onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A big THANKS to the OVF family

NZ PVFC

I think it is time I came on here and said a big thanks you to the OVF family that have sent myself and my family best wishes over the last few weeks

For those of you that are unaware Wellington, NZ has been having some quite major earthquakes over the last 4 weeks or so. Whilst there has not been any major loss of lives or major damage to buildings it has a major impact on your lives and those around you. We first had a major earthquake about 4 weeks ago of a magnitude of 6.5. This happened on a Sunday afternoon when we were all together as a family. During following days and nights we encountered several aftershocks which were between 5 and 5.5. This not only shook us up as parents but it had a major impact on our children (aged 11, 7 and 3 years). Last week whilst at work there was another major quake of 6.6 which had us all diving under our desks for protection. There is nothing worse than being woken up at 4am to the sound of your house shaking or things falling off shelves. Every noise the house makes you wonder if it is the start of another shake. They are saying that there could be more on the way in the coming weeks.

We have had several best wishes sent from concerned people on here and I want to say thanks you to you all.

I also want to say a big thank you to 2 people on here who don’t want to be named. When one of the earlier quakes happened my 7 year old was at Football academy training. They ran for cover and then went home. We realised he had left his old Vale top there but when we went back it was not there and never handed in. 2 very generous people on here have organised and paid for a brand new top for Logan. It has not arrived yet but I know he will be so happy with it. He lives for his football. They don’t want naming but Thanks You anyway. I will put a photo up once it arrives.

Also a big thanks to another OVFer for offering to post me something to read to take my mind of things happening around at the moment.

We may be miles apart but OVF really is a big family and likes to support each other as well as the Vale

NZ PVFC

Advert

And our very best wishes to you Conrad. Despite all that's going on you find time to come and help out on here. I know how difficult life must be at the moment and i'm sure the boys must get very distressed when you get a quake. Especially i'd have thought when they happen in the hours of darkness. Hope you and yours will come out of this unscathed Conrad. x

Best wishes Conrad. I have lots of mates in NZ, including my Vale supporting niece Laura who is living up there in Auckland. The quakes that hit Christchurch were devastating and I am sure you all must be anxious. God bless you.

Archived