onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chilvers performance

wjbee

I thought Chilvers had another poor game last night,he was at fault for the first goal by bad defending and then conceded the penalty I thought he looked nervous all of the game,I can't for the life of me understand Mickey letting Clayton MacDonald out on loan when I think he's far better than Chilvers,who at best is a Conference player hence him playing for Telford.

Advert

You can't possibly single one player out for their first goal - it was a terrible start to the game, the midfield were no where and wingers not tracking back. From front to back, the whole team was at fault for their opener. I don't think our centre backs did too badly. Our full backs were too exposed at times, with Vincent standing still all game. If anyone didn't deserve their wages yesterday, it was him. Such pace and quality, but uninterested last night - in fact, he reminded me of Leon vs Crewe away years ago!!

Letting McDonald go was the right decision. He was/is not good enough for a team chasing promotion, hence him playing for Bristol Rovers ;)

It remains to be seen whether giving Chilvers another contract is the right decision. Jury still out IMO.

funny how macdonald has been good enough all season in a team at the top. Wasnt overly impressed with Chilvers last season and he hasnt and wont improve from that.

McDonald is rubbish. I'm am gobsmacked at the amount of people calling for him back like he was some rock in defence or that he actually headed the ball now and then.

I'd have preferred if him and Chilvers had gone and another centre half like had come in to partner purse.

funny how macdonald has been good enough all season in a team at the top. Wasnt overly impressed with Chilvers last season and he hasnt and wont improve from that.

Has he been good enough though? Let's face it, we aren't at the top because of how well we've defended! He is 9 ft 2 and can't win a header for a start.

Has he been good enough though? Let's face it, we aren't at the top because of how well we've defended! He is 9 ft 2 and can't win a header for a start.

i arent macdonalds biggest fan, but i thought he was much improved over last season and he was part of a table topping team.

I think Childers is not up to full speed yet. He needs games, but we should remember the defence got us through the Gillingham game and the first goal last night was a good goal with no serious blame. MacDonald is better in the aid than Chilvers, but Chilvers has played at higher levels and if he gets his whole game back he an Purse look very useful - until they come up against small with pace when they will need cover.

watch somne extended hihlights of vale at burton and aldershot, it shows exactly why he let mcdonald go

We drew at Burton and then he didn't play in our next game when we LOST to Northampton. He came off after 13mins at Aldershot, when the score was 0-0.

Lets hope Big Mac performs well for Bristol tomorrow.

We drew at Burton and then he didn't play in our next game when we LOST to Northampton. He came off after 13mins at Aldershot, when the score was 0-0.

Lets hope Big Mac performs well for Bristol tomorrow.

watch the highlights, count the number of free headers

I think Childers is not up to full speed yet. He needs games, but we should remember the defence got us through the Gillingham game and the first goal last night was a good goal with no serious blame. MacDonald is better in the aid than Chilvers, but Chilvers has played at higher levels and if he gets his whole game back he an Purse look very useful - until they come up against small with pace when they will need cover.

If you say McDonald is good in the air again, I will take legal and civil action. I have the ability and financial resources to do this.

Archived