onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

The crowd was up for it, I’m sure the players had been told ‘now or never’ and all that. But then the first few minutes was deflating. From there an average L1 side just had to keep their shape and pass the ball back and forth with no real threat. Let’s not forget they had no shots on target that I saw. In a different world I really think we would have matched them and ground out 3 points. Despite our mistakes and clear drawbacks, they didn’t have to do anything. Whether they could have done more, we will never know. These things happen when everything is going against us.

Advert

1 minute ago, 1 said:

The crowd was up for it, I’m sure the players had been told ‘now or never’ and all that. But then the first few minutes was deflating. From there an average L1 side just had to keep their shape and pass the ball back and forth with no real threat. Let’s not forget they had no shots on target that I saw. In a different world I really think we would have matched them and ground out 3 points. Despite our mistakes and clear drawbacks, they didn’t have to do anything. Whether they could have done more, we will never know. These things happen when everything is going against us.

True, we couldn’t have asked for a worse start could we. Unforgivable mistake after 90secs was enough to see the game chalked off. I do feel if that never happens we get something from that game. Deflation it was unfortunately pretty much from the get go 👍🏻 

12 hours ago, Vtid said:

I’ve felt that after every post match interview. I wanted Darren Moore & I know it’s only 3 games but his selections, bizarre subs & interviews are a real concern already. Why isn’t he fuming like everyone else I saw more anger in Croz & he was apparently a nice guy. 

Maybe privately(behind closed doors) he is fuming mate,by all accounts as you say he is one of the nicest in football,so i assume he wont come out and publicly throw players under the bus.

I am strongly backing Moore,imo he was the best out there with Duff and we got him,i certainly wont judge him for a while yet when he has to work with the same <ovf censored> players and none are his,it strongly looks like we are down and hopefully he stays and is allowed to build his own team and as long as he is backed in the market then i am confident he can lead us back up,he has got to rebuild his managerial reputation.

Lets not forget it took DC several games to get a win when the team wasn't his and then at the time we were heading for the National League....... as for DM's subs i do agree they have baffled me a bit BUT look at the bench,there haven't really been game changers on there(apart from when Mighten was there) and we dont know the reason players are subbed,it could be fitness or knocks and as for Lopata(the best CB we have imo) and Mighten yesterday my guess would be they have knocks or surely they would have been out there........so vtid all i am saying is dont give up on DM

12 hours ago, gags 64 said:

I thought Taylor was on a wind up all afternoon. Then from the moment he was subbed he was intent on provoking the crowd all the way back around to their dugout. I did see that someone lobbed a bottle at him behind the goal. He's got enough to worry about with that haircut of his, very Mick Hucknall. Having said that I wished he was up front for us instead of our wasters

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

He is on loan from Luton and scored a fair few when on loan at Colchester earlier in the season,he is certainly one i wouldn't mind up front for us despite him being a bit of a knob

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Maybe privately(behind closed doors) he is fuming mate,by all accounts as you say he is one of the nicest in football,so i assume he wont come out and publicly throw players under the bus.

I am strongly backing Moore,imo he was the best out there with Duff and we got him,i certainly wont judge him for a while yet when he has to work with the same <ovf censored> players and none are his,it strongly looks like we are down and hopefully he stays and is allowed to build his own team and as long as he is backed in the market then i am confident he can lead us back up,he has got to rebuild his managerial reputation.

Lets not forget it took DC several games to get a win when the team wasn't his and then at the time we were heading for the National League....... as for DM's subs i do agree they have baffled me a bit BUT look at the bench,there haven't really been game changers on there(apart from when Mighten was there) and we dont know the reason players are subbed,it could be fitness or knocks and as for Lopata(the best CB we have imo) and Mighten yesterday my guess would be they have knocks or surely they would have been out there........so vtid all i am saying is dont give up on DM

You make some good points to be fair mate I’m not giving up on him I just have a few concerns from these few games he’s been here. But it is only a few games so I suppose patience is the key 👍🏻 I agree there wasn’t any other better candidates for the vacancy & he is the man I wanted. I just hope it’s a case of him getting a feel for the squad etc as in reality it is going to take time albeit we don’t have a lot of time unfortunately. A reaction & more importantly a win is needed asap. UTV

18 minutes ago, 1 said:

The irony in all this is they did have one good header on target and Ripley made a great save after a corner. But it was he that needed to make another great save because he gave the ball away to their striker that led to the corner. In management speak that's called accepting too much risk or being inefficient. But in football it's called being stupid. 

12 hours ago, Vtid said:

Micky Adams would be telling them & the media exactly how he felt & so would Darrell Clarke. It’s getting pathetic now these excuses game after game. Lack of concentration, individual mistakes blah blah blah. Without them we don’t look like scoring.

Adam Yates said the same BUT he then followed up with the fact that managers are no longer like that with players football has changed,there are very few Micky Adams,Sam Allardyce etc managers out there now

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He is on loan from Luton and scored a fair few when on loan at Colchester earlier in the season,he is certainly one i wouldn't mind up front for us despite him being a bit of a knob

I can't see why he wasn't booked. And if he continues staring at the crowd like he did when he was subbed and walking round the ground, he'll provoke someone into doing something. He was given a free shot into an empty net,it's not like he was fantastic and scored a hat trick.

12 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Your so negative its unbelievable. He needs to be as positive as possible for his team to succeed. 

I dont think he is being negative,like most of us he is very frustrated and angry right now at the whole situation so for me he is not being negative just a realist 

We do though have to give DM more time and the chance to build his own team without interference from the DOF

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Adam Yates said the same BUT he then followed up with the fact that managers are no longer like that with players football has changed,there are very few Micky Adams,Sam Allardyce etc managers out there now

People are individuals. There is a confidence issue in the team and he's trying to manage it. In my view a win on Tuesday would help enormously. They are not a terrible team. At worst they are a good L2 side trying to play at L1. So there is material to work with and especially with players coming back. 

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

How do you know?

I don’t but but seen a couple of threads  last week or two saying she should sell up 🤦‍♂️we all know mistakes have been made but who would seriously buy the club off her and Kevin 😳,be careful what you wish for 

12 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Some of them needs to hear some home truths. I’m not even talking about the likes of loft or Massey. Players like Chislett, Ojo, smith (our better pros) need to be told that they need to turn up. Players like Chislett and Ojo are good enough but aren’t showing it.  

Tuesday plant has to come into the side.I don’t rate Yak but he shows a bit of fight and has to come into the side. If Mighten is fit he has to start. 

I think if we are playing a back 4 then for me the best 2 CB's are Lopata and Debrah but as you say maybe Yak with Lopata could be ok,also i would prefer Shorrock at LB as we have nothing to lose right now

11 hours ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Why do we need a new DoF. We managed okay for 145 years without one

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

I think it's because it seems thats the route we are taking but Carol wont be getting rid when she calls him Flickers

On the way back yesterday I heard Adam Yates suggest that if Vale want to continue the structure they have then maybe they should give Matt Hancock more of a role and responsibility as CEO and then just appoint an head of recruitment who can work with the manager instead of a DOF

Nothing say anymore the wife says they have given up I think she's right I saw nothing yesterday to suggest any other .

It's happening since Jan 2023 how can you finish season like last and give contracts out to players who constantly look like they hate playing for us and it really shows it really does. 

Port Vale leave the big boys play football and we go back to the little league that's what she the wife .

That's the mentality the players have you can see it a mile off .

I'm utterly ashamed of what we have become .

I'm not going point finger at Carol what can she do apart from have a meeting with each player and tell them exactly what she thinks of there efforts honestly a 7-0 defeat deserves get us relegation alone there's no coming back from that although we rallied and had a game go top then we concede 3  goals you be ashamed give away on a Sunday the third sunming up Ojo and Smith .

What Moore can do is transfer list or remove serial offenders of  the clubs downfall give  Garrity the armband remove Smith and Ojo from Club altogether by paying them off or showing them the door .

That's what I'd do I'd do it today you not bigger than the club your <ovf censored> all .

Archived