onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players I never want to see in a Vale shirt again

15 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Lets not forget that included in that run was losing to bottom of the table Carlisle and getting thrashed at second from bottom of the table Fleetwood.

Let's not forget that Moore had a much weaker squad to choose from compared to what Crosby had and even then Crosby messed up big style

Disagree we had a much weaker squad, the only player of note was Arblaster. Yes, we lost away to Carlisle and Fleetwood in this bad run but after Moore has taken charge we also lost at Cheltenham and drew at home to Fleetwood. I’m not saying we were good under Crosby, especially for the last 10 games, I’m just saying we became even worse under Moore.

Advert

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Rhys was not a viable option in the position we were in. His limited appearances have more than shown that.

I will judge Moore next season when he’s had a pre season and hopefully given the opportunity for a clear out. 

Why was Rhys not a viable option to play and to play Garrity more up front? Surely it was a better option than playing Garrity further back and Weir in a more advanced role?

I will judge Moore on what he has done so far which has been rubbish but I am willing to give him at least 6 months next season to see if he can make amends. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MBE said:

Or a club prepared to take on the contract.

With some you can but then that's just hanging around waiting to see if another club would actually do that and then that buggers up your planning & recruiting of players.

Pay up 2 or 3 and then place a handful more on the transfer list

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Disagree we had a much weaker squad, the only player of note was Arblaster. Yes, we lost away to Carlisle and Fleetwood in this bad run but after Moore has taken charge we also lost at Cheltenham and drew at home to Fleetwood. I’m not saying we were good under Crosby, especially for the last 10 games, I’m just saying we became even worse under Moore.

Devine, Thomas who Crosby treated poorly and then he had a player at his disposal who is playing in the Premier League.

If we take a step back, we are actually arguing about which manager is worse, Crosby or Moore. Crazy if you think about it

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

If we take a step back, we are actually arguing about which manager is worse, Crosby or Moore. Crazy if you think about it

It’s like a game of Takeshi’s Castle when you consider it’s Flitcroft’s crap they are having to manage with. 

• Haha 4

Let's look at how clubs who have gone down are ending the season .

Fleetwood got a winning mentality all of a sudden yes too little too late but least there fans can exit league 1 with pride

Carlisle beat Peterborough 3-1 but other than that have ended it poorly however that result speaks volumes judging on our lame teams efforts v them.

Cheltenham are still in there battling and DC will be decent in league 2 if go

Then there's us ending season with. Defeat after defeat 

If DM believes that the Players have gone down fighting then that doesn't say a lot about them and that's the reason for me that we have to move them on ASAP. 

If we cannot then the future looks very bleak in a nutshell .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Who knows we may be able to loan some of them out to reduce the wage burden? Would have thought more chance of other clubs considering loaning our unwanted, under contract players than paying any transfer fees.  May be a few Mal Benning type ‘transfers’ - players finding other clubs and then agreeing to cancel contracts by mutual consent.

Little to no chance. Which of our crocks/failures would you want in your league two team. Can’t think of any.

Put yourself in the boots of any of them. Would you take say £20,000 to leave or hang on to get paid £80,000 in the next year. My answer would be NO DEAL. Only at Port Vale do we have a problem with signing off fees.😩

8 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Little to no chance. Which of our crocks/failures would you want in your league two team. Can’t think of any.

Put yourself in the boots of any of them. Would you take say £20,000 to leave or hang on to get paid £80,000 in the next year. My answer would be NO DEAL. Only at Port Vale do we have a problem with signing off fees.😩

You can get either get paid £20k or not play at all this season and then have zero chance the following season of actually finding a club because you have not played for 12 months and you have been to show that you do not give 2 hoots which means you they will need to have a new career path like pot hole filler

53 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Devine, Thomas who Crosby treated poorly and then he had a player at his disposal who is playing in the Premier League.

So true….clearly Moore has done worse.

Apparently Thomas was injured. Devine was very raw, not division 1 ready when we first had him….with a full fit squad then I wouldn’t have had him starting above a midfield of Chislett, Garrity, Arblaster and Ojo. I was surprised he moved up to the Championship and it has shown as he has only played 2 full games for Plymouth both of those games being in February just after he signed for Plymouth.

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

So true….clearly Moore has done worse.

Apparently Thomas was injured. Devine was very raw, not division 1 ready when we first had him….with a full fit squad then I wouldn’t have had him starting above a midfield of Chislett, Garrity, Arblaster and Ojo. I was surprised he moved up to the Championship and it has shown as he has only played 2 full games for Plymouth both of those games being in February just after he signed for Plymouth.

Alfie Devine played 765 minutes in the championship for Plymouth  with 2 x assists. 

Lets just agree that Crosby was tripe and Moore's been trip so far.

No need to keep arguing about who is the worst out of the 2.

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This thread should of been started after the Cambridge game.

I'm afraid a few of you will be disappointed when you see the teamsheet on Saturday. 

Unless they change it from 11-a-side to 5-a-side with our team being Garrity, Chizzy, Dipepa, Shorrock and Plant. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phil500 said:

To be honest if any are staying they better get themselves fitter .

If on 80 grand a year that's a lot of money but in football terms maybe not. 

I personally wouldn't like be the person who as to sort that mess out .

You could go through every player in squad and go 

Keep release or transfer list on there showings in league 1 most haven't got a leg stand on the proof is in the pudding in fact not most nearly all .

League 2 they could all shine with right mentality and surrounded by leaders and better players,(THIS IS where Moore earns his 8 grand a week ) but still it's that habit when we have fallen behind in games I haven't seen anywhere enough drive ,determination, and will to turn games around .

Hard being a fanatic (when it takes over your life totally engrossed in every minute of every game )but no supporter /follower/one game a season person should be accepting of the way we have ended up in league 2 .

I'm not bothered what players get paid you gotta earn it .

Chislett Charlton want well give us a million DEAL he is worth that he as something about him 

Garrity 1.5 million goalscorer grafter and will do a job for you ,hates losing surround him with better players you will find he is worth it

Dipepa 4 million can take players ON scores great goals .

So there's a good 6 .5 million then see what can get for rest of squad Ripley 2 relegation  in a  row 120 k the rest no value at all .

Edited by Dipepa delight
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1