onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

Advert

2 hours ago, Rodge said:

Ben Lomax and Jack Shorrock both played in our biggest win of the season yet Ben hasn’t had a look in under DM.

As wingback yes fair enough. But we can't change much at the centre 

11 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Who else can we play at the back?

Lopaco ojo lomax Shorrock obviously not in that order but at least you have pace then .

There's 4 .

It's same old there's no real process of changing anything ,the amount of goals conceded where player gets in crosses and the opposition tap in is unbelievable good players read the game if that was massey getting in and crossing the opposition snuff it out ,but how many times say when right sided  wing backs being caught out of position have you seen the likes of Smith get it away very rare I tell thee .

There's no great desire to keep the ball out of our net .

People are so blinded by players ,I'm not I see that there's no great commitment about them how often have I come out of Vale home  game last say 5 or 6 years and gone wow did you say that defending to keep the ball out of Vale net  the 3 in a row last ditch get the ball away from our goal do or die challenges to make sure Vale win .

No you cannot kid me it's a rarity .

Surely you try different personnel till you find the right mixture of pace ,die for the cause in terms of blocking shots defenders .

11 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Who else can we play at the back?

7 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Lopaco ojo lomax Shorrock obviously not in that order but at least you have pace then .

There's 4 .

It's same old there's no real process of changing anything ,the amount of goals conceded where player gets in crosses and the opposition tap in is unbelievable good players read the game if that was massey getting in and crossing the opposition snuff it out ,but how many times say when right sided  wing backs being caught out of position have you seen the likes of Smith get it away very rare I tell thee .

There's no great desire to keep the ball out of our net .

People are so blinded by players ,I'm not I see that there's no great commitment about them how often have I come out of Vale home  game last say 5 or 6 years and gone wow did you say that defending to keep the ball out of Vale net  the 3 in a row last ditch get the ball away from our goal do or die challenges to make sure Vale win .

No you cannot kid me it's a rarity .

Surely you try different personnel till you find the right mixture of pace ,die for the cause in terms of blocking shots defenders .

Lopaco injure. You want ojo of all people to play out of position in defence?

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Lopaco injure. You want ojo of all people to play out of position in defence?

Yes if he can do the job at least we should move from back to front quicker .

His Lopaco injured how do you know ?

It doesn't matter now it seems like a lot of support have accepted our fate so if going go down go down by scoring goals and experimenting .

I like ojo at the back more so than midfield has he can see the whole picture 

I liked the lad who used spray the great balls went to Tranmere Walker was it .

It allows Plant to play his preferred position and gives Walters chance earn his stripes if he wants a deal he deserves .

Anyway it's gone Exeter beat us nothing changes that so all irrelevant anyway .

28 minutes ago, Dipepa delight said:

Yes if he can do the job at least we should move from back to front quicker .

His Lopaco injured how do you know ?

It doesn't matter now it seems like a lot of support have accepted our fate so if going go down go down by scoring goals and experimenting .

I like ojo at the back more so than midfield has he can see the whole picture 

I liked the lad who used spray the great balls went to Tranmere Walker was it .

It allows Plant to play his preferred position and gives Walters chance earn his stripes if he wants a deal he deserves .

Anyway it's gone Exeter beat us nothing changes that so all irrelevant anyway .

Who in midfield for ojo? Sang maybe

9 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Not sure why some want Sang in the middle? He ain’t very good on the wing but his strongest point is crossing. I can’t see Sang being any better in the middle and I wouldn’t have him above Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Walters or even Plant.

12 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Again  I ask are you running the club i.e Carols Son or are you the C E O Matt Hancock as you seem to know so much about how the club works . P S  I am not Mad just a vale fan of 60+ years. 

On 13/04/2024 at 18:19, Vtid said:

You start by replacing Uche with like for like so loft not weir. Why on earth was he even playing weir up front he’s a midfielder & a poor one too. When they made their subs & started to boss the game we all knew a goal was coming. That is where a good manager earns his coin & reacts to it. So yes that is down tactics & in game management it’s not the first time he’s done it this is becoming a regular occurrence. Take nothing away from the players tho they lost their fight & as you said needed to show more character but they simply don’t have it in them 

Loft was carrying an injury but I think you make my point about the inadequacy of our squad when you suggest that loft would have made a difference. DM doesn't have anyone to bring on who would make a difference, be honest. I don't know if he will work out or not but I think we need to give him a fair shake before we blame him for not turning AC's unfit, weak minded, bunch of crap into decent players.

On 16/04/2024 at 08:53, philpvfc said:

Not sure why some want Sang in the middle? He ain’t very good on the wing but his strongest point is crossing. I can’t see Sang being any better in the middle and I wouldn’t have him above Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Walters or even Plant.

Well he is a midfielder and has played there most his career 

• Thanks 1

On 16/04/2024 at 11:43, rsb said:

Again  I ask are you running the club i.e Carols Son or are you the C E O Matt Hancock as you seem to know so much about how the club works . P S  I am not Mad just a vale fan of 60+ years. 

Someone said they wanted ojo at the back. So I asked who they would play in the midfield. I though Sang considering he has played there most his career. We played him there at the start of the season and he played well.

Edited by PVFC FAN

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

Someone said they wanted ojo at the back. So I asked who they would play in the midfield. I though Sang considering he has played there most his career.

still not answered my question are you running the club or are you ceo matt hancock yes or no 

1 minute ago, rsb said:

But not fore any of the managers at vale this season 

Well considering we have depth of good midfielders and basically no wingbacks. I'm guessing Sang is the only good option. Would have thought Jack shorrock or lomax could play wingbacks but I'm guessing because of there age and physical ability Sang is thought to be best there.