onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Friday 6th Dec 2013, Port Vale v Salisbury City, Pre Match, Match, No TV

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Rubbish crowd and atmosphere pretty much guarunteed' date=' what on earth is wrong with a Sunday? ...[/quote']

We play on Sunday = **** performance, embarrassing defeat and fan trouble.

I guarantee the atmosphere will be much better on a Friday night and so what about the away fans they are conference club, their fan base isn't big, we won't be missing out on much revenue. The most important thing is for Vale to win the match and get to the 3rd round isn't it

We play on Sunday = **** performance, embarrassing defeat and fan trouble.

I guarantee the atmosphere will be much better on a Friday night and so what about the away fans they are conference club, their fan base isn't big, we won't be missing out on much revenue. The most important thing is for Vale to win the match and get to the 3rd round isn't it

There may not be many Salisbury fans, but it is a big game for them, to me the fans come first. Is hospitality dead in North Staffs?

Totally agree we can't do Saturday because of Stoke but Sunday would have been perfect from a travelling perspective and an increased crowd. Really don't understand why its normally the fans that are thought of last of all.

It was never going to be on tv but it certainly isn't now :(

It's a shame for some and great for other like folk who work Sunday to thurs so would miss it if on Sunday .

Maybe the Burton crowd was a factor in this decision I know of at least 10 pmt drivers who can go the game now but can't go the sat games due to work !

Me I'm working that night ,but we have a terrific policy installed in our place its called a shift swap just hope someone will swap with me !

Good prices ,fill the park !

I'm in the same boat as you as far as shift work & shift swapping.

There's no way I could have gone on Saturday cus of work , but can do Friday or Sunday.

My heart goes out to everyone who can't make it Friday night, especially those Salisbury fans,as this is a really big event for them.

Id be gutted !

11000 didn't have a problem with getting to the Vale in rush hour last time there was a Friday night game! I appreciate a few will not be able to go (much as a few would not be able to go on a Sunday).

If we never play another game on a Sunday, it wouldn't bother me. They are nearly always rubbish games, played in rubbish atmospheres (Scarborough in 2003 springs to mind as the worst one).

What he said.

Salisbury might bring 200 instead of 300. Hardly a massive difference. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but we always play ***** on Sunday's but have a decent record on Friday nights. Good choice by all.

On a positive folk shop on a Sunday and that Sunday is a key christmas shopping weekend. Crowds are traditionally not great on this Saturday the first Saturday after pay day for some.

So may draw at least even crowd with a Saturday one.

I am more worried about how Salisbury looked in the last game in the cup it will be by no means easy.

Then as usual we will draw an un appealing championship side away as usual.

Archived