

As to Souness and "He was a master of the over the top challenge aimed to injure. " maybe if he had been punished properly in his early days he'd have stopped such behaviour.

I don't disagree but then it shoudn't be..Pardew is not a footballer, he is not on the playing surface playing the match. As I posted "If in the course of my work in such a responsible position I did anything like that to a rival's employee ". In all walks of life fights and so on happen between colleagues and in all sorts of workplaces but this was a man in a senior position attacking a rival organisation's employee. Plus he's got form.

IMO it's a chance for football to sort it's own house out and not let it go cos it has done so before.

Make an example of him

Re responsible and rival - see Mourinho - the guy whom everyone thinks is such a card, was welcomed back into English football and is the highest paid manager in the country.

I'm sure the FA will come down heavily on Pardew, especially after they have recently been criticised for being too soft over Anelka's punishment. Pardew will just have to suck it up for being so stupid. The FA then needs to consider why match officials have ignored the rules about the technical area for so long and allowed managers to flout them at will.

If the FA want to sort out football they need to do it by laying down strict behavioural guildlines and make everyone absolutely clear about what will happen. They should use this issue as a reason to start the process but I don't believe you can suddenly pick on one idiot to hammer having allowed so much to go unpunished before. To do so would risk getting Pardew a sympathy vote that I don't believe he deserves.

Pardew was out of order, and yes he has 'previous' - but sack him? No. There's far worse people in football than him who get away with things. And I agree with Jacko on Savage, preaching Godliness, he's got a short memory, then again he loves to be the centre of attention, much the same as Collymore on Talksport.

Find it odd that so many people think it was ok for the player to run through Pardew - they must do because the media barely mention it.

Re responsible and rival - see Mourinho - the guy whom everyone thinks is such a card, was welcomed back into English football and is the highest paid manager in the country.

He should have been punished..the fact he wasn't is no excuse nor reason not to punish Pardew..as i said

If the FA want to sort out football they need to do it by laying down strict behavioural guildlines and make everyone absolutely clear about what will happen. They should use this issue as a reason to start the process but I don't believe you can suddenly pick on one idiot to hammer having allowed so much to go unpunished before. To do so would risk getting Pardew a sympathy vote that I don't believe he deserves.

You have to start somewhere...I think the best way would be to say right that's enough you've had plenty of warnings before.he's got form and a lot of it which makes him different to most..he's had his chances.

Pardew was out of order, and yes he has 'previous' - but sack him? No. There's far worse people in football than him who get away with things.

A manager headbutted a rival player and he should keep his job cos others have supposedly got away with with worse?

And I agree with Jacko on Savage, preaching Godliness, he's got a short memory, then again he loves to be the centre of attention, much the same as Collymore on Talksport.

That's what their job is..it's what they are paid to do

Find it odd that so many people think it was ok for the player to run through Pardew - they must do because the media barely mention it.

He was after the ball and he didn't run though him from what I saw..and even if he did, very different to headbutting someone

You have to start somewhere...I think the best way would be to say right that's enough you've had plenty of warnings before.he's got form and a lot of it which makes him different to most..he's had his chances.

As I said - no he shouldn't be sacked. Start somewhere? Making an example of him? Why?

I think the fella knows he has 'behaviourial issues' but he's man enough to apologise, and no that doesn't make it ok but it shows he realises what he's done, if he'd been losing the game and had lost it with the nearest opposition player for no reason other than he had a strop on - maybe I'd say sack him, but he was provoked - he over reacted but he was provoked.

A manager headbutted a rival player and he should keep his job cos others have supposedly got away with with worse?

If that's a headbutt I've got a 2 foot tallywhacker.

That's what their job is..it's what they are paid to do

Paid to be annoying a***holes? Hmm I fancy that.

He was after the ball and he didn't run though him from what I saw..and even if he did, very different to headbutting someone

Yup he did run through him, take your blinkers off, or that sticky tape covering the right side of your tv screen, as for the headbutt - see above.

Archived