onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out!

Stafford Valiant

I have been 'surprised' with Micky's decision to start with line-ups that appear negative compared to the high scoring, attacking, team last season.

What disappoints even more is that he goes into the press saying that style got us up so we will do the same in League 1 and go at teams.

Clearly he has very quickly changed his mind and I think we now have the Micky Adams who first came to the club - pick a side not to concede / lose and go from there.

It has worked to perfection today but its a bit much to moan about not scoring first when he picks sides that have no wingers to supply the crosses for the country's top goalscorer.

However, having said all that I was still disgusted at the posters stating he should be sacked after 5 games - where's the loyalty considering what he achieved last season Admin to promotion?

If we now start doing a Gillingham (second half of last season) and start racking up the 1-0 wins with these tactics then each and every one of us should at least admit we were wrong.

I am OK with people who have a point of view then stick to it - but there are so many two-faced posters on here its incredible.

I chose not to go today as I feared a Bristol Rovers away last season performance and result - me of so little faith, but I should have gone and supported the team and I wish all the 407 who did a really really happy and safe journey home.

Advert

What are these soothsayers on about? A WIN IS A WIN. Not that I am going to compare the Vale with Italian and Spanish teams, but they play defensively and win 1-0. i wonder how many of their fans call for the manager's head?

3 points on the board, a clean sheet, a massively brilliant display again by Chris Neal keeping us in the game early on. 3 wise substitutions that opened up the game and made the Carlisle manager panic a bit and then a late sneaky goal leaving us much further away from the bottom 4.

Some of these nutters need to focus on the positives and not the negatives. Vale went up last season with a glass half full and not a glass half empty attitude. I wonder if these fellas complain like this when their wives put dinner on the table and it's a cracking piece of fillet steak with all the trimmings but shout at at their wives and beat them up because they didn't bring a napkin. Total ******s and total losers and should be ashamed of themselves. If you want instant glory, F'off to Man City.

Yes every win is "good". A "good win" however could imply it was a solid, deserved performance.

It wasn't mate, we were crap. I'm delighted we stole it at the end but I feel for Carlisle fans.

Doha you will find that the majority of football fans will put up with any crap as long as their team wins. The team's set up today was woeful. we played with no recognised wingers for 65 minutes. I'm delighted that we 'nicked' a 93 minute winner and especially Tom Pope scoring the winner. Many said only last week he was washed up and had been found out in L1. Now he is a hero until he fails to score for a couple of games I suppose. Lets not kid ourselves because today we scraped home against a very poor team but the team Adams picked wasn't our best team that is for sure. I know that both you and I are wasting our breath though because as I said at the beginning of this post the result is all that counts in most fans eyes.

I'm not understanding all of the negativity... with just a little cheeky 5-0 win away at Leyton Orient next week we could be knocking Crawley out of the way for the final play off position! Happy days!

:D

I hope you sleep is a long and deep one Fabio because your peek into the future smacks of someone who is either dreaming or on very strong medication! Keep on dreaming my friend.

Mike - what you say is spot on, I can't for the life of me understand not starting with two wingers at least at home.

But, I don't go on OVF after a few games and suggest the guy should be sacked - as some have done.

MA knows more about football than any of us because its his profession, but we are all allowed our opinions which is what footie is about. Its the fickleness that you state above that gets to me. I would have thought being Vale fans and all we have been through then each and every one of us would, irrespective of our individual views, support the Manager and the players at least beyond the handful of games we have played.

I can't for the life of me think why our 'fans' would want to hound out the most successful manager of recent times 6 games into the season but that seems to be what's happening at the moment....for gods sake get off his back the time to moan and curse is when we are in the bottom four with no wins in ten.....lets just let him get on with it!! It's ever likely the guy comes across as miserable with all these vitriolic comments about him

It's funny how a win affects the comments on here you don't see the 'knockers' for dust

In mickey we trust!!

Well said I really think some sjoke fans on here trying to cause trouble vale fans arnt this stupid

What on earth is up with some people, are you ever happy? We have had people moaning about his poor substitutions, today he made a triple substitution, and changed the game. His starting line up was not what most of us would of picked, but has it not done what he set out to achieve. We are now on back to back wins, fair enough not against amazing teams but good results all the same.

before that were games against Wolves and Oldham, both game we played well and could say we didn't deserve to lose.

I do think that people just have nothing else better to do apart from look for the worse in things, Port Vale are in the best position we have been in many years. So can we please put all the bull behind us and support the club, chairman, manager and team...

What are these soothsayers on about? A WIN IS A WIN. Not that I am going to compare the Vale with Italian and Spanish teams, but they play defensively and win 1-0. i wonder how many of their fans call for the manager's head?

3 points on the board, a clean sheet, a massively brilliant display again by Chris Neal keeping us in the game early on. 3 wise substitutions that opened up the game and made the Carlisle manager panic a bit and then a late sneaky goal leaving us much further away from the bottom 4.

Some of these nutters need to focus on the positives and not the negatives. Vale went up last season with a glass half full and not a glass half empty attitude. I wonder if these fellas complain like this when their wives put dinner on the table and it's a cracking piece of fillet steak with all the trimmings but shout at at their wives and beat them up because they didn't bring a napkin. Total ******s and total losers and should be ashamed of themselves. If you want instant glory, F'off to Man City.

Spot on cracking post

He is like a child in some ways, pathetic.

Why am I like a child for stating a fact?

I haven't commented on the result, the team selection, the tactics or slating Adams in any way or called for his head, just made a valid comment.

Micky Adams is publically working his ticket, moaning about budgets, having digs at his employer etc. These antics are causing more unrest than any comments on here.

Personally I want Adams to manage the Vale effectively like he did last season and cut out the antics, not to much to ask for is it? If that makes me an idiot or a child so be it.

Another silly thread, what is it with ovf?

I felt like lowering myself to their standards.

I'm sick to death of people coming on here and banging on about how awful MA is.

What he has done for this club, in the circumstances is incredible.

Most keyboard bashers have a couple of good seasons on championship manager and they think they know it all.

Well done MA. Well done Vale. Keep it going.

The win today will paper over cracks, including the fact we were **** against an awful team.

Still, nothing beat a last minute winner.

Paper over the cracks? Like those cracks that did so well against the £16m budget of Wolves last week. If our chances had gone in last week, you lot would be thinking of back to back promotions.

Until of course, we lose a game, and then we would be an awful team of journeymen again.

The people who knock Adams are the same ones that have hated him ever since he decided to join the board which enabled us to sign some players in pre-season when we were in administration. It is purely personal and they should be discounted at all times.

Well done Adams. If we finish the season in our current position of 13th it will have been a good year. Keep up the good work and ignore the idiots like Cheeky and Timothius

All ancient history as far as i'm concerned. My comments are based on Adams attitude and comments right now which are also nothing to do with todays result or league position.

Archived