onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

37 minutes ago, Granville said:

He told my son that sometimes they have to generate lots of material

So basically a lot of padding out with not much substance.

I just see it as a waste of time to be honest - players and manager politely entertaining fluffy questions. 

• Like 1

Advert

If I was manager of a Sunday league team I wouldn't use some of the dross we have to use .

Get more desire ,determination and will to win out of non league players .

Loft Massey are and be lucky get in a Ryman league team .

Grant what's up with him he surely should be a good player in this league yet we play him as a defender he was atrocious last night  ,and one of the two reasons we lost last night well 3 if you count Lofts easy chance I'd have buried and I'm.a overweight 52 year who hasn't played for years the other Massey after his efforts in last 2 games aiding the opposition it's bad enough playing teams weekly with 11 men never mind playing ones with 12 .

If he gets selected again I'd say we should have kept Crosby in fact I think Crosby would have got more points than DM personally maybe he is as useless as that terrier fan keeps going on about .

Every one else is excused last night thought the rest did OK Sangs not a full back though he tried but looked shaky mind you I'd try if I got 3 grand a week for kicking a bag of wind around .

9 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

If I was manager of a Sunday league team I wouldn't use some of the dross we have to use .

Get more desire ,determination and will to win out of non league players .

Loft Massey are and be lucky get in a Ryman league team .

Grant what's up with him he surely should be a good player in this league yet we play him as a defender he was atrocious last night  ,and one of the two reasons we lost last night well 3 if you count Lofts easy chance I'd have buried and I'm.a overweight 52 year who hasn't played for years the other Massey after his efforts in last 2 games aiding the opposition it's bad enough playing teams weekly with 11 men never mind playing ones with 12 .

If he gets selected again I'd say we should have kept Crosby in fact I think Crosby would have got more points than DM personally maybe he is as useless as that terrier fan keeps going on about .

Every one else is excused last night thought the rest did OK Sangs not a full back though he tried but looked shaky mind you I'd try if I got 3 grand a week for kicking a bag of wind around .

You chat some crap you do pal 😅 the gaffers had 2 games in charge it’s not going go happen overnight! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

You chat some crap you do pal 😅 the gaffers had 2 games in charge it’s not going go happen overnight! 

Who cares what you think fella I know that to lose both to relegation rivals well its not very good is it .

No it isn't he also if doesn't keep us in this league after the big build up of getting him then what's the point .

If go down that's crowds down to 3500 he as to keep us up .

Then remove players who have proved consistently they are not good enough play for PVFC 

3 hours ago, Doha said:

17 players left the club that summer when he came in.

You keep going on about this player turnover thing and it's just another stick for you to hit Clarke with, as per below.

Those "yes man" players got us promoted in their first season. The "soul" ripped out included Brisley, Mills and Guthrie.

The quotes below tell us what we need to know about your judgement. I note you couldn't bring yourself to comment after the Cheltenham result, remind me were they and us were in the league when he joined and where they and us are now?

We are currently struggling because we have spent too much money, a lot of that was at Clarkes instigation, paying off players under contract, desperate signings like Hussey, digging up the pitch, changing home ends etc. I think my judgement is sound. You are obviously entitled to your own opinion, this is a discussion forum for opinions. 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

53 minutes ago, smithie said:

So basically a lot of padding out with not much substance.

I just see it as a waste of time to be honest - players and manager politely entertaining fluffy questions. 

Isn't that true for every football interview now though? There's more coverage so the people who have to provide that coverage have to get more interviews to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We are currently struggling because we have spent too much money

Come off it. No football club in history has struggled spending too much money. Spending beyond our means can see it all comes crashing down, but I never saw us spending too much.

Who are these expensive buys who we have had that were too much? Every single player we released has gone to league 2 or non league except Mal Benning. 

The spending comes down to Carol, if she spent more than she wanted, that’s solely on her. 

15 hours ago, valefan79 said:

The worst thing for me is could not be bothered to watch on I-Follow or listen on radio and when I saw that we were 2 nil down did not feel anything, I should be feeling anger, hate losing but all the fight for the club has gone from me at this moment in time.  I resigned myself to going down the moment the transfer window shut, that was when I knew we had given up.  

The worry for me is this squad is going to be fighting in league 2 for survival, from this bunch of wasters, I would only keep Ripley, Debrah, Plant, Chislett Ojo and Garrity, beyond that I am struggling and there is no way Chissy or Garrity are staying.

I

15 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Exactly

That is why flitcroft is the right man for the job

Patrick you might be Fraudcrofts chief arse kisser but the rest of us see him for what he is a conman who hoodwinked carol and she can't see it through her rose tinted spectacles,enough is enough bin him off or she's going to be getting 3,000 gates next season ,# The fans are Pi##### Off with it

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

If he gets selected again I'd say we should have kept Crosby in fact I think Crosby would have got more points than DM personally maybe he is as useless as that terrier fan keeps going on about 

I think there is a legitimate problem in that Crosby did know the squad and the limitations of that. Moore may be a superior boss longer term but he doesn’t know the players too much and may put faith in guys based on training that we already know what mean much on the pitch. 

• Like 1