onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Throwing money away

familystander

Advert

I can get a Vale ticket in the comfort of my living room by printing it from my computer but I can't get a decent pie at half time?

The wrong areas have been invested in, it seems.

We also now have a man at the turnstiles scanning your ticket instead of tearing part of it off. He then has to push the floor lever to let you in. a fully automated turnstile and I would get it. Maybe its me just being thick but how has that improved things where is the cost saving or improvement??? it appears that the wrong areas have indeed been invested in. Why cant Vale operate the catering in house as they would then be in control of stocks etc and would generate profit for the club. Warming pies and cooking burgers is not rocket science is it. Maybe they would struggle to get staff who could take tops off the bottles though..!!!

It is noticeable that the catering at most non-league grounds is miles better than at the Vale. This is largely because it is run on a voluntary basis to raise funds for the clubs. Some ex-non League clubs have carried this forward (e.g Dag & Red's home-made Shepherd's Pie is outstanding and is made by a lady fan who makes a set amount every game and always sells out , partly because you can smell it cooking in certain parts of the ground). There is surely an opportunity for the Supporters Club here. In fairness to Smurf, he had many things to do at the start of the season and needed to find someone who would take the catering off his hands. In stead of whinging, let us have practical suggestions for improvement or offers of help.

I can never understand why they shut up shop as soon as the second half starts, at Walsall I bought a pie on my way OUT of the ground after the game, surely the more time that elapses since people last ate, the more likely they will sell food[if they have any left to sell.]

On saturday i took a lad i work with in the disabled stand. I was shocked at half time when they had ran out of tea. How do you run out of tea? Next time i will take a flask. Against salisbury they ran out of everything in the paddock. I was in the queue and everyone turned round and said that there was nothing left. Before kick off they tried to charge me £24 for 3 beers. When i questioned it they said sorry the tills are playing up.

£24 for 3 beers?!:unsure:

Did they think they were in one of the big nightclubs in Ibiza attempting to charge those prices or something?:laugh:

I can never understand why they shut up shop as soon as the second half starts, at Walsall I bought a pie on my way OUT of the ground after the game, surely the more time that elapses since people last ate, the more likely they will sell food[if they have any left to sell.]

Walsall had enough stock left even though there was a huge away crowd.Vale sell out of a lot of stuff before half time.Sometimes don't even have stuff before kick off.

Plus the Balti pies were very nice.

Walsall had enough stock left even though there was a huge away crowd.Vale sell out of a lot of stuff before half time.Sometimes don't even have stuff before kick off.

Plus the Balti pies were very nice.

Agreed they were very nice, my mrs bought a wrights pie on sunday with a use by date of 22nd dec. so they will keep.

I have had a quick look around and buying the first disposable cups and packet of tea back (in bulk) I work out that each cup of tea cost to make including milk sugar and cup etc is 16p. So when they try and charge £2 it shows how much of a joke their prices are.

I accept that they have a all in one setup, but I doubt they are pushing over 30p a cup, to buy etc.

unfortunately the only thing of quality, seems to be the tea and coffee and they seem to struggling with ripping the sliver cover out of it.

The catering is still very poor.There is so much room for improvement.

the catering isnt just poor

its downright disgraceful its the one thing letting our beautiful club and beautiful chairman down, the amount of times theyve sold out of hot food just as i get to the kiosk is pitiful and the selection rubbish, if anyone wants to know how to do proper catering, go pay burton albion a visit on matchday, THATS how you do catering

the catering isnt just poor

its downright disgraceful its the one thing letting our beautiful club and beautiful chairman down, the amount of times theyve sold out of hot food just as i get to the kiosk is pitiful and the selection rubbish, if anyone wants to know how to do proper catering, go pay burton albion a visit on matchday, THATS how you do catering

If the selection is rubbish, why do you queue up for it? I agree with you but cannot understand your rationale.

I have had a quick look around and buying the first disposable cups and packet of tea back (in bulk) I work out that each cup of tea cost to make including milk sugar and cup etc is 16p. So when they try and charge £2 it shows how much of a joke their prices are.

I accept that they have a all in one setup, but I doubt they are pushing over 30p a cup, to buy etc.

unfortunately the only thing of quality, seems to be the tea and coffee and they seem to struggling with ripping the sliver cover out of it.

Does that include the cost of payments to Vale?.. Staff?.. other overheads and expenses?.. you cant evaluate the cost on the ingredients alone.

If the catering is so bad and failing to meet demand on a regular basis can smurf use that to get out of the contract?

If he does who can he replace them with? Would he be prepared to fund the setup costs of in-house catering?... new kiosks, staff, equipment etc etc... would it be viable?

Archived