onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams signs

This would seem to be a masterstroke from the board. Vale fans on the whole are quite thick and think Micky Adams and Valiant 2001 will get guaranteed promotion.

They won't as proven over the last 8 years. The last 2 seasons we had Micky Adams and still finished around 10th both seasons.

We're now stuck with this board and many more years of never getting any higher than league 2. :(

Advert

it seems to me that if mickey does return, then bill bratt wont have to worry much about the budget for the squad all that much as mickey wouldnt be making as bigger changes as what another manager would have to......mickey knows these players and knows how to make them work, any manager who likes to play a more passing style would struggle like hell with our players......

so to me it seems like good buisness from bill bratts point of view....in our state of skintness we wont be required to recruit many new players....or so he hopes!!

it seems to me that if mickey does return, then bill bratt wont have to worry much about the budget for the squad all that much as mickey wouldnt be making as bigger changes as what another manager would have to......mickey knows these players and knows how to make them work, any manager who likes to play a more passing style would struggle like hell with our players......

so to me it seems like good buisness from bill bratts point of view....in our state of skintness we wont be required to recruit many new players....or so he hopes!!

Apart from an attacking midfielder, oh and someone else who can actually score then!

Here's where I have some problems....

We're skint. Everyone knows it. A full complement of season ticket holders will not change this. We hope and pray that one man can galvanise the team on a nothing budget to promotion.

We have a man with £5 million burning a hole in his pocket. A man with a plan of action. A successful businessman. A man that would turn us from being skint to being relatively flush with money. We could attract better players and better coaching staff. That's even before we consider the people he can attract to invest further money, or the improvement in the general staff that is so clearly needed.

Yet people are happy for the club to stay skint, as long as Micky Adams is here? Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

We're skint. Everyone knows it. A full complement of season ticket holders will not change this. We hope and pray that one man can galvanise the team on a nothing budget to promotion.

We have a man with £5 million burning a hole in his pocket. A man with a plan of action. A successful businessman. A man that would turn us from being skint to being relatively flush with money. We could attract better players and better coaching staff. That's even before we consider the people he can attract to invest further money, or the improvement in the general staff that is so clearly needed.

Yet people are happy for the club to stay skint, as long as Micky Adams is here? Crazy. Absolutely crazy.

That's football fans for you. :D

if true i would like to say a big thankyou to v2001 for making shore my awaydays next season wont be wasted as the team will be giving 100%,mind you hereford oxford and gillingham spring to mind.this still does not change a thing for me SEO all the way.micky should be good enough to keep us out of the blue square but as for promotion with no investment forget it

Because football is won and lost on the pitch. Most fans care about football and not what goes on behind the doors. It has become too much of a battle now with people personally getting caught up in it all - hence the Micky factor making people remove themselves from it and feel a bit better.

This could be a very good outcome, but it doesn't alter my perspective about the need for evidence of significant sustainable improvement in business management and investment in the club before I will buy a new season ticket. I am not sitting through the last 4 years again and MA working a miracle again would be mid table with a squad that was relegation form for 26 games.

Because football is won and lost on the pitch. Most fans care about football and not what goes on behind the doors. It has become too much of a battle now with people personally getting caught up in it all - hence the Micky factor making people remove themselves from it and feel a bit better.

Tell that to Plymouth fans this season.

They lost their L1 status, not because they didn't have enough points to stay up, but because their off field problems got them deducted ten points.

In this day and age, those who do not look after the business side of their clubs will be the ones to suffer. Evidence is all around you. Football is no longer just won and lost on the pitch.

If Mo really wants to suceed at this club and the EGM he needs to come out once Micky is announced and say he will back him with funds etc. Hey presto! Everyone is happy and the undeciders may swing to Mo.

when mo first came on the scene before adams left mo said he was happy to work with adams and give him money to spend, it was a dream ticket at the time until the board turned mo down then sheff *******utd came in for adams anyway. if anything i think adams will threaten to quit if there is a take over, a very interesting couple of months to come.

I like yourself know full well that something has to be done, and yes it a total no brainer as far as mo is concerned.....but on the other hand i'll be chuffed if mickey does return....Bratty and co are going to scap it out for as long as they can...and as much as i'd like to see them replaced ive been scared stiff about the prospect of a relegation fight if they survived june 1st....which there is a possibility that could happen....hope not

but for those that see the bigger picture realise that paul daniels and debi magie could not stop the rot that is v2001 so what chance ma and go?

900 shareholders/5000 fans we are getting to a stage were 1in5 are involed in what goes on behined closed doors such is the damage done by v2001.

SEO TILL THEY GO

Archived