onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

Advert

4 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Was John Rudge ‘passionate’ in interviews? Does it really matter if they win games?

Im not bothered how Moore sounds or what he says. I remember fans kicking off at Clarke’s abrasiveness towards Bowers when he didn’t win for 7. We came to love it.

If Moore wins games, “um no yeah” will become endearing.

I get the impression that some people had their view of DM coloured by the Huddersfield fans without a life who came on FB slagging him off every day for what seemed to be an endless period that's definitely where the people got the childish "erm" criticism from. I have never been a sheep myself I prefer to make up my own mind rather than prove I don't have one by aping fools.

You are absolutely right Sir John was not overtly passionate he was softly spoken and a real gentleman on every occasion I met him. Running around, jumping up and down and verbal diarrhea  aren't indications of whether someone is passionate though, or indicative of how good a manager they are. Sir John was passionate but he took a more considered approach, plus he had Pejic for the fiery stuff and they made a great team. I have seen plenty of poor managers who were very passionate but completely lacking in tactical nous.

My opinion is that AC and DF (I see those two as a double act as they were both very much on the same page) brought in weak minded show ponies who got shown up when we needed to scrap for points and they also failed to bring in the kind of proven goal scorers who can turn a scrappy game into a win. DM simply didn't have the right tools and didn't have a transfer window to even attempt to address our many issues so I will reserve judgement until he has been given something to work with. We were falling apart from winning positions, struggling to score goals and failing to respond when going behind long before he got here, none of that is on him.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Good luck with the recovery 👍 yoi could get a game up front for us next week and probably be more effective than some. 

I assumed he meant the behind the scenes structure. I don’t believe that he came into the club blind to how we operated and I think his appointment is also a big factor in DF going and i think he will get more say than I believe Crosby had in transfer dealings 

Thanks PV1973...I was thinking of taking up a tamer game - like wheelchair basketball!! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, man in the pub said:

You are right Tony the 3000 hardcore Vale fans will always be there. That is regardless of what division we are in and who our owner is. However to improve and climb up the Leagues it's those casual supporters we need to regularly attract. It's regular gates of 10000 not gates of 3000 that is needed. Good luck with your recovery, some things in life are more important than football.

Thanks for that, man in the pub - you're dead right, mate!

When a team is doing well, that fanbase often doubles, or more, in size - as we saw the season we got promoted, and the first half of the next. We will bounce back! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:
21 hours ago, LancyTony said:
Don't worry about me - my mental attitude is still better than many of the morons on here - including yours. But I've been with the Vale through relegations before which is why I don't stamp my feet and throw my dummy out of the pram...or yap yap yap like some of you.  My "ramblings"? Some of you can't even read properly, but I don't believe I've written anything but the truth. 
As for my absence - it has nothing to do with not being paid by Flitcroft - which is very nearly libellous - but more to do with my recovering from having half a leg amputated! I rarely have to worry about the upset I may cause people on here - my personal attacks are mostly in response to being attacked.
So - I won't be around as much for a while...but I'll be in the disabled sector more, next season, now that some pain has gone away...leaving just a few pains on here!
Looking forward to a rebuild, and another promotion season, next time round! UTYV VTID Happy Claooers rule!!! 

Hope your recovery goes well.

Thanks Walka003...yours, too! haha!!

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Was John Rudge ‘passionate’ in interviews? Does it really matter if they win games?

Im not bothered how Moore sounds or what he says. I remember fans kicking off at Clarke’s abrasiveness towards Bowers when he didn’t win for 7. We came to love it.

If Moore wins games, “um no yeah” will become endearing.

Conversely, we loved Clarke because he won games, not because he was aggressive in his interviews with someone just doing their job. 

I really don't think Moore's interview technique becomes a topic of conversation if we start winning games again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Granville said:

Conversely, we loved Clarke because he won games, not because he was aggressive in his interviews with someone just doing their job. 

I really don't think Moore's interview technique becomes a topic of conversation if we start winning games again.

Hes just not a very good manager. I don’t see him turning this around. Fans of every club didn’t rate him other than at Doncaster. 

15 minutes ago, Granville said:

What if we don't?! 

There are lots of lessons to learn from this season, not least of which we should have a greater focus on the pitch than off it if we are to get the paying fans back on side.

I think Carol trusted Flitcroft so implicitly she felt she could concentrate on the off the field business (which she is actually quite good at), and leave the rest to him.

She was naive to put that faith in him.

I do actually feel a bit sorry for her. She did what she felt was right and given her lack of football knowledge, she let the football side be run by someone who convinced her he was right. He took her for a ride and he will now have no consequences for his part in this failure.

A lot of the vitriol at her and to other fans is wrong. I'm not talking about the reasoned debate amongst people who actually have a measured view, rather than some of the reactionary lunacy on here mainly from people who can't spell and are quite happy for a pile on because they can feel better about themselves.

That said, Carol isn't free from blame. She needs to take responsibility for this but the best thing to do is speak to people in the game with experience to decide the way forward. There are plenty of people out there with the club at heart she could turn to - malign the names all you want but Yates, Sproson and Foyle are all people who will have opinions, contacts and expertise to help turn things around, and I'd rather them have a say in what happens than another chancer like Flitcroft or God forbid Patrick be involved. 

Carol's got a lot wrong, but we can't sack every player, we can't change what's happened now, but we can hold her to account to get it right from now on because she has to acknowledge that the fanbase isn't happy and an unhappy fanbase doesn't put money into the club which she still needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Hes just not a very good manager. I don’t see him turning this around. Fans of every club didn’t rate him other than at Doncaster. 

I get that, I just think it doesn't really matter how a manager comes across in interviews as long as they ARE winning games.

Being animated and angry if you lose 20 games in a row? People call you unhinged and incapable of keeping your cool. 

Being laid back and passive if you lose 20 games in a row? People say you don't care.

Win 20 in a row and that anger is passion, and that passiveness becomes calm. 

Its all subjective.

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I think we probably sell one of Garrity or Chislett - I would guess Chislett, as he’s better technically, is a bit younger, and perhaps will want to move back South where’s he’s spent most of his career. Charlton wouldn’t surprise me, considering his performances against them. I honestly think we’ll hold onto Garrity. 

Next season could look like:

Ripley

Clark New Smith New

Ojo New

Plant New Shorrock

New

Crikey that team be relegated again too weak .

Who's this New see he can play 5 positions

Let's have a new team get rid of serial.losers .

We can accept one defeat in 7 /8 in league 2  but not every game .

Smith won't be on a lot thats why he keeps signing cause no one else will have him .

Pay at least him off I've seen enough ,I've heard enough and I don't want see any more of him .

As they say in apprentice your fired .

Let's hope thst transfer list is huge hopefully they all agree they haven't delivered say I'll find another club and <ovf censored> off 

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I think we probably sell one of Garrity or Chislett - I would guess Chislett, as he’s better technically, is a bit younger, and perhaps will want to move back South where’s he’s spent most of his career. Charlton wouldn’t surprise me, considering his performances against them. I honestly think we’ll hold onto Garrity. 

Next season could look like:

Ripley

Clark New Smith New

Ojo New

Plant New Shorrock

New

Crikey that team be relegated again too weak .

Who's this New see he can play 5 positions

Let's have a new team get rid of serial.losers .

We can accept one defeat in 7 /8 in league 2  but not every game .

Smith won't be on a lot thats why he keeps signing cause no one else will have him .

Pay at least him off I've seen enough ,I've heard enough and I don't want see any more of him .

As they say in apprentice your fired .

Let's hope thst transfer list is huge hopefully they all agree they haven't delivered say I'll find another club and <ovf censored> off