onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

16 minutes ago, valiant steve said:

Open message for you Carol.

I don't trust the process! The "Championship-ready" statement about our infrastructure, backroom team and community initiatives, Robbie Williams Suite, new scoreboard, new training facilites and offices... it's all pointless if the First Team is <ovf censored> and never wins football matches. 

The last two January transfer windows have been shambolic. You haven't learned the lesson from January 2023 that nearly cost us our L1 status. January 2024 was actually even worse that 2023, and this squad of players lacks the strength, courage, leadership, character, fight, determination, passion (all the things that you can't see on a laptop screen of statistics about players when recruiting) 

You've asked us not to protest at matches and to keep our feelings to ourselves when we can see a major issue with the internal structure of our football club and the flaws in our recruitment process, so I'll be protesting with my wallet and keeping it shut come May when it's time to renew our three season tickets. 

I'm absolutely fuming! Every single team that we've played this season has better players than us. How can we possibly compete at L1 level when we've only got three players who are genuinely of the required standard? 

I hope the players hurt as much as us supporters, but sadly doubt that they do! 

If DM can keep this shower up, I'll be truly impressed! 

It's been two days and one match, jeese ! What chance when fickle fans like this.

Advert

6 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

This abuse MUST stop.

Abuse.  So you think the recruitment process has been brilliant over the past 2 seasons.  We have got worse each window since DF become DoF (now managed to get himself full time) and then staff left or pushed out (depending on who you listen to) who had experience who had been advising Carol at the beginning of her reign.  A manager with a poor run was allowed to stay longer than any other club would done.  Brought in a manager after the transfer window closed so could not change anything in the transfer window and now has to rely on free agents and try and get them match fit as quick as possible.  

We have brought in more players that have not added to the team.  The better players have been loanees and they went back to their own clubs to gain higher up experience.  We then we resigned a striker we had released as no other striker was coming in.  Loft is not a 1 up front striker and being told to play by himself.  

Darren Moore has a huge job to get this lot turned around and our Div 1 status secure.  Carol said all the stuff on the football pitch is down to the DoF.  

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

Well in one way I'm.glad he as seen us at our scintillating best (Moore)

Bet he is  rubbing his hands at what he as taken on .

If that's new manager bounce performance then we have no hope .

At 1 -0 up you keep on the front foot you get a second and play the game in there half 

Moore what did you do ,and your on field captain do to stop them having control of the game at 1 -1 .

Nothing I tell you .

That's a bad a performance as Fleetwood away after 30 mins for me 

Too many players hiding in fact I'd say there was very few who come out of that game with credit .

He's had one game in charge. Some vale fans just have no patience.

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Once again vtid a very silly comment. you change your opinion on df from one good apointment and one loss with the new manager it just show how easily you and some vale fans change there mind. It's a great appointment from df and he won't have a massive impact in the first game. We have to wait and see what happens. I'm fully behind dm and df. Vtid I suggest you listen to the portvale podcast.

Which is exactly why DF should be a facilities  manager and keep his pie-fingers out of the football team. Stick to toilets, training facilities and the like. Then go to Greggs. Keep the team the managers choice

Just now, PVFC764 said:

Abuse.  So you think the recruitment process has been brilliant over the past 2 seasons.  We have got worse each window since DF become DoF (now managed to get himself full time) and then staff left or pushed out (depending on who you listen to) who had experience who had been advising Carol at the beginning of her reign.  A manager with a poor run was allowed to stay longer than any other club would done.  Brought in a manager after the transfer window closed so could not change anything in the transfer window and now has to rely on free agents and try and get them match fit as quick as possible.  

We have brought in more players that have not added to the team.  The better players have been loanees and they went back to their own clubs to gain higher up experience.  We then we resigned a striker we had released as no other striker was coming in.  Loft is not a 1 up front striker and being told to play by himself.  

Darren Moore has a huge job to get this lot turned around and our Div 1 status secure.  Carol said all the stuff on the football pitch is down to the DoF.  

I'm pretty sure dof helped us get promoted. I suggest you listen to the portvale podcast. You can here what flickers has to say himself. I'm fully behind dm and df.

Utv

3 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Well in one way I'm.glad he as seen us at our scintillating best (Moore)

Bet he is  rubbing his hands at what he as taken on .

If that's new manager bounce performance then we have no hope .

At 1 -0 up you keep on the front foot you get a second and play the game in there half 

Moore what did you do ,and your on field captain do to stop them having control of the game at 1 -1 .

Nothing I tell you .

That's a bad a performance as Fleetwood away after 30 mins for me 

Too many players hiding in fact I'd say there was very few who come out of that game with credit .

Mate I'm as angry as you. But let me tell you that Smith was not the worst defender today. 

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Ahhh, no one is getting my joke!

I’m quoting Carol’s silly letter.

4 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

He's had one game in charge. Some vale fans just have no patience.

Patience outplayed outrun and losing to Cheltenham. 

How many more managers do these loser players have to go through .

I'm sick of seeing them lose.

Win that's the whole point of football 

At least play like you want to win 

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

I'm pretty sure dof helped us get promoted. I suggest you listen to the portvale podcast. You can here what flickers has to say himself. I'm fully behind dm and df.

Utv

Hello David.

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

Utv

I will be behind DM.  Flickers - all other clubs around us managed to sign better players but we didn't.  He is responsible for everything that goes on the pitch and just talks a good game, but not delivering it.

Just now, Jim Gammon said:

Which is exactly why DF should be a facilities  manager and keep his pie-fingers out of the football team. Stick to toilets, training facilities and the like. Then go to Greggs. Keep the team the managers choice

1. Go listen to df in pv podcast

2. So you want us to do what we have been doing for 20 years and only invest in the first team and have an OK run. And then get relegated because are facilities and everything off the pitch is <ovf censored> and not generating any money or young talent etc

Archived