onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Plymouth 1 Port Vale 3 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Just got back.

Great 2nd half performance after a lack lustre first half.

Vale played ok first half but Plymouth seem to want it more, and had the breaks, and had the help of a very one sided ref (imo).

1 down was probably fair but Vale did look dangerous going forward.

2nd half Plymouth weren't really in it. Dodds had an early chance and a spate of early pressure brought a number of corners, then Vale gained a penalty (it was a pen) through good play down the right, 1-1.

The 2nd goal was true class, ball down the line to Williams to the by-line picked out Vincent 2-1. 3rd a bit of a sramble by Williamson and we could have had a 4th straight after when we hit the bar when it would've been easier to score.

Great 2nd half display. MOM Myrie-Williams 1 assist 1 goal and generally looked dangerous whenever he got the ball, even when they had 3 men on him.

Well done lads!!!!

Advert

I think both Vincent and Myrie-Williams can get into double figures this season. They're not Guppy and McCarthy obviously, but certainly have more end product and more about them than Taylor and Haldane. I also like the fact that if Shuker isn't having the best of games then we have Ryan Burge to bring on, somebody who also likes to pass the ball and create.

Owen, Yates, Burge, Taylor and Williamson have hardly figured this season and yet they would all get into quite a few other L2 sides.

We were pretty woeful in the first half. Overrun in the centre of the park and couldn't get the wingers into the game. They thoroughly deserved their half time lead. We had started to come into the game a little bit before the interval but were much improved in the second half. Almost scored straight after half time but Vincent missed his chance. They then gave away a stupid unnecessary penalty on Vincent which Myrie-W converted without too much trouble. The second goal was a super run down the right by Myrie whose pullback to Vincent was ace and the finish was even better. Third goal came from a free kick out wide when Vincent had been fouled although their fans got upset because they seem to think he'd dived - it looked like he had actually jumped in the air to avoid a daft lunge. The ball was played through to Burge who whipped a cross to the near post when Williamson got on the end of it. Great thing was all the goals were scored at the Vale end! Super day all round.

Melv

Dunna worry - what's best a squad of 26-28 or a squad of 20 with at least 16 who could step on the pitch and play, no problem

I just have a concern that once bookings and injuries start to take their toll in the winter that could be a problem.But the players can't do more than they are doing now with the recent results as they are.So we have no choice but to get on with it for now.

Its a long long season. Lets enjoy it but by no means get carried away.

A special mention to those getting suicidal on the match thread at one down.

Its gonna happen again, make no mistake.

We will lose games this season, make no mistake.

We have had a great start and 2 wins in the next 2 wont mean we are going up. 2 defeats will also mean no cause to throw yourselves off the nearest bridge and looking for scapegoats.

Lets get real, enjoy the moment but ultimately not get carried away.

Buzzing for Tuesday. Up the Vale.

Just noticed on my Betvictor app that we are now 16-1 to win the league, glad I had my £25 e.w when I did at 80-1, people beginning to take notice I think.

Archived