onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Throwing money away

familystander

Advert

Hang on is the pepper free? If so by using it you're costing the Vale money. Take a few sachets that you'vre lifted form some caf or McDonalds

I'll go get my burger from McDonalds,or a pie from Wight's pie's then.Might as well stop supplying sugar for tea / coffee as well as the customer's that want sugar can bring their own. ;);)

But I am not asking Vale to stop supplying anything...allegedly they already don't supply pepper ;)

Do you never have a drink of Bovril,Tea,Coffee,Chocolate when you go to a football match.Do you never have a burger,hot dog,pie,sausage roll when you go to a football match? ;)

I'm still not asking Vale to stop supplying anything

No one has asked.They just haven't had any for the last few games for what ever reason.But you suggested I supply them myself which I had lifted elsewhere.Thats just the same as telling people to supply their own sugar(that they have nicked) ;)

Damned if you do, damned if you dont!! What do you base your forcast of sales on? The crowd numbers! Do you base it on the average home gate? if so you will have some weeks when you run out and some weeks when you have too much and are throing stuff away. What about cup matches? Do you forecast based on ticket sales? no you cant because ticket sales go on up till last minute and your catering order has to be in at least a week before! Our attendance figure fluctuates too much to have a decent forecast thrugh the turnstile. Take the Stevenage game, who would have predicted under 5000 when we have been averaging 6500 to 7000 at home?.

Want to know why we run out, because we cant predict who is gonna turn up and who isnt week in week out. Its prob the same reason Norman is struggling on budget forecasting. Vale fans are too unpredictable unfortunateley to be able to put your money on anything, and because of this it cant always be right on catering!

Maybe a pre ordering system could work. Order what you want a week in advance be given a reference and collect from the catering facility at any point during the match.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont!! What do you base your forcast of sales on? The crowd numbers! Do you base it on the average home gate? if so you will have some weeks when you run out and some weeks when you have too much and are throing stuff away. What about cup matches? Do you forecast based on ticket sales? no you cant because ticket sales go on up till last minute and your catering order has to be in at least a week before! Our attendance figure fluctuates too much to have a decent forecast thrugh the turnstile. Take the Stevenage game, who would have predicted under 5000 when we have been averaging 6500 to 7000 at home?.

Want to know why we run out, because we cant predict who is gonna turn up and who isnt week in week out. Its prob the same reason Norman is struggling on budget forecasting. Vale fans are too unpredictable unfortunateley to be able to put your money on anything, and because of this it cant always be right on catering!

Maybe a pre ordering system could work. Order what you want a week in advance be given a reference and collect from the catering facility at any point during the match.

Don't get why we have to forecast how much tea coffee and sugar we will need for games they are three of the most non perishable commodities known to man with sell by dates years in advance and with a 300% plus markup we could still afford to bin gallons of milk.

Pre order really how difficult can we make a rather simple cafe system. If we can not manage it contract it out completely rent the units to a third party who can manage it.

No one has asked.They just haven't had any for the last few games for what ever reason.But you suggested I supply them myself which I had lifted elsewhere.Thats just the same as telling people to supply their own sugar(that they have nicked) ;)

Indeed it is..if they want to ensure there is sugar and at no cost/loss to vale..bring your own!!!! Doing the same with a burger etc would cost Vale

Don't get why we have to forecast how much tea coffee and sugar we will need for games they are three of the most non perishable commodities known to man with sell by dates years in advance and with a 300% plus markup we could still afford to bin gallons of milk.

Pre order really how difficult can we make a rather simple cafe system. If we can not manage it contract it out completely rent the units to a third party who can manage it.

Certainly no excuse to run out of tea, coffee and sugar..maybe the hot water is the issue ;)

Pies etc are a different matter

And you can only have pre-ordering if people pay in advance..it would just be too complicated

Archived