onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation Reality

Gypo

8 points is the cushion from the relegation places currently after the loss to Wolves.

Games in hand on us for colchester, Crawley and coventry.

Improved performances or results for most of the bottom half bar notts county means we really need to get points onboard and hit the 50 mark by the end of the month...but i just cannot see it.

We have no passion, desire, drive or will to win. We look lost and devoid of any pre new year performances and today once again showed certain players are not good enough to play for Port Vale.

The back four who started the game played very well and Duffy was excellent on his return. Dan jones is ****** clueless though. Dodds was abysmal, loft and lines shocking.

Pope on his own with a gap so big to the midfield just isn't going to work against **** teams never-mind Wolves.

I now fear for us, Sheffield United are resurgent and 2 points behind us, behind them the gap is closing quickly...too quickly.

Im not say Adams out or Smurf out, i'm saying why cant we go back to basics? We cant pass, shoot, dribble or beat a man anymore. The long ball tactics don't even work!

We need something different, an uninjured shuker, a goal hungry willo, a fit birchall, a jmw who beats his man and plays left wing.

We need the players to actually give a ****.

Advert

Time and again I have said we need to give 5-3-2 ago.

Three centre backs, Loft and Yates wing backs, Dicko the holding midfielder with Knott and Lines just in front and Pope and Willo up front. At least we might look a bit more solid in the centre of the pitch and as **** said, nothing else is working at the moment.

Time and again I have said we need to give 5-3-2 ago.

Three centre backs, Loft and Yates wing backs, Dicko the holding midfielder with Knott and Lines just in front and Pope and Willo up front. At least we might look a bit more solid in the centre of the pitch and as **** said, nothing else is working at the moment.

Cant agree! We can't score as it is. Playing 6 defenders may mean we let a few less in though.

So what would you play? Granted JMW has pace, but no footballing brain which means he is quite wasteful and doesn't track back. Tomlin has been shocking over the past few games. Similarly Jones. And Griffith. Birchall isn't match fit. Dodds has been virtually anonymous every time he's started and is definitely not a wide player. Taylor injured. Again. Shuker out. Again. We need to eek out a few points and that all starts with keeping clean sheets.

None of this Jones-in-the-side rubbish, more like.

I can forgive a lack of talent, but not a lack of bottle.

He wants ****ing for that 3rd goal pansy-out.

Tell you what Dan, never mind your ****ing haircut or ear-rings when you're on the football pitch.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if he gets another game anytime soon.

None of this Jones-in-the-side rubbish, more like.

I can forgive a lack of talent, but not a lack of bottle.

He wants ****ing for that 3rd goal pansy-out.

Tell you what Dan, never mind your ****ing haircut or ear-rings when you're on the football pitch.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if he gets another game anytime soon.

That's the problem with jones he has talent, he is good enough, he just dosent dare to put a tackle in and simply put dosent give a ****. Things need to improve and fast.

Guppy 4 England this isn't an ott post - i've been saying it since the Gills match we need to change things and sort out our problems or else.

We can kiss the playoffs goodbye as the team arent good enough and we hAve too many passengers.

Guppy 4 England this isn't an ott post - i've been saying it since the Gills match we need to change things and sort out our problems or else.

We can kiss the playoffs goodbye as the team arent good enough and we hAve too many passengers.

In my opinion we never were good enough for the playoffs and of course we have a lot of 'passengers'.

Plenty of people on this site and probably plenty of Vale fans who don't frequent it would have gladly got rid of nearly every player at some point over the last 2 years but look where we are since then and remember, most of them are/were under long term contracts so we can't just get rid.

We may well be in a relegation scrap but surely that's what many of us expected last August ?

If we avoid relegation then that's 'job done' in my eyes.

We have 13 games left and although we are in a very poor run of form there are enough games to pick up enough points to stay relatively safe in my opinion.

If we play with the same intensity that we played with today, we'll pick up another 8-9 points, no problem. There's April as well as March to do it in as well. Can't see us going down. The problem is more second season syndrome in my view and there's considerable uncertainty about the prospects of maintaining this season's level of success.

Archived