onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does Popey need a rest?

SOK

Advert

23 managers have tried, and 23 managers have failed to nullify the threat of Tom Pope this season. Only one man has succeeded in this task; stand up Micky Adams. Tom doesn't need a rest, we just need to make him the main man again and play to his strengths, rather than playing a similar striker alongside him who goes for all the same balls and relegates Tom to the support role again.

Disagree, you can't blame the wingers for popes lean spell their the same wingers we have had all season. This is what I mean when I say people make excuses for him because he's a vale fan! Tom needs to get his head up and focus on his own form without people blaming other players as the reason for his dip in form
Sorry kiddo but the widemen have actually contributed very little to to Tom's goals. His main supply line has been via Doddsie, Burge and the full backs. Lets be totally honest it is our rubbish wingers who apart from a few goals have contributed 'bob all' to the team. JMW runs into blind alleys then plays the ball back. Vincent is constantly falling over in pathetic attempts to get a foul. His full length dive against Exeter was plain embarrassing.

My advice to him get up and get off the pitch.:blush:

Sorry kiddo but the widemen have actually contributed very little to to Tom's goals. His main supply line has been via Doddsie, Burge and the full backs. Lets be totally honest it is our rubbish wingers who apart from a few goals have contributed 'bob all' to the team. JMW runs into blind alleys then plays the ball back. Vincent is constantly falling over in pathetic attempts to get a foul. His full length dive against Exeter was plain embarrassing.

My advice to him get up and get off the pitch.:blush:

Apart from 17 goals and 14 assists?

JMW and Vincent are joint 2nd highest scorers for Vale in the league and JMW has joint top assists. What else do you want? They are having a bad spell on an awful pitch (well done Speedy) and will come good again. To say they have contributed bob all to the team is outrageous and shows how blind you are to their positive contributions.

What the **** do you expect in league 2?

Your posts about the two wingers are embarrassing.

Apart from 17 goals and 14 assists?

JMW and Vincent are joint 2nd highest scorers for Vale in the league and JMW has joint top assists. What else do you want? They are having a bad spell on an awful pitch (well done Speedy) and will come good again. To say they have contributed bob all to the team is outrageous and shows how blind you are to their positive contributions.

What the **** do you expect in league 2?

Your posts about the two wingers are embarrassing.

Where have you got your assist figures from?. virtually all JMW's goals have come from penalties and a free kick. Though I will admit he does bring something to the table.

Regarding Vincent he has had about 3 decent games for the Vale and since November has been dross.

If we are going to spout stats Doddsie has 7 goals from far less games and brings more to the team than Vincent ever will!

If you find my posts embarrassing then I'll take that as a positive:laugh:

Or Dodds behind Pope and Hughes.

I'd be interested to see what that brings, ther is also the possibility of pairing Williamson and Pope again from the start of a game with Dodds behind them.

But the manager is paid to decide this, he has the facts on fitness, attitude, form, performance in training and many other things that none of us who want to pick the side do not have. That 'football manager' game probably has a lot to answer for with some posts on here.

4 points or 6 from the Oxford and Bradford games would bring an entirely different feeling to the club. I also wonder if we had drawn 2-2 at Torquay and also drawn at home to Exeter 2-2 with Pope and Andrew scoring (say), whether there would have been as much worry - but notw we would have had a point less if that had happened.

Let's see what the next couple of games bring, both in terms of team selection and results.

But in answer to the thread title - NO, please keep Tom in the team unless he looks exhausted and he doesn't.

Where have you got your assist figures from?. virtually all JMW's goals have come from penalties and a free kick. Though I will admit he does bring something to the table.

Regarding Vincent he has had about 3 decent games for the Vale and since November has been dross.

If we are going to spout stats Doddsie has 7 goals from far less games and brings more to the team than Vincent ever will!

If you find my posts embarrassing then I'll take that as a positive:laugh:

I got the assists stat from the official Port vale website.......http://www.port-vale.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

Btw I like Dodds and believe we would be better if he started more games.

Archived