onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Jones

Shoney

What does he bring to the team?

Yes, he provided the assist for Loft's first against Colchester, but apart from that the team seem to carry him as he looks injured. Even against Colchester he did very little (apart from pull his socks up every 30 seconds). JMW needs to replace him on Saturday.

Advert

Been a major disappointment this season. I got the impression MA was telling him to man up by not subbing him on Tuesday night. He has decent ability but our record with him in the team, even going back to last season, is shocking. Is he out of contract this year? If so, I suspect we could better use his wage elsewhere.

Everyone was begging him to be played left wing not too long ago! Said it all along, he is not a winger but a full back! Two totally different positions requiring totally different style and disciplines.

Everyone's a manager eh...

...so if we don't think he's a winger or a left sided midfielder, and he can't defend well enough (certainly not well enough to oust Dickenson) then there's only one place for him... on the bench. Then we have to ask ourselves, can we afford to have a player on his wages simply sitting on the bench.

Been a major disappointment this season. I got the impression MA was telling him to man up by not subbing him on Tuesday night. He has decent ability but our record with him in the team, even going back to last season, is shocking. Is he out of contract this year? If so, I suspect we could better use his wage elsewhere.

You may be right Cheshire but rather foolish by Adams if he was injured as some people suggest he was.

You may be right Cheshire but rather foolish by Adams if he was injured as some people suggest he was.

That's the only reason I can think of, Howjy. It wasn't like we didn't have options on the bench with JMW, Tomlin, Dodds and Birchall, all of whom can play out wide.

I must confess, it didn't look obvious what his injury actually was from our vantage point. Maybe his knees were cold, as he certainly pulled his socks up a lot?

He was useless on Tuesday night. Not interested at all and looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but on that pitch. Big mistake by Micky leaving him on for the whole game. He really did offer nothing.

To me, he is everything I dislike about modern footballers. More concerned with their hair than winning a football match.

He was useless on Tuesday night. Not interested at all and looked as though he wanted to be anywhere but on that pitch. Big mistake by Micky leaving him on for the whole game. He really did offer nothing.

To me, he is everything I dislike about modern footballers. More concerned with their hair than winning a football match.

If that's the case then that's another to the ever-growing list of duds Micky has brought in this season.

Archived