onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shambles.

Spunk Trumpet

I can remember it coming to blows in the Bycars over Rudge in the latter days. Can you believe it now!!!

Almost no, I'm glad someone else remembers. I quite often think I imagined it. But we got a lot of new "fans" thanks to Rudgie's success and they didn't know life just avoiding re-election, or how he dealt in the transfer market to keep us punching above our weight. They just couldn't get why we weren't in the prem or whatever it was called then. Now no sane person would regard Rudge as anything other than the greatest manager we ever had. And a nice bloke too. Great man manager as well, in Swanny's book he's one of the few around who emerge with any credit. The current lot should look and learn.

Advert

The club.. From top to bottom.

I see that the new CEO has now come on here and i suspect he gets his tin hat.

It isnt your fault Mr. Deakin but you are now prime target as the only clubs representitive on here.... I said that kind of loosely because its common fact that our good old director Mr. Oliver likes to play around with many user names!!! Pathetic.

The club is going nowhere under Bill Bratt and co and that includes you Mr. Deakin. The supporters have had enough.

Was the Stoke Audi sponsorship really newsworthy? 1000 pounds? Get real.

Mr Deakin and co, bridges have been burnt to the point of no return and ultimately you can congratulate Mr. Bratt for this.

Now, i touched on it in another thread but since the departure of Micky Adams the amount of "incidents" is unreal.

Was Micky the only disciplinarian at the club????

For 16 months i loved the club under Micky, yes, i wanted the board out still but he was a figure that not only did they hide behind but also the fans decided to concentrate on the football.

What he inherited and what he did with that side until ultimately he **** on us, (Id still have him back mind) was a superb effort.

In his days i really felt proud to be a Vale fan.

Now lets name the "incidents". Im sure one or two words will suffice. You will all know what im on about.

Jim Gannon, Player revolt, Glenn Oliver, Bill Bratt, Shareholders letter, 13k, Geoff Horsfield, Mark Grew, Gary Roberts, Player revolt, Busgate, Players arrested, Exodus, Accrington, Black and Gold, Mo Chaudry, Peter Jackson talking, Graham Mudie, Mark Simms.... Any more??

The latest incident being the players that have been arrested which in my opinion is unacceptable.

Whether you are anti board like many on here and many i know personally or you are pro board like some on here and again some i know personally, i doubt anyone can deny the fact that us poor fans, LOYAL fans, have been shat on from a great height again this season.

From a personal standpoint im disgusted with every aspect of our club at the minute and it is close to becoming irrepairable.

Mr. Deakin.... I appreciate you coming on here and welcome your new ideas, that is unless you were responsible for the latest shambles in the "Guess the manager" competition.:rolleyes:

I suspect that you are onto a loser Mr. Deakin in the fact that you dont really know what you have got yourself in for.

Port Vale Football Club is in turmoil. Big time.

One disaster and incident after another and all us supporters want, well me anyway, is pride, passion and honesty from the players right to the top, which for me is the board of directors and the Chairman.

We have none of that at the moment from anyone.

The players tell me that they are determined to get promoted and then 2 of them get arrested!!

The manager, or at least the assistant manager tells the supporters the lads are "up for it" and then they come on the pitch and cannot beat a toss Southend side.

The board of directors, the majority of which are left dont promise anything because they cannot. They are just happy to be a director of Port Vale. Id be very interested to see what the likes of Mr.Oliver has contributed in the last few years.

The Chairman.... Well what can you say about that man? Broken promise after broken promise. Ive lost track the amount of times hes said "I will walk away" ..... Fact is he wont. "We are actively seeking investment"...... You are talking crap Bill and have done for the majority of the last 8 years.

Broken promise after broken promise to supporters who, quite frankly, deserve better... A hell of a lot better.

Mr Deakin, if you read this i hope it registers. Although living abroad i have flew over to see 15 games this season with Morecambe and Barnet to come (Flights already booked) but i doubt i will bother as it just gets me angry and upset with the state that my football club is in.

Its a damn ****ing shambles from top to bottom. Every aspect of the club. Even the supporters argue with one another on the terraces!!

What a crying shame. :(

Superb post ST.

This board have indeed created a monster.:yes:

===

" Every aspect of the club. Even the supporters argue with one another on the terraces!!

What a crying shame. "

That is the sadest part of all this, fellow supporters arguing with each other to the extent it starts in violence. Vale Park has turned into a dark place and I think we should all look at each other and ask have our actions improved the club or made things worse?

Personally whilst I hope and pray we get investments, preferably from a local source, I can not "starve them out". I feel that this does more harm than good. Short term pain for long term gains is utter rubbish. We will be banging the nail into our own coffin and be mourners at our own funeral.

Maybe its wishful thinking, but the EGM and rule change will lead the way for further change for the better.......if it happens.....it surely must.

Words of wisdom from the original poster, well said Paul!!===

As a club we've become a laughing stock with the amount of times Vale's antics off-the-pitch has made it into the national press, quite frightening really.:unsure:

As a club, we're lurching from one crisis to another, and I'm not sure how much more of this our fans can tolerate anymore.

For sure, Micky Adams gave us a club to be proud of, and on the pitch, things looked to be on the up. I just hope that V2001 crumble sooner rather than later.

Archived