onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Daniel jones vs Wimbledon

ValeMadrid87

He grew in stature as the game wore on. He turned out to have a superb game after a slow game.

And what a hit!

What we have to remember, is that Craig James was brilliant when he first joined. Lets give him chance to settle.

I think he would work really well with having Doddsy in front of him, which would give Dodds more of a licence to get inside and support the strikers. Also, Loft could be an idea. Him on left mid and Birchy in the middle, becoming the "water carrier" in front of the back 4.

Advert

i must have been watching a different game for me was at fault for the first goal, and didnt seem to offer a great deal, scored with a cheeky punt and was pacey but for me Burge was outstanding class act for L2 and i dont think it will be long before clubs cme calling

So lets get Yates and Rob Taylor in at left back. Jones was easily motm last night you could see he is used to playing at a higher level. He has good pace, he got stuck in and a cheeky punt it was a good strike at goal which flew in the net.

+

So lets get Yates and Rob Taylor in at left back. Jones was easily motm last night you could see he is used to playing at a higher level. He has good pace, he got stuck in and a cheeky punt it was a good strike at goal which flew in the net.

+

Exactly! He knew exactly what he was doing with that shot. Struck it like a dream.

He was not at fault for their first!

He had an overlap and defended the box and goal first which is what a full back should do, the problem was Vincent didn't switch on quickly enough and when he did it was too late.

Good debut, not a left winger. But will be a good acquisition and offers powerful running from full back, put in a great cross across the goalmouth that you would excpect Hughes or Pope to gamble on.

He was not at fault for their first!

He had an overlap and defended the box and goal first which is what a full back should do, the problem was Vincent didn't switch on quickly enough and when he did it was too late.

Good debut, not a left winger. But will be a good acquisition and offers powerful running from full back, put in a great cross across the goalmouth that you would excpect Hughes or Pope to gamble on.

Yep, agree with you there.

The other thing with Dan Jones is he's tall, so he's going to be able to compete in the air when tall opposition strikers pull onto the back post looking to get on the end of a cross.

Perhaps he would be better suited to playing in Vincents role, although we would lose Vincent's goals contribution.

Who was to blame for their first goal? A combo of Jones leaving a gap, Vincent slow in tracking back and Chilvers being beaten to the ball.

Way more positives than negatives for him, I thought.

I think it was Purse beaten to the cross.

Went missing a little to much for me and Vincent is lazy so we could get very exposed on that side and just a quick question was it me does burge look out of sorts when morsey is not in middle with him just something I have noticed

no spot on dont think vincent is playing well would replace him with lofty and put morsey in the middle with burge

no spot on dont think vincent is playing well would replace him with lofty and put morsey in the middle with burge

He was woefully poor last night and has been for a while, needs to be dropped for a while. Problem with our 2 wingers is they have no competition for there places so the get away with the poor drops in performance.

Jones looked a very good signing. What we've lacked all season really.

Burge did have a good game, Loft didn't really get going and prob was lucky to not be sent off, however their player who constantly fouled our players was even luckier.

i personally as i said on another thread think he i smore suited in an advanced role and scored his goal throught he centre, id consider a swap with loft who seems very comfortable defending now, some excellent challanges, or play loft at LB jones left wing and birchall in the middle vincent is to comfortable at the minute and needs a break

+

For the first goal he had to stand off the man running with the ball because they had a 2 on 1, when he cut inside him that was probably the point where he should have passed him on and gone to the bloke on the overlap (the one who eventually crossed it in for the goal), but to be fair it was a decent bit of attacking play.

For the first goal he had to stand off the man running with the ball because they had a 2 on 1, when he cut inside him that was probably the point where he should have passed him on and gone to the bloke on the overlap (the one who eventually crossed it in for the goal), but to be fair it was a decent bit of attacking play.

That's how i saw it, Jones had to back off as he had 2 to contend with no help by vincent and they crossed it well and the goal was scored. Vincent has been very poor and does nothing for the team, Jones was not at fault for the first goal.

Archived