onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rocking the boat, now....Really?!

Samwelo

I think we all know that OVF has a selection of people who like a moan, like any forum for debate does. However particularly on twitter recently I've seen a selection of Vale 'fans' who seem intent on upsetting the apple cart as it were. Tweeting Smurf and Wildes saying they are "money grabbing *******s" for example. Now I'm sure the feel good factor may have faded a little bit in close season but I find this frankly ludicrous. We all know that football gets more expensive as you go up (generally) and it's plain to see Vale are investing heavily in the development squad and in the facilities at the ground as well as focusing on match day experience. So if anyone can explain to be the level of upset these people are feeling for paying what is generally in line with the rest of L1 anyway I'd appreciate it. And anyone complaining about the interest on the instalment based season tickets presumably is yet to discover that they are on sale about the same time every year, and if you want one you should probably save a little beforehand? Funnily enough a bit like on the run up to Christmas when you know you'll be buying presents!

Sorry for the rant guys :laugh: but it feels very justified after some of the things I've read over the past few days (which I will happily post if requested)

Thoughts?

Advert

The main protagonist on Twitter is "Clive", a urine extracting account. Which, if you take it for what it is, is quite amusing at times. I doubt Smurf and Wildes are losing any sleep about it.

Yes I have seen his tweets, took me a while to figure out if he even 'supported' Vale. Unfortunately he's not alone!

I don't do twitter but have those things really been tweeted? Shocking and very unnecessary! :unsure:

Don't say I didn't warn you Deb. Money money and more money are all they are after. #MGB #pvfc

@OfficialPVFC. Wonga season tickets are still available for all them people who have not got much money. #moneygrabbing*******s #pvfc

My old pal Robbie H never lets me down. Some interesting info on our new owners and Mr Ryder. Will share soon, watch this space #pvfc

It always amazes me that some folk will moan their bag off about any slight price increase but then waste dosh on overpriced fizzy "beer". Port Vale FC is not a registered charity and is in a very competitive world and don`t be surprised if every marketing opportunity is explored. Within reason as long as it is beneficial to the club, you won`t find me moaning.

I don't think it is a spoof account when you look at the conversations had between him and other fans. Unless I'm missing a very elaborate joke :laugh:

I'm astounded that you think he's real to be honest. His Twitter @name is @corncatcher which was a long running joke on PVO.

typical idiots causing trouble again using whatever medium they can ,safer on twitter, say it in a pub or face to face and they'd probably get their nose wiped, best ignored,us genuine supporters know it's tripe posted by someone ninepence short of a shilling,(oops giving me age away),such sad sick individuals are to be pitied really.:(

I'm astounded that you think he's real to be honest. His Twitter @name is @corncatcher which was a long running joke on PVO.

I've never been on there. My original post wasn't neccessarily just about him anyway. There's a large selection on FB and twitter aside from him. Although I' happy to delete the thread I've just swung and missed massively :P

Real in that he is sad enough to need the attention from it. Whether its a stoke fan, bratt fan or just a lonely sad weirdo.

Archived