onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Captain?

mitchpvfc

Why does he deserve it? The captain isn't the best player? Its the best organiser and communicator! The link between the team and the ref, and very often the manager. I think it should be McCombe!

That last sentence made me smile. Isn't McComber one of the quietest players in the squad?

Advert

Does whoever wears the arm band make a difference in football? If those players we talk about are on the pitch they can influence others regardless. It's not like cricket where they make game changing decisions. Whoever gets it won't make or break our season.

Very true that m8 11 leaders vocally .

I'd go for Pope as captain he could do a stirring pre match what's expected of u speech.

U heard it here first we will reach the 3rd round of the cup and draw Stoke at home and subsequently beat them 1-0 with Pope getting the winner :):):):):),gooaaarrrrnnnnnnnm.

Beating sjoke would be sooooo good and shut my brother up.

Think the captain's armband will go to Artell, as he has had experience and knows what it takes to get us promoted.

All the players should play for each other, so the captain does not need to be vocal and gee them up.

Looling forward to the season now with all the squad we are putting together. Again thank you Keith for giving Micky the chance to do this.

You never let us down!

To be honest, most of what we need from a captain we probably don't get to see. Someone who the players respect, look up to and can build an 'in this together' team ethos. And someone who can pick people up when we take a knock. It needs to be a regular, hence why its difficult to say who (especially out of the defenders). Mccombe, owen, artell, and loft must be favourites. Though many are saying loft because of how he has played last season. For all I know he may keep himself to himself in the build up to matches. But as has already been said, we need as many leaders as possible on the pitch.

You agreeing with Alsager now then regs? Have you been on the grownups medicean again. Hahaha

Owen will be cheerleader![

I doubt it, plus you don't agree with forwards as captain, like shearer, Ferdinand, Kevin Davies, Rooney , but hey ho

I don't see Owen playing much of a part as injuries seem to have taken their toll and when he did play last season his distribution was awful.

The examples you have given to suggest forwards make good captains says it all really - hardly in the same league as Keane, Bruce, Adams, Robson, Moore, Gerrard, Terry and the list goes on and on.

When RICO was chosen as captain it was probably because he was the only player guaranteed a starting role and I'd suggest it was the same with Shearer.

Archived