onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff??? Never thought I'd call him Lazy..........

futchoff

I have always been a massive fan of Griff and was pleased he returned last week, and after letting myself calm down after Saturdays game in case of saying something silly in the heat of the moment I still have to say that Griff's 'efforts' on Saturday were nothing short of Lazy, he stood still at throw-ins never offered himself up for a pass, his tackling was none existent all he did was deflect Southends second goal in, and to cap it all with 5 minutes left to play and the ball going out for a Vale throw he stood and watched the ballboy who was further away from the ball than him come and get the ball for him which he in turn rolled to Duffy. Not acceptable as a professional, whilst we were desperate to have somebody come on and create something for us Doddsy, Ben W and even Calvin Andrew offered something fresh on the bench and weren't used. A steady 3-0 win at Bristol tomorrow will put it right though, UTV.

Advert

LETS knock another player thread...PATHETIC.........Come on folks give it a rest......:rolleyes:

Jimmy, I'm not knocking a player sometimes criticism can be constructive, I am criticizing his performance on Saturday in the hope he may read this and take heed and improve his levels of effort as this is his best attribute, subsequently if he plays again he will play better and hence Port Vale FC may get a better result. Is it still a 'Pathetic' point if it helps, if it dents his confidence and makes him perform worse because of this statement then I tend to think he is not a very good Professional footballer.

I could have but that wouldn't be what I thought 12 months ago when he left us for Orient. After Saturdays performance if that was the only time I had ever seen him play I would have said just that, maybe I should have just said he is not a very good professional footballer any more, but I like to back my thought process up with facts as this is not Twitter where I put on what I had for my Tea last night, it is in fact a forum.

In my opinion a player like Griff would be good for the last ten if your winning and want to grind it out, on saturday it was long ball for 45 mins and it wasnt working, when Birchall came on he gave the Midfield balnce and looked far more composed at this point Adams should of hooked of Griff or Shuker and added a Dodds/williamson who can nick a goal but no he through on Andrew andit was back to hoofing it up terrible management in my opinion. as a side point Vale played like they had 40 minutes not 4 minutes extra time the urgency was lacking and although Lee Hughes scored i feel for Tom Pope after 27goals and numerous rumours he must of been confidence personified tot he bring in a slow 37 y o veteran to take your place as chief striker must of seriously hurt and now its back to just doing a job of a workhorse and surprise surprise the goals have dried up. It didnt work with Rico it wont with Hughes Adams needs to learn the teams strengths and weaknesses unfortuntly he seems far to stuborn for this after all 4000 fans must be wrong

Archived