onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO all pro-board fans

Twitters

My argument is based on the fact that I don't trust him, it's an intuitive thing. Why does he want to invest so heavily in PVFC? He's a businessman but he thinks he can make money from a football club? How many football clubs make money? Most chairmen put money into their clubs and it's money down the drain, they don't see it again. Mark Sims from what I've read seems a decent enough bloke, at least he's a Vale fan so it makes more sense, but I wish he wasn't wanting to collaborate with Mo.

You can think I'm talking nonsense if you want, whatever, but that's my opinion. What I've heard so far doesnt stack up in my mind and I'm trained not to believe everything I hear/read, but to work out when something doesnt quite make sense.

VG, you are perfectly entitled to an opinion - never let anyone tell you different.

I appreciate that you have put your opinion across in a well meaning manner - some folk would do well to learn from your example.

Personally, I think Mo is in it for a couple of reasons. It's undoubtedly an ego trip to some extent. A football club is the ultimate in boys toys. I think the other part is the challenge of trying to run a club properly.

After all, I dare say a lot of folk told him that he would never make a profit from Waterworld and that seems to have done very well under his stewardship.

Mark Sims seems a very shrewd businessman. He's built his own business, sold it and now works for a large floated company as CEO. You don't get into that position without being able to judge folk and without being a pretty savvy operator. His opinion of Mo, having not known the bloke before, and his current opinion of Bill Bratt are there for all to see in his open letter to Mr Bratt.

Do I believe Mo is in it to cause the club harm in any manner? Not a chance. There isn't enough significant upside in doing so for it to be worth it, particularly for a locally based businessman who has owns a major leisure business in the local area.

The cost of doing anything like an asset strip would be his reputation, probably a significant detrimental impact on his existing business, and a large monetary cost in terms of his investment in the club and then trying to do something with it's assets which in it's own right would cost a fortune.

Besides the point, with a 24.9% shareholding he won't have the power to do any of that unless the shareholders vote to allow him to invest further.

All in, I understand being cautious - it's a completely healthy attitude towards any investment deal IMHO. I however believe that in the opinion of those against Mo's investment something doesn't stack up - the opinions stated and the context and evidence to back them up do not tally.

The reason that I hope is behind this is that actually there isn't a coherent and rationale explanation to not allow him and Mark Sims to invest.

Advert

My argument is based on the fact that I don't trust him, it's an intuitive thing. Why does he want to invest so heavily in PVFC? He's a businessman but he thinks he can make money from a football club? How many football clubs make money? Most chairmen put money into their clubs and it's money down the drain, they don't see it again. Mark Sims from what I've read seems a decent enough bloke, at least he's a Vale fan so it makes more sense, but I wish he wasn't wanting to collaborate with Mo.

You can think I'm talking nonsense if you want, whatever, but that's my opinion. What I've heard so far doesnt stack up in my mind and I'm trained not to believe everything I hear/read, but to work out when something doesnt quite make sense.

So what does you womens intuition tell you Mo wants the vale for if its not to make it a success.

What other possible use is it to him apart from that? :unsure:

At what point was race mentioned in Vale_girls post?????

Why bring the race issue up, and why make light of it?????

At what point was the poster responding to Vale Girl?

The post he has very clearly quoted is one of mine.

As for the comment you have quoted, it isn't racist so please explain why you believe it to be so, or if you can't I would politely suggest retracting an accusation of racism against Mark.

At what point was race mentioned in Vale_girls post?????

Why bring the race issue up, and why make light of it?????

Post #145 from Vale-girl...

"I can see there does need to be a change, but I don't necessarily trust Mo Chaudry. From what I've heard, I question his motives for wanting to buy PVFC and there's something about him I don't like that I can't put my finger on....I just don't trust him. And before you start, I'm not a racist, it's just a gut feeling - and I trust my intuition cos it's not often wrong."

Why don't you read before you type?

You are now changing your mind....previously I was an "idiot" who had made "racist and sexist" comments. The comment above is not racist, as I was hoping that the post I commented on was not racially motivated. How can that be racist?

Where are the sexist comments?

You talk nonsense, you try to wind people up and you have no place on a message board like this.

Come on coward, as I said in my PM to you - call me an idiot to my face.

At what point was the poster responding to Vale Girl?

The post he has very clearly quoted is one of mine.

As for the comment you have quoted, it isn't racist so please explain why you believe it to be so, or if you can't I would politely suggest retracting an accusation of racism against Mark.

Thanks SV, but this person is just not worth it.

EDIT - Mr Banbell seems to believe that many on this forum have his number...is that correct? He also seems to think that I am alluding to violence when I challenged him to call me an idiot to my face.

Just thought people should know what the supporters of this board are like.

Post #145 from Vale-girl...

Come on coward, as I said in my PM to you - call me an idiot to my face.

And as I said in my reply son, get my number of someone, which I've readily given, Ill meet you at anytime and anyplace and call you an idiot and a lot more to your face.

And as I stated in my Pm, if your alluding to violence I'll give you 3 free shots and bet as much money as you want on who'll be on the floor. Lets make a bet (for charity) on the outcome as well.

Ill wait to hear from you. *****.

And as I said in my reply son, get my number of someone, which I've readily given, Ill meet you at anytime and anyplace and call you an idiot and a lot more to your face.

And as I stated in my Pm, if your alluding to violence I'll give you 3 free shots and bet as much money as you want on who'll be on the floor. Lets make a bet (for charity) on the outcome as well.

Banbell

What's it got to do with you, shouldn't you be posting on a Notts Forest website. You leave supporting Port Vale to real Port Vale fans.

Oh well, he's made it public himself...:laugh:

Thanks SV, but this person is just not worth it.

EDIT - Mr Banbell seems to believe that many on this forum have his number...is that correct? He also seems to think that I am alluding to violence when I challenged him to call me an idiot to my face.

Just thought people should know what the supporters of this board are like.

I see your trying to be a tough guy again and trying to meet people.

Oh well, he's made it public himself...:laugh:

Backing down after threating me via Pm are we, calling me a keyboard warrior and offering to meet so I can repeat it to your face???

Just name a time and a place and I'll quite happily say to you what I've said on hear, and plenty more.

Are you Stephen plant?

At least 3 people have, tisdeano being one, so get hold of it, give me a ring, and ill accept your invotation of calling you an idiot to your face.

If it wasnt a threat of violence fine, but lets see what you do when I do call you it.

Not trying to meet anyone...

Come on you seem to be always having a go, the way you post at times suggests you try and intimidate eg come tell me to my face etc

No need in my opinion

As far as spelling well get over your self.

Come on you seem to be always having a go, the way you post at times suggests you try and intimidate eg come tell me to my face etc

No need in my opinion

As far as spelling well get over your self.

Not trying to intimidate anyone and certainly not after any violence at all, but there are posters on here who come on to wind up and sometimes they succeed. No need for that either.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who regards poor spelling as annoying.

Tempers are running high on here and I get carried away like many others...maybe I should take a breath.

I suggest others do the same.

Over and out.

Archived