Advert

David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, DaneValiant said:

I just don’t get why she was so ruthless in sacking Clarke yet sticks by Flitcroft? Maybe there is enough of a degree of separation between him and the product on the pitch for him to gaslight her. 

If teams get bad results it’s the manager who gets the chop. There’s never a news article about how a DoF will be sacked. If he’s convincing her he’s actually doing ok, that he signed great players it’s just Clarke/Crosby/Moore who are not using them effectively, then she’s not going to sack him. 

Been a lot of conjecture on here from " people in the know " as to why Clarke was sacked.

If he ever does a book like Adams did we might find out the truth. 

Club had lost it's way massively. Clarke got the fans, the fans got Clarke. Was gutted when he went. That knee slide against Orient. His OTT celebration when we actually won at Swindon ( league game). The bloke oozed passion. 

An all too short stay.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advert

14 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Better under Smurthwaite.

Smurthwaite was a genius.

How he managed to build a similarly talented squad, all by himself, without paying out a director of football salary, I’ll never know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

I just don’t get why she was so ruthless in sacking Clarke yet sticks by Flitcroft? Maybe there is enough of a degree of separation between him and the product on the pitch for him to gaslight her. 

If teams get bad results it’s the manager who gets the chop. There’s never a news article about how a DoF will be sacked. If he’s convincing her he’s actually doing ok, that he signed great players it’s just Clarke/Crosby/Moore who are not using them effectively, then she’s not going to sack him. 

You could look at the other way and say Carol wasn’t ruthless enough by showing too much loyalty to both Clarke and Crosby.  If she was really ruthless both would’ve been gone in the January and any new manager given time to recruit a few of their own players rather than hanging on until the window had shut.  More importantly, why think Carol made the decision?  Flitcroft would be responsible for hiring and firing the manager.  Carol would be consulted but the DoF would most likely decide.  Don’t forget it was Flitcroft who supposedly recruited Clarke in the first place.

12 hours ago, ginge said:

A handful of games ago I had some hope and would have gave Flitcroft until the end of the season. Get rid now. Will make no difference to this season but need to start building for next and there will be a big turnover of players. Other than Garrity, Ripley and Chislett I'd put the rest on the transfer list and start from scratch. 

I think the whole squad should go barring the academy lads under contract 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I’ve heard the story of the last day of the transfer window in January 2019. It makes Flitcroft’s transfer strategy look like a work of genius!

The other thing with Norm was that it wasn’t all work work work. He kept a healthy work life balance and managed to find plenty of time for his other activities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I think it is clear that fraudcroft is going nowhere for the time being, obviously Carol is still all starry eyed and madly in love with him. At some point the love affair will end, probably when Carol realises that fraudcroft has spaffed her entire investment up the wall and the club is now worthless. 

It will be a very high price to pay and so unnecessary. 

Edited by Old School
Mis spelling
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

The other thing with Norm was that it wasn’t all work work work. He kept a healthy work life balance and managed to find plenty of time for his other activities.

Well said.  He was an outdoors guy who loved a walk up Hamil Road, he also knew how to look after his employees, plus his other big hobby, watching hours of YouTube videos of obscure footballers.

17 minutes ago, Santa said:

And he was a part time dentist. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Old School said:

I think it is clear that fraudcroft is going nowhere for the time being, obviously Carol is still all starry eyed and madly in love with him. At some point the love affair will end, probably when Carol realises that fraudcroft has spaffed her entire investment up the wall and the club is now worthless. 

It will be a very high price to pay and so unnecessary. 

What we need tight now is strong decisive leadership but carol is oblivious to the carnage Fraudcroft has created, get him gone or put the for sale sign up, us fans have suffered  enough and deserve better 

Interesting quote from Eddie Howe.

“Your football club’s success depends on recruitment. It’s that important. Who you bring into your football club really dictates what happens afterwards. I’m not involved in the structure of how we set up those departments. That’s other people’s jobs, but I’ll certainly welcome any changes that are positive for what we do.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

What we need tight now is strong decisive leadership but carol is oblivious to the carnage Fraudcroft has created, get him gone or put the for sale sign up, us fans have suffered  enough now and deserve so much better