onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Gillingham: 22.09.2012; all the pre game stuff

Bernieseven

Advert

I take it you are being sarcastic as the club needs as much coin as it can get.

Sorry Mr Melv, from now on I shall not think outside the box.

It may just be that little incentive that makes the attendance that little bit more.

It could also have the effect of people turning up more to encourage goals. Just thought we could do something with the feel good factor!

That freak gate is quoted so often it is getting to be a very tired statistic. I cant remember how many Shrewsbury brought, but they could have gone top if they won and it was probably near to 1,000 and Gillingham may well bring 250 or so.

It was well into the season too, not just 6 games, and the civil war between Vale fans has certainly eroded some support regardless of who is to blame and stuff like that. There is no great attraction to Gillingham either, as I posted previously they visited 2 years ago and played out a ghastlyand mind-numbingly boring 0-0 draw where we didnt even acheive a single corner. The Shrewsbury game had been hyped up a lot in the buildup and the local derby element added to the crowd figure.

So unless we win at Fleetwood (possible but I would take a draw right now) and/or get some positive club buyer news, then 5,500 won't be bad and will keep our heads above the break-even figure nicely.

That Shrewsbury game wasn't that far into the season - it was September 29th, only seven days later than this Saturdays game.

And people aren't not gonna turn up because of a 0-0 draw two years ago.

I'm reckoning we could touch 6k on Saturday.

The only freebies that we should be giving out, is what we used to do when Tunstall Assurance were our sponsers. Give tickets to schools so kids can get in free, but ensure that they need to be accompanied by a paying adult. This way the kids drag someone along who has got to pay, and we gain a young fan who would more than likely choose Stoke over Vale because they are PL.

Get them while there young, then there is no escaping.

The only freebies that we should be giving out, is what we used to do when Tunstall Assurance were our sponsers. Give tickets to schools so kids can get in free, but ensure that they need to be accompanied by a paying adult. This way the kids drag someone along who has got to pay, and we gain a young fan who would more than likely choose Stoke over Vale because they are PL.

Get them while there young, then there is no escaping.

That, my friend, is a top idea, and one that is feasible at that. I remember my school getting a stack of free tickets, and with me being about 12 at the time, my dad had to come when he probably wouldn't have otherwise. We got nobbed by hartlepool 1-5 I think and it snowed that night :laugh:

No need to reduce prices. If people aren't up for paying 20 quid to watch the vale at the moment, they are mental.

some people just aint got it spare at the moment mate for all sorts of reasons, they also have kids and you cant just go without them when they want to go too. Then theirs the food and drink etc... it all adds up. Other priorities have to come first in a family like new uniforms, clothes, shoes etc, its s hit and many will be p issed off about it and the last thing they want to hear is the above statement.

most will be back when jobs/wages pick up....thats life

That, my friend, is a top idea, and one that is feasible at that. I remember my school getting a stack of free tickets, and with me being about 12 at the time, my dad had to come when he probably wouldn't have otherwise. We got nobbed by hartlepool 1-5 I think and it snowed that night :laugh:

Various clubs do that. Remember when Hearn did this at Orient. He was slagged off and said. The school kids are the new fan base. They come with a paying adult. Want a drink, pie, scarf and programme, so we generate money from that side of things. Why have an empty ground, when you can have a ground with kids and paying adults.

Agree with his thinking. So get tickets out to the schools and get them in. Suppose the grumpy posters will slag this off now as kids will be running around the ground screaming and they cant get to the bottom of the stand to run around screaming as the kids are there.

Archived