onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An evening with DM & Matt Hancock - Thurs 2nd May

Advert

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Some deluded posts on here this morning. Vale are league two and Bannan won't even think of coming here... Money talks he would probably join another league one club. 

Maybe asking Gibbons back on a 12 year deal and Stone is the realistic possibity. 

Uche is a carthorse... Get rid.. But he won't... Would have been better keeping Wilson!! 

I was'nt kidding about the 12 year deal... We give long deals to anyone nowadays eh Carol?? 🤔

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Confused 3

Harking back to the RW interview.

He said that with Carol and family now owning the club he feels he can now re-invest his heart back into the club.

Maybe he might invest more than his heart, and sponsor a hallmark signing that would clearly show actions speak louder than words?

This forum makes me laugh sometimes.

Doom and gloom one week.

Positivity and optimism the week after.

On top of that, throw in discussions regarding Barry Bannan signing (who would have to take a 70 / 80% pay cut). 

• Haha 1

I never wanted AC as manager because there is no substitute for experience, especially when the going gets tough. I don't like giving managers their first job and apart from the exception that was Sir John every other period of relative success in my time as a supporter was with an experienced manager at the helm. When I watched his interviews in pre season last year my opinion of AC remained the same i.e. negative.

Having just sat through the replay of last nights meeting I am feeling much more positive than last season. I think DM has a clear idea of what he wants from his players and, more importantly, a clear idea of how to achieve it. AC had the first but lacked the latter. That's the difference experience makes.

I look forward to a busy closed season of ins and outs and I am feeling confident that we will at least make a fight of it next season.

• Like 6

I only had time yesterday evening to watch a few minutes of the evening live, but I've now been able to watch the recording through.

Well done to Darren and Matt for an excellent Q&A and giving straight answers to all of the questions.

It's left me really keen to know the further answers they couldn't yet give, about new players incoming, and about the pre-season friendlies they've arranged for next season, and about the new on-field and off-field captains.

As other posters have commented, it seems clear that last season Darren was compelled to tread gently with the existing squad, to try and coax some performances out of them, but is now able to be much more direct and blunt about what is required from each of them, if they want to have any future at the club.

My impression is that the outcome of the evening is to make the supporters much more upbeat and hopeful for the coming season.

UTV

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Talk is cheap, as people used to throw at DF all the time once we were struggling. Let's see what shape we're in come August

DM was very careful to not over commit.  He said what fans obviously wanted to hear regards new signings but did caveat that by saying the players ultimately decide where they want to go, not PVFC. Phil Sproson, Adam Yates and Leon Legge have all commented on Radio Stoke previously too, that even if we match the offers of other clubs (financially) it’s still a difficult proposition to get permanent signings to come to our club, for whatever reasons.  Experienced players (by that I mean natural leaders and winners) are not perhaps as easily persuaded by how well we look after them and/or their families as our young loanees (and their clubs) may have been in the recent past. As DM eluded too, we need a winning mentality first (as a club) being nice/friendly at the same time is the ideal but not a necessity.

Harking back to the RW interview.
He said that with Carol and family now owning the club he feels he can now re-invest his heart back into the club.
Maybe he might invest more than his heart, and sponsor a hallmark signing that would clearly show actions speak louder than words?
Don't hold your breath.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

I only had time yesterday evening to watch a few minutes of the evening live, but I've now been able to watch the recording through.

Well done to Darren and Matt for an excellent Q&A and giving straight answers to all of the questions.

It's left me really keen to know the further answers they couldn't yet give, about new players incoming, and about the pre-season friendlies they've arranged for next season, and about the new on-field and off-field captains.

As other posters have commented, it seems clear that last season Darren was compelled to tread gently with the existing squad, to try and coax some performances out of them, but is now able to be much more direct and blunt about what is required from each of them, if they want to have any future at the club.

My impression is that the outcome of the evening is to make the supporters much more upbeat and hopeful for the coming season.

UTV

The outcome aim was to BS the fans into buying into STs. 

Nothing the man said means anything... Read off a script. Tell Carol to invest in the team... Put her money where her mouth is. 

17 players that may not be here in the new season... Yes we know who is being offloaded don't we? 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The outcome aim was to BS the fans into buying into STs. 

Nothing the man said means anything... Read off a script. Tell Carol to invest in the team... Put her money where her mouth is. 

17 players that may not be here in the new season... Yes we know who is being offloaded don't we? 😉

Chat some crap you do! Read off a script 🤔 it was a live q&a meeting & he was put on the spot with some difficult questions. Got to be the most idiotic & negative person on here you! 🥱 Did you watch or have you watched last nights fans forum? They stated we are going to have a very competitive budget for next season 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Chat some crap you do! Read of a script 🤔 it was a live q&a meeting & he was put on the spot with some difficult questions. Got to be the most idiotic & negative person on here you! 🥱 

Have you bought your St yet? Going like hotcakes! 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Have you bought your St yet? Going like hotcakes! 

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Stoke City FC - TeamCard

You got yours yet KR?  😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘❤❤❤❤

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

This forum makes me laugh sometimes.

Doom and gloom one week.

Positivity and optimism the week after.

On top of that, throw in discussions regarding Barry Bannan signing (who would have to take a 70 / 80% pay cut). 

We’re going to finish top bottom because we have the worst best players and the lowest highest budget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2