onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ffp

For Us All

So if your accountants have enough creativity and your auditors receive enough free season tickets, you're okay. You can write everything off against "spending on infrastructure". Did you hear that, Norman?

Advert

Forest released their accounts today. £17 million loss.

The one thing that stands out is that they turned over £14 million and their wage bill was £21 million.

And there you have it. The only way this will stop is if players are not allowed to have such ridiculous wages, and there are many ways to achieve this although I wouldn't pretend to know the best way.

Some suggestions - wages to be a maximum based on the club concerned's last season income, properly audited by an independent source. Add in a maximum for any player of £10,000 a week for Prem, £7,000 for Championship and £5,000 for L1 and L2 and so on.

Yes, we will lose some of the so-called 'cream', they'll do a 'Don Revie' and go and play in the middle east for a fortune - and we will be well shot of them.

It would be nice if Sky went broke too, a 9 per cent profits drop is at least a start.

And there you have it. The only way this will stop is if players are not allowed to have such ridiculous wages, and there are many ways to achieve this although I wouldn't pretend to know the best way.

Some suggestions - wages to be a maximum based on the club concerned's last season income, properly audited by an independent source. Add in a maximum for any player of £10,000 a week for Prem, £7,000 for Championship and £5,000 for L1 and L2 and so on.

Yes, we will lose some of the so-called 'cream', they'll do a 'Don Revie' and go and play in the middle east for a fortune - and we will be well shot of them.

It would be nice if Sky went broke too, a 9 per cent profits drop is at least a start.

I have to agree with the point on Players Salaries. The Fact that a company spent 50% more on wages that it turns over is clearly a worrying problem.

It also shows to me, that football isn't as big of a 'business' than we are lead to believe. (Outside the premier League at least). £14 Million turnover isn't actually a great amount of business to be doing.

However, regardless of that, wage Caps i believe are illegal due to european laws. However, Im in favour of them.

The Problem that i've had myself, is that Football is a Sport, and sport is meant to be competitive and the outcome random.

But of course, how can a small club compete with a big club in the same league? i.e Stoke = Chelsea. Each has 11 players on a pitch, etc etc.

So In my opinion, Every Club in a League, wether it be the Premier League, Championship, L1, L2 etc, The Salary cap should be the same for Every club.

So maybe in the Premier League, the Salary cap for Every Club might be £25 Million. The Championship might be £10 Million. and so on.

This way,every club works more on a level playing field, and therefore creating a better over all sporting competition. Big teams wont be able to sign all of the best players, so in theory, they would have to go to 'smaller' clubs, which on a whole should make for a stronger, more entertaining, and un predictable league. Resulting in more excitement for the fans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How else are City supposed to catch up with and compete with Manu, Chelsea, Real, Barcelona etc

Part of me agrees with FFP to prevent clubs buying success just cos they are a rich person's plaything but at the same time it's the only way to break the stanglehold of the 'established' clubs who have the bigger crowds, bigger commercial revenues and so on. The Champions League could become a closed shop for example

How else are City supposed to catch up with and compete with Manu, Chelsea, Real, Barcelona etc

Part of me agrees with FFP to prevent clubs buying success just cos they are a rich person's plaything but at the same time it's the only way to break the stanglehold of the 'established' clubs who have the bigger crowds, bigger commercial revenues and so on. The Champions League could become a closed shop for example

By complying with the rules.

I don't know about bigger crowds but City didn't even fill their stadium last night against Villa,I couldn't believe the number of empty seats in the home sections.

Archived