onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Carol what you have said in this open letter is your plan is to bring youth into the team whether it be home bread or loans from the premier league teams. I'm sorry but in reality I don't want to watch my team gambling on youth players being good enough to hold our own. So what you're saying is this situation of poor fair on the pitch could be a regular occurrence. Like Arblaster and Devine if they turn out to be good they'll end up going back and we start again.if they are average or poor we'll be fighting relegation quite often. You quote the cup run, let's be fair it was luck of the draw mainly.
I don't want to see young kids getting knocked off the ball and trying to develop. I'll go watch reserve team football if I want that. All I want is a team who are willing to battle hard against whatever team to try and get Port Vale 3 points and show passion and entertain. If you're worried about the Burslem community go open a hall somewhere and provide opportunities for people. Football supporters always look after their own. Can't see Bet 365 interested in the community when they're encouraging people to gamble. Your sentiments are to be applauded but Port Vale is a football club not a good dead project and if that is the way you want to go the club will not exist in the future.
Just my opinion of course and I hope my club will exist for the rest of my days.
UTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

100% and we have the team to stay up so I'm not worried just yet. Whatever happens sacking flitcroft won't help. We are better off sticking with his plan.

We definitely are not mate he is slowly destroying us. I don’t think it makes any difference getting rid now it would have to be end of the season regardless if we stay up or not. Carol needs to invest in an experienced manager for us to stay up no two ways about it. Has she got the money for that??? 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

It will be a miracle if we don’t mate & it certainly can’t be seen as a successful season! 

I didn't say it was a successful season. I think it's a season where we have needed the money else where and we can still stay up.

58 minutes ago, Brighton Valiant said:

The average supporter pays to watch a football match on a Saturday afternoon.   That football match is supposed to be the primary product of the club, and for most fans is their only connection to the club.    There are no positives on the pitch to speak of really.    I hope the club is making good money away from the 1st team performances, because crowds of 4000 aint going to cut it.

Spot on, BV.

I went to the Boro game, my first match this season, and possibly my only. I can't be arsed to make it work around differing personal circumstances, and other things are definitely taking priority at the moment.

Put bluntly, nothing is making me want to go at present.

• Like 2

100% and we have the team to stay up so I'm not worried just yet. Whatever happens sacking flitcroft won't help. We are better off sticking with his plan.

The team to stay up ?

Up to 6 weeks ago we had one of the best midfields I'd seen in years. A powderpuff attack and a defence liable to self combust at any time.

Now we have no midfield and are relying on Loft, Wilson and a kid to get us out of this mess. 

Unfortunately don't share your unfounded optimistic outlook. Hopefully you are correct. 

• Like 5

Just now, Vtid said:

We definitely are not mate he is slowly destroying us. I don’t think it makes any difference getting rid now it would have to be end of the season regardless if we stay up or not. Carol needs to invest in an experienced manager for us to stay up no two ways about it. Has she got the money for that??? 

Has she got the money? Makes you wonder why we are trying to put money into making more money doesn't it?

Yes we need to invest in a good manager.

If we get rid of Flitcroft we will definitely be going down so I don't know why people want him out now.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

I didn't say it was a successful season. I think it's a season where we have needed the money else where and we can still stay up.

It’s worse than last season we’re going backwards. The other side of things wait until your an established league 1 club not your second season back up after being in league 2 for so long 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

The team to stay up ?

Up to 6 weeks ago we had one of the best midfields I'd seen in years. A powderpuff attack and a defence liable to self combust at any time.

Now we have no midfield and are relying on Loft, Wilson and a kid to get us out of this mess. 

Unfortunately don't share your unfounded optimistic outlook. Hopefully you are correct. 

Let's see

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

It’s worse than last season we’re going backwards. The other side of things wait until your an established league 1 club not your second season back up after being in league 2 for so long 

Let's see

Has she got the money? Makes you wonder why we are trying to put money into making more money doesn't it?

Yes we need to invest in a good manager.

If we get rid of Flitcroft we will definitely be going down so I don't know why people want him out now.

Ffs you are deluded!!! He’s the reason we’re in this mess!!! I give up 🤦‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Vtid said:

Ffs you are deluded!!! He’s the reason we’re in this mess!!! I give up 🤦‍♂️ 

Oh right so we should get rid of him and then spend the money we probably don't have on a new dof and manager. Nice one mate very clever.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Can we all put out a open reply to carols open letter 

I think the supporters club should. I think there needs to be a measured, United response from fans. I think we are pretty much together that Flitcroft’s position is untenable. 

I think the right route is to acknowledge that the good that Carol has done are fair points but do not mitigate for the ineffectiveness of Flitcroft. 

• Like 1