onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New kit

Vital Spark

Advert

Please explain in detail how you think I'm still confused.

ok, this is my take

the sondico original white plain top was only ever discussed as a temporary shirt until the Oxford game, we then saw the new striped shirt

the other shirts were discussed as the shirts for the 2012/2013 season, people may have assumed that the Sondico sponsorship would remain on these shirts

we have not had clarification yet but we now think the sponsor may change but the shirt is not, so we are not changing shirts but may be changing the name on the front

the confusion is whether we thought sondico would remain on the front of all shirts, i personally never thought they would, others seem to think the same, others dont, hence confusion

I think the shop were totally open and honest with you... The Yellow, Pink and new white KITS are for the remainder of the season, the sponsor is not part of the kit, its added by the club....

Is the sponsor really a major selling point for a replica kit? Surely the design and the fact youre a fan is the biggest reasons for buying the kit...

And finally no-one is forcing you to buy all the kits with all the different sponsors on it....I do believe thats your choice!!!

But we won't have played in the kit in 2013 though clever clogs.

Thank you for missing the point!

I only bought the pink kit because I had a load of club shop vouchers from one of Barry's competitions. It's the first time I've bought a kit for donkeys years. Football kits are ALWAYS a rip off. The mark up on them is ridiculously high and anyone who buys one must surely know they are never going to get value for money. I was always under the impression that Sondico was a temporary sponsor until the Oxford game. Seems from reading the thread I wasn't alone in that. I can't get me head round why the name on the front is so important if the shirt is the right colour. I see people wearing all sorts of Vale kits at games. Much ado about nowt really.

ok, this is my take

the sondico original white plain top was only ever discussed as a temporary shirt until the Oxford game, we then saw the new striped shirt

the other shirts were discussed as the shirts for the 2012/2013 season, people may have assumed that the Sondico sponsorship would remain on these shirts

we have not had clarification yet but we now think the sponsor may change but the shirt is not, so we are not changing shirts but may be changing the name on the front

the confusion is whether we thought sondico would remain on the front of all shirts, i personally never thought they would, others seem to think the same, others dont, hence confusion

Yes, I agree with everything you have written, however, when I buy something marketed clearly as a 2012/13 kit then I would expect that kit and it's sponsor to last the duration of that season - wouldn't you? I bought the temporary white kit fully understanding it would only be used upto the Oxford game and I don't have any issues with that outcome, but I have also spent hundreds of pounds for my son on pink, yellow and GK kits and he still won't have this seasons kit! That's my problem.

Thank you for missing the point!

I only bought the pink kit because I had a load of club shop vouchers from one of Barry's competitions. It's the first time I've bought a kit for donkeys years. Football kits are ALWAYS a rip off. The mark up on them is ridiculously high and anyone who buys one must surely know they are never going to get value for money. I was always under the impression that Sondico was a temporary sponsor until the Oxford game. Seems from reading the thread I wasn't alone in that. I can't get me head round why the name on the front is so important if the shirt is the right colour. I see people wearing all sorts of Vale kits at games. Much ado about nowt really.

Try telling that to kids who pressure their parents to get the latest kits. Reading some of the reactions and comments on this subject just shows how Vale fans are still happy to settle for second best and actually try and defend being ripped off - amazing.

Yes, I agree with everything you have written, however, when I buy something marketed clearly as a 2012/13 kit then I would expect that kit and it's sponsor to last the duration of that season - wouldn't you?

No, I awlays assumed Sondico were only ever a temporary sponsor, some did not, hence the confusion

To be fair to the OP I see his point to a degree kids don't want last weeks shirts, but I think a new owner was always going to bring in their own sponsor. I bought the pink one for a bit of fun and put some coffers in the club funds.

I'll still wear it to games this season whatever it says on the front.

Not to sound like a **** or anything but there are more important things for us to be worrying about. So what if the replica kit has a different sponsor?? The kit is the same. This happened the year we beat Stoke 3-1 if I remember correctly as at one point me had Kalamazoo and at another ABC Minolta Copiers and the replica kits only had Kalamazoo on them. Personally, I'm gonna buy everything I can to put money into the club and our priority should be PW completing his takeover.

Try telling that to kids who pressure their parents to get the latest kits. Reading some of the reactions and comments on this subject just shows how Vale fans are still happy to settle for second best and actually try and defend being ripped off - amazing.

I'm not defending being ripped off. Being ripped off is a voluntary activity when it comes to football shirts.

Something that is marketed as a kit for the 2012/13 should be just that! No need to worry though, I've been scalded too many times by that excuse of a shop and won't be buying another thing from there.

How could it be a permanent sponsor for the full season?

We were/are in admin.A new owner would want their own sponsor which may very well be a different one.

There is no confusion. I was told by the shop staff that only the white emergency kit was temporary up until October whereas the pink, yellow, GK kits would be used for the rest of the season.

Did they say with the SAME sponsor?

Archived