onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The "Other Side" Of Tom Pope!

Boslem Boy

Much has been said about Tom Pope this season, much has been written about him. Earlier this week Pope broke a club record by scoring 20 goals in a faster time than anybody else in Port Vale's history.

By achieving this feat Pope wiped Wilf Kirkham's name from the record books!

To my way of thinking this shows the "darker side" of Tom Pope, the selfish individual who clearly has no thought for the memory of poor Wilf! Pope is clearly a product of the modern game, a person who only thinks about himself, he only thinks about the glory and what he can gain by acting in the manner that we have all witnessed since the start of the season.

Wilf Kirkham played for Port Vale in a period when football gave very little back. He played a man's game in the day when it was an unforgiving sport that was played with a proper ball. He was prolific and remains our top scorer. He did this over 80 years ago - a lifetime in other words and I'm sure that very few, if any of us can remember the man, remember the legend that Wilf became.

Pope has decided this season that he wanted to break the great man's record........ and he has. However I am sure that I am not the only one who has noticed Pope's lack of remorse. Infact we all witnessed Pope's reaction after he scored his 3rd goal. From where I was sitting it actually looked as though Pope was celebrating, as though he was actually enjoying the moment and giving no thought to poor Wilf and his suffering at being wiped from Port Vale's history.

I'm sure that you will all agree that Tom Pope has brought shame to the good name of Port Vale this season, that his behaviour shows nothing but contempt to the name of Wilf Kirkham and the shirt that Wilf wore with pride. If Pope carriers on as he has started and scores even more goals in his pursuit of yet more glory, I'm sure that he will cause yet more damage to our clubs reputation and rub more salt in Wilf's already gaping wounds.

If you see Pope in the street then please tell him what you think of him. If you see him scoring yet more goals then please, please boo him. Turn your back on him, pelt him with rotten fruit. Let this man know how we all feel about his goal scoring exploits.

Let Pope know that although Wilf Kirkham is gone, he is not forgotten. Let Pope know how we, the black & white half of the City really feel about him and his unacceptable behaviour. Tom Pope should be banned from football and sent to work down the coalmines.

Thank you.:laugh:

Advert

Archived