onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out!

Stafford Valiant

Lucky late winner , or maybe all the fitness work paying off. That's two late winners now, in the last two games.

No we are not going to outplay many teams this season, but Micky will have us playing to our strengths.

This is alls we can ask for with the group of players we have on a limited budget.

Advert

apart from the opening post, which is tongue in cheek I think, who has actually slated Adams or called for his head on this thread? Yet we have people calling posters allsorts based on comments that dont exist! Pathetic

Seems OVF is no longer a board where opinions can be voiced.

What on earth is up with some people, are you ever happy? We have had people moaning about his poor substitutions, today he made a triple substitution, and changed the game. His starting line up was not what most of us would of picked, but has it not done what he set out to achieve. We are now on back to back wins, fair enough not against amazing teams but good results all the same.

before that were games against Wolves and Oldham, both game we played well and could say we didn't deserve to lose.

I do think that people just have nothing else better to do apart from look for the worse in things, Port Vale are in the best position we have been in many years. So can we please put all the bull behind us and support the club, chairman, manager and team...

Too true consolidating our league 1 status is our goal and it will take the boys time to gel we are on the way to being a decent side without ripping up trees like last season .It's about time people got off micky s back and backed him and the boys good 3 points today we'll done boys

Not good enough at this level

Poor tactics

Poor choice of players

One dimensional teams

Poor players coming in in the transfer window

Too outspoken

Doesn't get on with the chairman

Bring in Gareth Ainsworth. He's qualified as an ex-player.

Good win today Vale. Roll on next week.

I was thinking the same until popey made us go nuts in the away end

Tim,

What I am finding astonishing is that any post that is of a positive nature is getting the thumbs down.

Dave, please point me to any post, anywhere on OVF, which I have given a thumbs down to. I don't bother with that facility.

I haven't commented on Adams selections, team tactics, substitutions; results etc for a while on here, as all you get is abuse if you dont subscribe to the Micky is God theory.

I commented initially in reply to a poster who said we should stop trying to split the club (personally I havent seen that from fans to be honest) by saying that, in my OPINION, Micky is the worst culprit at present for this. Please point me to any recent press comments where Adams has been positive or trying to galvanise the club.

Tim,

What I am finding astonishing is that any post that is of a positive nature is getting the thumbs down.

Positive posts are few and far between even after a win, 3 points yes but a crap game so what, you don't get style points or points for technical merit. No point in being the best footballing team ever to be relegated, you get nowt for hard luck,the league looks quite healthy at present,onward to the next game .

Tim,

I wasn't saying it was you who were giving the thumbs down mate - I was saying there is a lot of posters on here who seem to be reacting to positive posts in that way.

I don't know Micky Adams other than a Meet the Manager when he first came I've never met him - all we can do is judge him on primarily his on-field results and to a lesser degree how he conducts himself off the pitch.

I have at games (Colchester away, Wolves at home, Bury at home) spoken with people around me that his negative tactics fly in the face of his commitment to attacking football. However I wouldn't go as far as to say he should be sacked as some are doing. I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more about football than I do and the results last season proved that.

With regards to off the field stuff - well all I can say is he works in a way I can't fathom.

It wasn't a good win today, it was a win. A poor side versus a poor side and by luck rather than good management Popey did us prou.

No width of creativity until the subs.

If MA is a good manager i am a quantam pharmacologist!

Oh, was there before Herbert starts....

Archived