onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough (A) match thread - 10th March

robf

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

We just aren’t good enough. It baffles me how people can be optimistic about the possibility of winning two (or three) home games.  

Because the games are 'at home', and at home, we should be a bit more forward and have chances to win the game. 

But I would agree, not enough quality in this team to stay up, which is why Moore is trying to be pragmatic and drag us there. 

Still, it's possible if we get a couple of results and other games go our way, but that is asking a lot

Advert

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Last night's line up goals this season. Including Cup.

Plant 0, Lowe 0, Smith 2, Iacovitti 1, Grant 0, Garrity 11 , Walters 0, Ojo 4  Massey 2  Loft 2  .

Says it all really mate 

The proofs in the pudding 

Only Garrity can take any credit 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Powerline said:

I’m also genuinely astounded people clapped the players at the end. I didn’t boo, just walked out. Please can someone who clapped explain it. We’d just watched an absolutely gutless, cowardly and frankly <ovf censored> display of football.

Perhaps some fans have become immune to mediocre football and performances 😬

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NW9Valiant said:

Because the games are 'at home', and at home, we should be a bit more forward and have chances to win the game. 

But I would agree, not enough quality in this team to stay up, which is why Moore is trying to be pragmatic and drag us there. 

Still, it's possible if we get a couple of results and other games go our way, but that is asking a lot

Tougher games than some are suggesting. Especially with Exeter and Wycombe. I’d snap your hand off for 4 points from the next two. We will lose at Bolton and then it’s down to the final day in a game we have a decent chance in. If we are to have any hope, Moore needs to start with our better players. I know Chislett hasn’t been great since the turn of the year, but he’s still one of, if not our most creative player and has to start. For me, Uche has to start. He can cause havoc. Loft, Massey, Walters and Lowe cannot start another game if we have any interest in staying up. 

• Like 5

I also clapped the players at the end and I am quite astounded at the mentality of some of our fans.

I didn't clap because they were good, they weren't.  I didn't clap because I was happy, I wasn't. 

I clapped because they are all we have and we need them on Saturday and giving them a round of verbals at this stage is staggeringly backwards.   

We still have a really good shot at staying in the league, we have just had 3 away games on the bounce and we are only in the relegation zone on goal difference.  At the start of March I said if we are still in the hunt going into the last 4 games we have a great chance...  

If you want to boo them and tell them they are <ovf censored>, then please stay away for now because that ship sailed long ago.

We have to back them unconditionally until we know our fate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Let's go through that 11 tonight

I'll discount Ripley, Smith and Garrity as they are the only players I would start with each week

Lowe - not league 1 standard
Iacovetti - likewise
Grant - career over
Walters - non league
Massey - nothing player
Plant - not a defender
Ojo - has given up
Loft - National league at best

Subs
Chissy - not league 1 standard
Dipepa - not ready yet
Uche - immobile
Shorrock - not ready yet

What a depressing line up, seriously would struggle in league 2

Although no world beaters Debrah or Lopata have got to start before Lowe in a back 3

Terrible loans in January, Gore, Mighten, Weir, Williams. Why did we bother with any of these

It's all a bit depressing

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Fraudcrofts thrown our club under the bus 

With his piss poor recruitment, imo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonyD said:

I also clapped the players at the end and I am quite astounded at the mentality of some of our fans.

I didn't clap because they were good, they weren't.  I didn't clap because I was happy, I wasn't. 

I clapped because they are all we have and we need them on Saturday and giving them a round of verbals at this stage is staggeringly backwards.   

We still have a really good shot at staying in the league, we have just had 3 away games on the bounce and we are only in the relegation zone on goal difference.  At the start of March I said if we are still in the hunt going into the last 4 games we have a great chance...  

If you want to boo them and tell them they are <ovf censored>, then please stay away for now because that ship sailed long ago.

We have to back them unconditionally until we know our fate.

I refuse to clap mediocrity 

I would rather get up off my seat

and walk out the ground , job done 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Tougher games than some are suggesting. Especially with Exeter and Wycombe. I’d snap your hand off for 4 points from the next two. We will lose at Bolton and then it’s down to the final day in a game we have a decent chance in. If we are to have any hope, Moore needs to start with our better players. I know Chislett hasn’t been great since the turn of the year, but he’s still one of, if not our most creative player and has to start. For me, Uche has to start. He can cause havoc. Loft, Massey, Walters and Lowe cannot start another game if we have any interest in staying up. 

It’s clear Moore doesn’t fancy Chizzy or they’ve had words. Absolute madness not to be starting him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I refuse to clap mediocrity 

I would rather get up off my seat

and walk out the ground , job done 

That’s fine but now isn’t the time to boo. I’m more critical and negative than anyone but booing will get us nowhere. There is 4 games left. Let’s back them all the way and try our best to ensure we can see league 1 football next season. If we are relegated with more flat performances, they will be plenty of time to vent and boo after the Cambridge match. For now, we have to get behind them as we have been doing

• Like 5

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

<ovf censored> team selection, <ovf censored> substitutions, totally stuffed… great game plan. Have to bear Exeter now or the <ovf censored> team selection and <ovf censored> tactics will be made to look even shitter.

Careful mate you'll be labelled negative like I've been , some people just refuse to grasp reality and what's right in front of their face

Just now, valiant_593 said:

That’s fine but now isn’t the time to boo. I’m more critical and negative than anyone but booing will get us nowhere. There is 4 games left. Let’s back them all the way and try our best to ensure we can see league 1 football next season. If we are relegated with more flat performances, they will be plenty of time to vent and boo after the Cambridge match. For now, we have to get behind them as we have been doing

I didn't say I booed 

I said if I'm not happy with the players performance, I will walk out the ground 

read my post back , mate ,😆👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

It was at times unbelievable how much respect we gave them there centre half's charging up the field playing give and goes .

They only way you beat teams like that is high press I really didn't understand why we kept letting them pass to poku and lad from Barnet all night it truly was a freak goal there first after that it was how many such were how woeful we were 

We must have played at Wembley on Mon and Tues judging by how slow and lethargic we were .

I watched that Fleetwood game it was worse than that and that's saying something .

Loft offered nothing and if he is the first line of defence its no wonder teams get out so easily .

Too many players hid tonight .

I don't care if Peterborough are a good side which they are but if you allow teams play you get what you deserve .

Quite frankly at times second half I thought we would lose 6 or 7

That in itself is a massive disrespect to every paying follower /supporter tonight .

It was embarrassingly bad .

Why did we not play like a team who want to get out of the relegation zone ?

We didn't we played like a team who were told its OK if get relegated and Crawley bring 30 fans

Seemed like it to me 

Do you know what? If he was still here, Devine Intervention would have said the same thing

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1