onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I do think the comment is too far off the mark personally

Saved our club, great. I do think someone else would have come in for us if need be. 

10m, yes, in loans from synetics. 

Community clubs, when push comes to shove, who cares? We are a football club. The aim is to win football games, to honest everything else isn’t particularly relevant. Let’s concentrate on getting the product on the pitch correct and then look at off the field issues. 

On your last paragraph. I’m sorry but I 100% fail to see how Carol is a brilliant owner. We have either not spent in league 1 because we don’t have the budget. Or she has blindly backed David Flitcroft. Either way her mentioning she thinks we will survive because on of the coaches wives says so, appointing her son to CEO or that abomination of letter convince me she isn’t a brilliant owner at all. 

My view is that she’s a decent owner who has the club genuinely at heart and has been mislead by people she trusted. I don’t not agree with her son being CEO and I did not like her letter. I do think she is right to take us forwards and very happy she has finally (a year too late) seen sense. But I cannot agree that in any way shape or form, Carol is a brilliant owner. 

Where were all the other people queuing to buy the club? I can't remember any.

5m in loans from synectics, the other 5m was to buy the team in the first place.

Community club? Lots of people care, like all the people that the club helps, believe it or not some things are bigger than football. Like not starving to death for example.

No time will ever be the right time to spend money off the field in your opinion.

Matt Hancock is the CEO. He's not her son 🤣🙈

• Like 4

Advert

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t agree. Yes I think she has the interests of the club. But there’s no way you can say she is without blame for this season. It’s been a <ovf censored> disgrace. Publicly backing DF, the letter saying fans are wrong these aren’t signs of the ideal custodian. 

You are conflating multiple things.

I would not say that she is either without blame (although using the word blame in itself is revealing), nor immune from criticism. Mistakes have been made. Bad decisions look likely to cost us our League 1 place. That is obviously hugely disappointing. But in context, we are still light years ahead of where we were 4 years ago.

No-one wants to be in League 2. The next DoF appointment is key. We have to try and get back up at the first try, which will be challenging.

But thinking that having a local, successful businessperson who is also a proper fan is NOT the ideal custodian, is genuinely a crazy perspective. So what if she makes bad decisions sometimes? She's not likely to be perfect. If she can explain them, or front up, or apologise, then that's more than most would do anyway. How many owners of clubs are actually 'good' owners?

Our natural ceiling is halfway up League 1. Anything higher is great, but it's overachievement. When she talked about it, she was laughed out of the room. Then she referenced little Port Vale, and got pelters. So she can't win really.

I'm not happy with where we are. But we should be happy with the ownership, despite the shemozzle of the season.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, The_godfather said:

You are conflating multiple things.

I would not say that she is either without blame (although using the word blame in itself is revealing), nor immune from criticism. Mistakes have been made. Bad decisions look likely to cost us our League 1 place. That is obviously hugely disappointing. But in context, we are still light years ahead of where we were 4 years ago.

No-one wants to be in League 2. The next DoF appointment is key. We have to try and get back up at the first try, which will be challenging.

But thinking that having a local, successful businessperson who is also a proper fan is NOT the ideal custodian, is genuinely a crazy perspective. So what if she makes bad decisions sometimes? She's not likely to be perfect. If she can explain them, or front up, or apologise, then that's more than most would do anyway. How many owners of clubs are actually 'good' owners?

Our natural ceiling is halfway up League 1. Anything higher is great, but it's overachievement. When she talked about it, she was laughed out of the room. Then she referenced little Port Vale, and got pelters. So she can't win really.

I'm not happy with where we are. But we should be happy with the ownership, despite the shemozzle of the season.

We don't need a director of football,we just need to let the manager do his own thing, he will live by the sword if he messes it up ... UTV VTID 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well done to Carol. I imagine this was tough for her to do but the right thing. Can't see us staying up now but hopefully we can be better with recruitment from now on. Next decision is do we/Moore need a DOF? I hope people will now get off her back with this decision. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hope his recruitment team is following him out the door.

Bet Andy Crosby's having a wee tipple tonight. 

Andy Crosby will be having wee tipple all season because a) he should never have got the job in the first place b) he should have been sacked way earlier than he did

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Absolutely massive credit to Bede, Mellor, Mark, Tony, Jean, NLV lads, and anyone I missed off.

They braved it and talked Carol into viewing things very differently. 

Got a load of undeserved stick from people who didn’t have a clue.

Once again, these lads and ladies sacrifice time and effort for PVFC. Raising a glass to them.

Port Vale's very own Ultra's.

Well done boys.  Great work

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TonyD said:

Whilst your words are very much appreciated, we have to acknowledge the role played by Matt Hancock.  It's fair to say that he has had the brunt of alot of our frustration during the time he has engaged us and he has been absolutely instrumental in getting our voices heard at the very heart of the club.   Without his patience and determination to listen to fans, I do not believe we would have had our chance to communicate the depth of feeling directly to Carol and Paddy.

Now we just need to win a couple of games...  UTV.

Great to see that since you stop playing for the club, you are still a supporter of the club Mr Dinning

• Haha 1