onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players starting to blame protesters

old sage

When interviewed by RS it was suggested that the protests could have been partly responsible and he replied 'maybe it has'. Thats another player who has disappointed me.

At the end of the day 'players come players go' it's the fans that are left. Not for much longer though if Bratt is still on his 'throne' on June 2nd.===

I never heard the protests mentioned. I thought Sandoz said something along the lines of it being a very eventful season and has this had an effect.

Advert

I never heard a single word against the players at a single protest. The players in fact were always applauded. It's a cheap shot to blame the 'real fans' for their short comings.

Is it a coincidence that this is now said and the season is over?

Do man utd players struggle? Best mate is a utd ST holder,and they have vocal protests,and some very violent ones! But ive read in his programme that the players,just ignore it n play. So yea utd in diff lge,but point is,they carry on doin there job. Vale players r no different.just do ye job. No excuses for yr own failings! Didnt see crap support at all,i saw passionate fans ,n away more so,crewe,macc.etc.. superb. But they let us dwn.

I never heard the protests mentioned. I thought Sandoz said something along the lines of it being a very eventful season and has this had an effect.
I'm sure he did mention 'events and protests'. A pity he never mentioned the rotten , stinking board who never backed any of the managers.

Never agreed with the protests and yes the one at barnet before the game affected them badly because they played terrible

Or could it be that they played like they could not give a toss

They're toss and couldn't give a toss.

A nice clumsy parting shot from Owen it seems too

thinks some of the players should be careful what they are criticising before they come conference players at the end of next season

the protests are to improve the club for them as much as it is for us. More money = better manager, coaches, training facilities, and more importantly better players preferably some that can score

Some of them were more than happy to just turn up for 90 minutes and take home their paychecks. Hardly any were up for fight. It's what Cullerton has always said, we lack leaders when Owen isn't on the pitch.

It is just an excuse - the protests have actually given them more protection than they should have had

exactly. if the fans weren't preoccupied with the board, the players wiould have taken a lot more abuse than they have - and it would have been deserved

The players can say any excuse that they want. It isnt the protests that has caused the poor run of form only the fact that they havent been good enough and they havent sadly put the effort in. Most people would do anything to be a professional footballer. Yet some of the attitudes and commitment levels of some our players this season have been poor to say the least.

I m sure a lot of the players will also turn around and blame Jim Gannon. Where was the response then when he left? The players never rallied and just seemed disinterested at times when we should have comfortably been in the playoffs at least after our flying start. They should have been right behind Grewy who has given, as always, his very best.

To be fair to Jim Gannon his assessment of the squad wasnt far off and the team havent performed whatever the formation we have played since X mas.

Archived