onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

£10 charge to visit A&E?

For Us All

The NHS should be there to provide high-quality easy-to-access healthcare for the basic and critical needs of the people of the UK.I would exclude tatoo removals,breast enhancements,tummy tucks and other cosmetic surgery,injuries arising from hazardous hobbies like skydiving and other medical services that in some way arise from personal/lifestyle choices.These medical services can be added under insurance policies that are paid for by the consumer.

The NHS should be charging non-UK citizens for all services provided,it is absurd that the UK taxpayer is footing the medical cost of people who are not legally part of the citizenry.If the non-citizens will be in the UK for an extended period (or even just visiting) they can buy coverage from insurers and pay from their own pockets.

Advert

Agree with pretty much all of that but what do we do if someone form overseas rocks up at a hospital needing treatement, has no insurance, no money etc..we have to treat them, we can't leave a fellow human being to suffer (or worse)

We can try to claim the money later or claim it form their own country but ultimately if they can't or won't pay, not a lot we can do

As to cosmetic surgery, there is the phychological aspectto consider..long term could cost a whole lot more

As to hazardous hobbies, anyone participating in such things should have to get medical insurance before being allowed to take part..of course if they don't again we can't just refuse to treat

Agree with pretty much all of that but what do we do if someone form overseas rocks up at a hospital needing treatement, has no insurance, no money etc..we have to treat them, we can't leave a fellow human being to suffer (or worse)

We can try to claim the money later or claim it form their own country but ultimately if they can't or won't pay, not a lot we can do

As to cosmetic surgery, there is the phychological aspectto consider..long term could cost a whole lot more

As to hazardous hobbies, anyone participating in such things should have to get medical insurance before being allowed to take part..of course if they don't again we can't just refuse to treat

We could make it a condition of travel.... you dont have medical you dont get in or you cant buy a ticket..... a condition of participation in the sport... you dont have it a claim through the court, or nearest bupa hospital

If your sick here and you have no money.... your sick.

We could do what they do with over stayers here.... jail until someone pays the bill

At long,long last we see a glimmer of common sense and sanity concerning the availability of cosmetic surgery on the NHS!. Despite what NHS Choices says,there have been far too many teenage bimbos claiming they are psychologically damaged by having small boobs and then having implant costing thousands of pounds on the NHS while patients with real illnesses are denied vital treatment. All I can say to these girls is be grateful for what you have got and be thankful you are not really ill.Surgery on the NHS should be done for medical needs only.

I don't believe that anyone with a "real illness" is denied vital treatement cos a few "teenage bimbos" have their boobs enhanced.

If they have severe psychological issues they are "really ill" and have a medical need.

I do believe that a fair majority are down to vanity issues though?

I do believe that a fair majority are down to vanity issues though?

I don't believe it's a majority..but I'd be happy to be corrected

Even if it's 'vanity' that can still be linked to psychological issues

Do i believe that a majority are plain and simple "I want bigger bobs" with no underlying psycholigical issue? No I don't

• 1 month later...
Riding buses is a difficult one because I dont/wont ride them... but then I pay for my own taxi/car/transport

Boob job is cosmetic and shouldnt be on NHS.

Dental.. cosmetic should be private,, necessary NHS

If shes looking for a face lift I can recommend a good scaffolding company...

Apparently,the NHS is in for a windfall,she's selling tickets for the birth at £10,000 each and she already has some mugs,sorry takers?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710377/You-failed-Britain-Pregnant-NHS-boob-job-model-Josie-Cunningham-slammed-Twitter-Q-A-hours-raking-30-000-selling-four-tickets-birth-child.html

Don't know what's been said on here but I think if you are intoxicated then you should have to pay for your full treatment unless you have been attacked,but there would have to be proof obviously.regardless as to whether you pay taxes.but to charge for normal things is ridiculous IMO.

But isn't it a fundamental principle of health treatment (esp here in the UK) that you treat the condition not the person?

Start charging those injured cos they have a had a few and you open a real can of worms..smokers and cancer, the obese and diabetes, someone watching too much TV and myopia, drinkers and liver issues, a driver who is to blame for an accident but gets injured in it, players of sports and so on

Don't get me wrong, if I thought it would act as a deterrent to drunken idiots or would free up funds and facilities for 'genuine' cases I'd be all for it..maybe a three strikes rule..need treatement in A&E x times cos you got plastered and you start being charged after that xth occasion..maybe

Don't know what's been said on here but I think if you are intoxicated then you should have to pay for your full treatment unless you have been attacked,but there would have to be proof obviously.regardless as to whether you pay taxes.but to charge for normal things is ridiculous IMO.

So before you were treated for your injuries you should have to show proof you were attacked? What like mobile phone footage? Get the attacker to sign a note for you? Absolutely absurd idea youth

So before you were treated for your injuries you should have to show proof you were attacked? What like mobile phone footage? Get the attacker to sign a note for you? Absolutely absurd idea youth

Maybe you get treated then if it's proven that you just got hammered and fell over you get sent a bill? Treatment first, bill afterwards. I dare say that on occasions the police will be involved when someone is atacked so that will be a no dispute situation but what the default should be I'm not sure.

Even if someone did get plastered and fell over is that really any different to someone getting injured playing rugby or hang gliding or similar?

Archived