onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lincoln City (H) match thread - 24th Feb

robf

Advert

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

Mighten’s the key for me. Only player who the a bit of pace and direct running in the squad.

Absolutely. We looked 10 times more dangerous at Reading with him playing than we did today. 

Is it true he's injured?

2 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Carol sounds a broken woman to me 

She is totally deluded and in denial 

Can't believe what I'm watching  ffs

Carol , Please sell up asap   🙄🤨

And who do you think is waiting in the wings to throw away tens of millions? Won’t matter anyway, as you will just peddle your own silly agenda of calling for everyone to be sacked. 

I think some Vale fans calling for Carol to sell up should start listening to the Price of Football podcast - you quickly realise what a perilous financial state English football is in and to be careful what you wish for. 

When I've posted the form tables stuff in recent days, that was on the basis that our bad run started on matchday 8, Burton at home, as that was the start of the 11 game winless run.

It was our match day 8. But it wasn't the league's matchday 8, there must have been a Tuesday night set of games that we didn't play, because of league cup progress I suppose.

So in reality, we're worse off than I thought, as the form tables I've been using actually turn out to be calculating our match day 8 as that Northampton game.

Since that 1-0 win against Northampton on Sep 16th we've only picked up 15 points and scored 22 goals. Something like 2.8 points a month.

zVJoUEh.png

We are the Joint 141st/144 worst performing club in the pyramid, tied with Dover Athletic. And Carlisle picked up 3 of those points in the table above against us, btw.

However, saying all that, calculating it from matchday 9 and with today's results for every league means we're only the joint 140th worst scorers, so every cloud 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉

It’s all bluff and bluster with Flitcroft. “Relegation isn’t in my vocabulary”, “we’re scouting Scandinavian markets”. They’re great sound bites but you dive into the nitty-gritty and it all amounts to nothing.

He’s currently taking credit for getting Premier League loan players in, something every football league side has been doing for years and continues to do, and his ‘youth development.’

As far as I can see Premier League football is weighted in favour of youth investment. If you unearth a decent player it’s pure profit for the FFP/PSL nonsense. Tommy McDermott to Burnley is a prime example; presumably a very modest fee and with obvious potential to sell on for profit.

This guy isn’t a footballing messiah. 

2 minutes ago, Blaster The Master said:

It’s all bluff and bluster with Flitcroft. “Relegation isn’t in my vocabulary”, “we’re scouting Scandinavian markets”. They’re great sound bites but you dive into the nitty-gritty and it all amounts to nothing.

He’s currently taking credit for getting Premier League loan players in, something every football league side has been doing for years and continues to do, and his ‘youth development.’

As far as I can see Premier League football is weighted in favour of youth investment. If you unearth a decent player it’s pure profit for the FFP/PSL nonsense. Tommy McDermott to Burnley is a prime example; presumably a very modest fee and with obvious potential to sell on for profit.

The guy is a conman, end of.

1 minute ago, Blaster The Master said:

It’s great to have premier league youngsters if they are any good but there is always the risk of them being recalled and whatever Flitcroft thinks about premier league clubs liking the set up at Vale you have to be aware that the same premier league clubs don’t care one bit whether Vale get relegated or not- all they want is for experience for their youngsters 

3 minutes ago, Granville said:

Calf injury according to Moore in his Radio Stoke interview 

For the bunch of donkeys we have it’s amazing how many injured calves we get 🐄- doesn’t seem logical 😄

1 minute ago, osprey said:

It’s great to have premier league youngsters if they are any good but there is always the risk of them being recalled and whatever Flitcroft thinks about premier league clubs liking the set up at Vale you have to be aware that the same premier league clubs don’t care one bit whether Vale get relegated or not- all they want is for experience for their youngsters 

Agree. It’s great when you get 2 or 3 gems and that was clearly the case in the summer, but I can’t see how you can base a transfer window on the loan signings you bring in.

You’re going to get a bad bunch at some stage, or those who will need more time to develop. That’s not me digging out the lads brought in January as I think they’re good players, but it’s clearly easier to show your ability in a team that’s playing good football and performing well in the league as opposed to one that is fighting relegation.

Archived