onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

Some time ago the private box owners were invited to VP and provided with a meal and some drink. They didn’t know the purpose of the request to attend, however later they were asked if they’d donate money to refurbish the RW suite.
During Covid they were also told that they had to pay the full price for their boxes, even though they couldn’t attend. It was not open to negotiation. When asked what they would get they were told they could watch the games on tv, it was pointed out that they could do this for £10 a game on ifollow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

"BEING the “custodian of a community asset” rather than owner is how Carol Shanahan, below, prefers to be known at Port Vale."

The Sentinel, 16th October 2023.

Force her to step aside then, see what we end up with. Regardless of who the manger is or DOF , this season will 90 % end up in relegation. 

that causes me a lot of pain , however I’d rather have the same owners who got us out of that league before and to still see the progress of the club . 

who do you think will buy this football club if she goes ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Not sure what I’m more fed up with , the team , the miss management or the fanbase at the minute 

it’s far from close to good right now , but it’s a hell of a lot better than when we were bottom four of league 2 

feels like the noisy minority of vale fans are generally pretty unhappy people in life. Having a football club to slate just eases some of their demons maybe. 

vale fans posting videos of our own players making mistakes and mocking them on a public forum . Creating posters including the owners In a mocking fashion. 

im surprised Carol hasn’t just thrown the towel in. 

I’m angey  with the team , results , poor management, but embarrassed by the over top reaction or some vale fans , who are looking for deflection from their own personal issues and In some case ‘clout’ from a social media audience. 

another one that is missing the point.

It's not been or never been about Carol. It's been about one man, the Director of Football. A point totally missed also by Carol herself in todays "open" letter in which she's now caused total chaos & uproar when their was no need too.

Missing the point

• Like 8

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Is how long they are Vale fans really relevant?? 
they invested their own money to save Vale from the previous owner for Gods sake 

by your definition anyone who doesn’t support the Vale from birth doesn’t count ! 
good luck with growing the fan base based on that 

They are business people fgs. First and foremost.

Yes they are are local business owners. But how far back does the affinity to Vale go? 

I always thought the Shanahans were lifelong fans whom just happened to have a busness here

That illusion is now shattered. Yes I would be more trusting  of a life long fan (Bill Bell and Bratty) for having the desire to take the Vale forward

At the moment Vale are going back...and no real excuses given Vale are one of the biggest in the division from a fanbase and ground size plus financial veiw. The DOF is failing the club where it matters most...on the pitch. Like it or not, I and others are fast becoming very suspicious

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Force her to step aside then, see what we end up with. Regardless of who the manger is or DOF , this season will 90 % end up in relegation. 

that causes me a lot of pain , however I’d rather have the same owners who got us out of that league before and to still see the progress of the club . 

There would be interest  

PVFC is an attractive proposition

Good loyal fan base 

Championship ready facilities too 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dazzerjames said:

Force her to step aside then

Why? Where's that come from? I've only quoted her own words.

Regardless of who the manger is or DOF , this season will 90 % end up in relegation.

Who's fault is that? How long have warning bells been ringing?

however I’d rather have the same owners who got us out of that league before and to still see the progress of the club .

As would I. I put far too much work into B&G last time around for it not to work out.

3 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Who's talking about her going?

People don't want that, they want Flitcroft gone, for evidence based reasons. Going 0-60 appealing to emotion about what happens if she sells up isn't particularly relevent or helpful to the facts at hand, which are the last three transfer windows have been disasterous, the club's priorities appear to be very confused indeed and the captains message from the bridge of the floundering ship is hardly reassuring ("I'm not entertaining the idea of relegation at all" one week, "Our collective priority now is... maintaining our League One status" the next.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

They are business people fgs. First and foremost.

Yes they are are local business owners. But how far back does the affinity to Vale go? 

I always thought the Shanahans were lifelong fans whom just happened to have a busness here

That illusion is now shattered. Yes I would be more trusting  of a life long fan (Bill Bell and Bratty) for having the desire to take the Vale forward

At the moment Vale are going back...and no real excuses given Vale are one of the biggest in the division from a fanbase and ground size plus financial veiw. The DOF is failing the club where it matters most...on the pitch. Like it or not, I and others are fast becoming very suspicious

will you <ovf censored> off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

And we need her 

Owners come & go at some point tho, so do the players & other staff. Fans don’t, it’s the fans that matter at the end of the day football is for the fans 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

another one that is missing the point.

It's not been or never been about Carol. It's been about one man, the Director of Football. A point totally missed also by Carol herself in todays "open" letter in which she's now caused total chaos & uproar when their was no need too.

Missing the point

You are missing carols point/s

She’s standing by the bloke who other than an awful last transfer window has delivered on every single objective set. 

you can keep shouting but you are effectively turning on the owners clearly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1