onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

13 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Not sure if people have watched the pre-match interview, but they really should. It's genuinely one of the best I've ever heard as a Vale fan. I've pinched this off Bagger's blog which is an extract from it. If this doesn't get everyone up for Saturday, I don't know what will. Saturday is do or die in my opinion. We need everyone, fans and players on it from minute one. No one leave anything out there.

“When this place is in full voice, it is a fantastic stadium to be in. Vale fans, you have been magnificent since I have arrived. I thank them all personally for the reception they gave me and the support they are giving me now.

“This is a personal message to all of them. Please come and help us, we need you. Do it more than anything for the badge. You have supported this football club through years, through generations of your families.

“This badge you see me now touching – do it for the badge. The club needs you. You have been there through thick and thin for this football club and, no doubt whatever happens on Saturday, you will come here again and be in full voice. You are a credit.

“One thing I have said to the players is the one consistent is that Vale fans will turn up, it is their club and they are passionate. They will show that.

“What we have to do is match on the pitch that energy in the stadium. Saturday gives us that opportunity.

“If there is a fan sitting next to you and they are quiet, man or woman, boy or girl, give them a little nudge and get them to be in full voice. That would be greatly appreciated.”

I actually think it was a fantastic rousing press conference and i will state now you wouldn't have got that with Crosby....lets do this all as one

• Like 5

Advert

For those that don’t know or haven’t had time to listen yet last nights Radio Stoke Sport at Six was superb. Really good round table discussion with messers Sproson, Yates and Legge reflecting on the state of the squad and recruitment.

Phil also mentioned he still has on the table a request to interview DoF to which he’s had no reply..

1 hour ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Bloody Hell, Lads!

What are you doing to me? I've watched every game and slowly slipped into the Trough of Despond, especially after last Saturday's abject surrender. Then, reading all the posts on here this week, I had waved the white flag and genuinely built myself up to, "Meh, not really bothered....we're down. Just watch each game as it comes and DON'T get so het up!"

NOW, after reading this thread, I'm starting to get up for Saturday. I've sniffed some optimism in the air. i'm believing we can win and it will kick start a mini revival which will see us safe. I can't believe I've just written that

If even the diehard Grumpies are sensing something, how can I resist?

Come on Vale, let's be havin yer tomorrow!

2-0 Vale! (Followed by immediate disillusionment/disappointment at 5.00pm...)

Positive vibes only🧘🧘🧘

• Like 2

Just heard the gaffers press conference. Loved it! A win would be massive tomorrow for obvious reasons but I’d genuinely be buzzing more than anything for Big Dave to get his first win! Come on Vale 💙

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, MBE said:

Positive vibes only🧘🧘🧘

To be fair, MBE, I've had them since my first game in 1964! It's just that I've had em drained out of me this year, mainly from coming on here! (As well as watching what we've been served up, obviously!)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MBE said:

For those that don’t know or haven’t had time to listen yet last nights Radio Stoke Sport at Six was superb. Really good round table discussion with messers Sproson, Yates and Legge reflecting on the state of the squad and recruitment.

Phil also mentioned he still has on the table a request to interview DoF to which he’s had no reply..

Do you know if their is a link to Radio Sport at Six last at all please?

Ripley

Jones     Łopata    Jesse    Clarke

Sang        Ojo

Chizzy       Garrity       Mighten

Wilson

Edited by Mellor!
Forgot about the big Pole!

5 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Ripley

Jones      Smith    Jesse    Clarke

Sang        Ojo

Wilson

I do like that Mellor me owd fruit but i might put Lopata in there i think

For those who have slated DF's press conferences since he has been here please listen to the latest one,you can see how he fired sheff wed up in that play off semi final,tbh i would run through a brick wall for the Vale tomorrow after hearing it.

Come on big D lets all do this

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

For those who have slated DF's press conferences since he has been here please listen to the latest one,you can see how he fired sheff wed up in that play off semi final,tbh i would run through a brick wall for the Vale tomorrow after hearing it.

Come on big D lets all do this

DM you mean mate 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

Ripley

Jones     Łopata    Jesse    Clarke

Sang        Ojo

Wilson

Like it fella but jones is left back and Mitch right ? 

• Haha 1