onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

potteries centre club shop is open

mr burslem

Advert

I'd be pretty sure that Smurf would be somewhat annoyed if he'd purchased and paid for something in the Club that hadn't been delivered at the end of October! I don't like moaning for the sake of it but I do feel that folk who paid for the shirt should have at least some idea as to when they might actually get it. :yes:

Whilst it is very frustrating for those who have paid for the limited edition shirts and not received them I think when voicing your concerns you could at least acknowledge the positives that have been achieved where shop sales are concerned since NS took over.

The pluses far outweigh the negatives.

Yes I agree stop ******* moaning!!!

I wonder if you would use the same responses to customers of your businesses?

Would you leave them in the dark for 6 months?.. would they let you?

If 1000 of your customers had paid and received nothing for 6 months and very little communication would you tell them "Dont bother me, I have far more important things to deal with?.. would they accept it?.. or would you now be dealing with trading standards and the court?

Port Vale is a business, we have cried out for it to be run professionally, as a business, for many a year.

Carpet man.. would you just ignore money owed to you by a customer?... Dave.. would you?

Would Vale give its products away with a promise to pay at some point in the future but never follow it up when payment was not received?.. or accept that customers had far more important things to deal with than fulfill their contractual agreement?.. would they continue to pay or employ staff/players etc who didnt turn up for work for 6 months?

I wonder if you would use the same responses to customers of your businesses?

Would you leave them in the dark for 6 months?.. would they let you?

If 1000 of your customers had paid and received nothing for 6 months and very little communication would you tell them "Dont bother me, I have far more important things to deal with?.. would they accept it?.. or would you now be dealing with trading standards and the court?

Port Vale is a business, we have cried out for it to be run professionally, as a business, for many a year.

Carpet man.. would you just ignore money owed to you by a customer?... Dave.. would you?

Would Vale give its products away with a promise to pay at some point in the future but never follow it up when payment was not received?.. or accept that customers had far more important things to deal with than fulfill their contractual agreement?.. would they continue to pay or employ staff/players etc who didnt turn up for work for 6 months?

:yes:

Geo

If you read my other posts I have clearly said that the limited edition shirts fiasco is such that everyone has a right to complain - I'm just saying that when looking at this particular issue if fans are going to bash the Chairman they could at least take on board the fact that he inherited the situation but above all else take on board and appreciate all the positives that he has already bought to the club in a very limited time span.

The new club shop at Vale Park is to say the least 'impressive'

I've just come back from 'up 'anley, duck' and went to find the new club shop and this is what I found ...

Very impressed with the location - just a few shops in from the main entrance right buy the escalators and from next Thursday pretty well opposite the new Ann Summers Shop (I'll just nip into the Vale whilst you're in there duck!! :blush: )

As soon as I walked in I was greeted with a smile and a nice 'hello' - made to feel welcome immediately.

Quality and choice is so much better than in V2001 days its embarrassing we put up with the stuff as long as we did.

Although not intending to buy anything I did (Super Vale T shirt for hols) so that's a sale the club wouldn't have otherwise got.

Although there is a small printed notice in the window about ticket sales being available I missed it and think there should be a big colourful banner saying 'get your match ticket here, NOW'

Its interesting that the shop is better sighted than the Stoke one (Our shop is immediately below Stoke's - maybe by next season it could be the only place they are above us!!)

I was there around half an hour (sad I know) and there was a steady stream of people coming in to browse and buy - think it will be a very useful income stream on the run up to Christmas. People buying for relatives on the spur of the moment - that's your uncle/auntie etc sorted - who wouldn't bother making a special trip to Vale Park but would just buy a pair of socks or summat non-Vale.

Came back well pleased

Geo

If you read my other posts I have clearly said that the limited edition shirts fiasco is such that everyone has a right to complain - I'm just saying that when looking at this particular issue if fans are going to bash the Chairman they could at least take on board the fact that he inherited the situation but above all else take on board and appreciate all the positives that he has already bought to the club in a very limited time span.

Dave... I thought you would see the difference between blame and responsibility. We are talking about a multimillion pound business not granny's sewing club. He may not have initiated the offer but he took control of the business, including its liabilities.

He wants to be the face of Vale, thats OK, but he has to accept that when something isnt right people will sometimes want to slap the face, not because he is to blame, simply because he is ultimately responsible. He wants and has asked for fans/customers interactions, it seems because they are not the usual forelock tugging or cap doffing hes upset, just imagine how he would feel if he had paid his 2M and was still waiting 6 months later to get through the doors of Vale.

I think most people were not complaining that the shirts hadnt arrived simply that they havent been told what the delay was, no communication at all... then to be told "dont bother me ... Im far too busy"... its just bad business.

As an add on... because we win a football match doesnt negate his contractual responsibilities, because we have a new shop doesnt reduce the customers right to seek redress or to simply ask "where is the product I paid for 6 months ago?"... I wonder how well the shops would do if that became vale policy?... pay now.. collect at an undisclosed date sometime in the future, but dont bother me asking when.

Geo

Surely that's what I've said - purchasers have a genuine concern that should have been addressed far better than it has..

My point is that many other aspects of the club have improved dramatically and when complaining bear this in mind - at least give the guy credit for what he has achieved if you're going to bash him over the shirts fiasco. (you're = anyone complaining)

Geo

Surely that's what I've said - purchasers have a genuine concern that should have been addressed far better than it has..

My point is that many other aspects of the club have improved dramatically and when complaining bear this in mind - at least give the guy credit for what he has achieved if you're going to bash him over the shirts fiasco. (you're = anyone complaining)

With all due respect Dave that shouldnt come into it at all, its a totally separate issue.

Some purchasers may not be the faithful, just buying presents for the faithful, why should they give him credit for anything? They only see their dealings with the business, which have been poor to say the least.

I agree he has done some good things and some not so good, the shirt fiasco falls well below any acceptable standard of any business that wants to succeed and see customers return and spend more... thats the aim surely?... whats the point of trying to progress if your going to kick a hole in the money supply?... you know it was badly handled, I know it was badly handled, smurf seems lost to it... "dont bother me Im busy doing important stuff"... if you said that to your customers what would you expect your turnover to do? nosedive?

Most people were asking simple questions, not kicking him or even moaning, just "whats happening about the shirts" they paid for 6 months ago and most would have been happy with the statement he gave out in the senile... the same release a week earlier and everything would have been OK... still... onward and upward.

Two distincy issues are going on

The fiasco of the shirts still not being delivered

Lack of communication with paying customers regarding the shirts

The former is probably outside of NS control so possibly not much that he can do, the latter is not so IMO he should be doing something to address it. Most people on here seem to be understandably primarily complaining about the second issue as they are prepared to cut the club a lot of slack over the first issue

Archived