onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Sales

andy jones

Someone on here practically said mature students don't deserve to get a cheaper ticket. Yet as I have stated That someone of 18, 19 and 20 can get in cheaper than someone like me who is a fulltime student atm. Once I have paid accomodation and have food think about there is little to spare. Then train fares etc.

A pricing structure has to be made somehow.Everyone would like it to be cheaper and could think of a reason why they should be able to get their season ticket cheaper.But then that loss of money would have to be made up somewhere if better players are wanted.Which could then mean other people having to pay even more to compensate for others having cheaper ones.A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Advert

A pricing structure has to be made somehow.Everyone would like it to be cheaper and could think of a reason why they should be able to get their season ticket cheaper.But then that loss of money would have to be made up somewhere if better players are wanted.Which could then mean other people having to pay even more to compensate for others having cheaper ones.A line has to be drawn somewhere.

But isn't there a loss of money when people are pushed out and priced out aswell. There could be alot of people priced out due to reasons, the concessions important and its not very well thought out when adults of 18,19 and 20 who alot work fulltime in the potteries area can get a cheaper ticket than a full time student who could barley scrape the money together last season. I undertsand where you are coming from and it seems average, but there is more to Port Vale than people under 21 that's those of us who have been supporting the club for years. I hope the target is met and we can get some players in. We seem be the only club without a decent concessions system. Funny enough when I was in the 18, 19 and 20 age bracket there was a student price and non of this under 21 rubbish, I was working full time and paying full price. Wouldn't hurt them to pay it now would it.

But isn't there a loss of money when people are pushed out and priced out aswell. There could be alot of people priced out due to reasons, the concessions important and its not very well thought out when adults of 18,19 and 20 who alot work fulltime in the potteries area can get a cheaper ticket than a full time student who could barley scrape the money together last season. I undertsand where you are coming from and it seems average, but there is more to Port Vale than people under 21 that's those of us who have been supporting the club for years. I hope the target is met and we can get some players in. We seem be the only club without a decent concessions system. Funny enough when I was in the 18, 19 and 20 age bracket there was a student price and non of this under 21 rubbish, I was working full time and paying full price. Wouldn't hurt them to pay it now would it.

Would you be happy for people such as yourself to pay £100 for your season ticket but others have to pay around £400 to watch exactly the same game in the same area just to compensate for your cheaper price.Do you not think £400 would put some people off?

If you really want one can you not sacrifice say 3 or 4 pints a week,or a packet of fags(if you smoke)?

Well the £5 in my bank I have till sept may do me ok lol, you say 3 or 4 pints I don't drink a great deal don't really go out much anymore. I don't smoke. No regular income as student finance is by each semester. Once rent and other outgoings are gone it leaves me just under £400 to last me from for example Sept to January, and January to April. Now tell me its affordable as a student. The ones in the younger price brackets given get extra money off mummy and daddy a week something I don't get (obviously). I am fully reliant on the above. Anyway I don't want say too much more on this as its a pointless circle and I wanted argue the case. We have just had an amazing season, wildes and smurf are legends and I want look forwards not backwards. We have an exciting season ahead (hopefully) and I hope the 5k sales are met atleast so we have a great atmosphere and Micky is backed to the hilt. Goo arn the Vale!!!!

Well the £5 in my bank I have till sept may do me ok lol, you say 3 or 4 pints I don't drink a great deal don't really go out much anymore. I don't smoke. No regular income as student finance is by each semester. Once rent and other outgoings are gone it leaves me just under £400 to last me from for example Sept to January, and January to April. Now tell me its affordable as a student. The ones in the younger price brackets given get extra money off mummy and daddy a week something I don't get (obviously). I am fully reliant on the above. Anyway I don't want say too much more on this as its a pointless circle and I wanted argue the case. We have just had an amazing season, wildes and smurf are legends and I want look forwards not backwards. We have an exciting season ahead (hopefully) and I hope the 5k sales are met atleast so we have a great atmosphere and Micky is backed to the hilt. Goo arn the Vale!!!!

What price would you suggest would be a fair price that you could afford to pay in the financial situation that you are in considering you say that you have £5 in your bank which will have to last till September?

In such a situation if the season ticket was to cost you £50 then you would still have a problem.

What price would you suggest would be a fair price that you could afford to pay in the financial situation that you are in considering you say that you have £5 in your bank which will have to last till September?

I mean there should be a price for students to make it fairer some work on more wedge than me. But still a part time job would make the current prices a struggle. I can't suggest a price but plenty of other clubs have a student price. To the bank balance question when i am back in good old castle I am hoping find some work temproy part time or full time but that would be for a matter of weeks over the summer. I was considering see if I can get one then. Still going be tight as I will need save some wedge for next year (if i return nothing is ever garunteed in life) and see where I can go from there. Even a student pay on the day would have been better. Wycombe kindly had a student ticket when I went for £16. As I said no point keeping on and going around in circles I have said what I have had to say and will just get one with things as they are.

In such a situation if the season ticket was to cost you £50 then you would still have a problem.

To add to this, if the tickets were cheaper then I may have saved some over as I was a little better off a few weeks ago probably could have managed something but not at the prices released. But still probably would have meant missing wycombe and Northampton which would have been mental for the following season. Even the expensive swindon have student prices. http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

Can I suggest that starting from today, the last think you do before going to bed is to put a pound coin in a bottle/jar. This time next year you can buy a season ticket or get yourself a last minute holiday in the sun. Either way hopefully you will be happy. Put a two pound coin in and you could have both.:drool:

To add to this, if the tickets were cheaper then I may have saved some over as I was a little better off a few weeks ago probably could have managed something but not at the prices released. But still probably would have meant missing wycombe and Northampton which would have been mental for the following season. Even the expensive swindon have student prices. http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/

So you knew that the season tickets were due to go on sale a few weeks ago and could have probably afforded to have bought one.But now you only have £5 in the bank and that has to last you till September.

With £5 to last you till September even if you had a season ticket for free.You would still struggle to make it to a match.

what about getting a part time job to help to fund things you want to do ?

Lucy 7 and programme sellers at Vale get free entry don't they? how about enquiring to do that?

Good call.

So you knew that the season tickets were due to go on sale a few weeks ago and could have probably afforded to have bought one.But now you only have £5 in the bank and that has to last you till September.

With £5 to last you till September even if you had a season ticket for free.You would still struggle to make it to a match.

Adding to what JJJ has just said.Say for example using easy numbers the ST price for this coming season 2013-14 and next season 2014 -15 is £300.But for example a person like yourself could pay a third of the price £100 for each.Saving you £200 each season £400 in total.But the following 2015-16season the season ticket price was £400.Would you agree a pay back deal where because you have saved £400 over those two seasons that you pay an extra £300 on top of the £400 making it £700 for your season ticket.You would still be £100 better off.

Good calll.

Adding to what JJJ has just said.Say for example using easy numbers the ST price for this coming season 2013-14 and next season 2014 -15 is £300.But for example a person like yourself could pay a third of the price £100 for each.Saving you £200 each season £400 in total.But the following 2015-16season the season ticket price was £400.Would you agree a pay back deal where because you have saved £400 over those two seasons that you pay an extra £300 on top of the £400 making it £700 for your season ticket.You would still be £100 better off.

You want a job with the chancellor ??:shifty:

Archived