onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, Terriertalk said:

On paper, I can understand why this looks like a good appointment.

The football is dreadful to watch, awful. I would set your alarm clock for full time just to make sure you don’t get locked in overnight. 

Defensive doesn’t even come close, but for those that like a bet. Back the draw every week and thank me in a couple of months time.

I honestly cannot believe he has got another gig so soon after what we had to put up with week in, week out (for those that were still going amongst the empty seats).

On a plus point, he is a thoroughly decent and nice Chap and I hope he does well for you. I really do.

He has a better chance in league 1. 

Non bowlers off the green thank you!

Advert

Anyone know if Ryder is taking charge tonight or big Dave getting stuck right in? I’m wondering if it’s been signed a few days & announced today specifically against Peterborough? After all he did have Darren Fergusons pants right down last season 🤔 A bit of naughty psychological games like 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Im not sure if his sausage is going to stretch that far

I’m currently in Pattaya but I hear Karl is a big boy. 

very pleased with the appointment. Are we gonna give DF some credit for this one ? 

Delighted with the appointment. Best we could have gotten (Bonner was my second choice). 

Just hope to secure L1 status for next season. I still have reservations with Flitcroft, but will leave that fight for another day. 

Fully behind Darren Moore, and the 5 and a half years is a serious commitment from all parties that I can only see is to ensure good compensation as he will likely be in demand from League rivals at the very least. 

I was not enthused with the Crosby appointment by comparison but I am with this. 

Just hoping results will follow (and ideally, a better style of play and formation!) 

23 minutes ago, mikey said:

About as good an appointment as we could hope for, but realistically we still have a wafer thin squad. I hope he can bring a couple of bodies in quickly especially a forward.

Agree with that. Who could we have realistically got who's better? Hopefully a free agent striker was thrown in as part of the deal

Watching the Crystal Palace v Chelsea game last night. In the build up there was a few minutes looking at Bayer Leverkusen. Relevance you say!

They play the same formation as PV (on paper), they are top of the Bundesliga and last week beat Bayern Munich 3-0. Alonso, the manager is favourite to replace Klopp at Liverpool. 

The keys to this, aside from good players, stem from the whole team front to back playing within 15 yards out of possession. Then in possession the 5 at the back becomes 4 with a member of the back 5 going into midfield and getting on the ball. Therefore not pointlessly stuck with the ball at the back or launching it. Also not getting the wingbacks isolated when the opposition attack. Hence we big time need to improve this formation and how it works. They're a good example to start from.

Reading quotes from the club and I might be wide of the mark here BUT…

It sounds like this is Darren Moore the manager. Up to him how he plays and who he wants. Flitcroft in a more supportive role with off field matters for the 1st team rather than dictating how we should setup…. I never got that vibe with Crosby and always felt Flitcroft was pulling the strings.

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

We both got it spot on , mate  👍 UTV

Fair play to you..... it was a good guess 😉 

I was looking forward to Kennedy as well 🙂 

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruit,all Vale lets all go out there as one and keep us in League One now

7 minutes ago, arthurdog said:

Agree with that. Who could we have realistically got who's better? Hopefully a free agent striker was thrown in as part of the deal

If the formation we are playing worked properly, our strikers as is would be able to stay in the areas needed to score goals. That is Darren Moore's first challenge for me. Chislett wouldn't have to come off after an hour having run a half marathon. Wilson wouldn't run round waiting for the ball to arrive. Loft would be directly in front of goal and not shooting from 40 yards. Dipepa would learn to make the right runs.

1 minute ago, MBE said:

Reading quotes from the club and I might be wide of the mark here BUT…

It sounds like this is Darren Moore the manager. Up to him how he plays and who he wants. Flitcroft in a more supportive role with off field matters for the 1st team rather than dictating how we should setup.

Thats how i have been reading it as well and lets be honest would he of come if he hadn't got full control

Archived