onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It actually passes on to supporters. 

No reason to make this up have I. So a guy sat behind me in the hamil maybe early 30's with his young lad waxing lyrical about how they used to be a Premier league team and are a massive club. 

Maybe factually true. However it's 14 years ago. Since then they've been in the bottom division for goodness sake.

I'm probably talking claptrap again but when I turn up at VP against an ex big team it feels like we have an inferiority complex .

Spot on. So the games against the “big teams” this year….

Bolton 0-1 - sat off and made them look like Real Madrid 1st half. Charles runs virtually from half way to score a completely preventable goal. We huff & puff 2nd half without ever really testing their goalie / looking like we’d salvage anything.

Derby 0-1 - again did nothing other try to contain them, in explicitly gift them a crossing chance from our our throw in 12 mins from time which their young, 18 y/o unmarked loanee sticks away with literally his first touch to send 3,300 away fans nuts.

Boro 0-3 - I’d love to know what the instructions in the dressing room were because we never laid a glove on them. Literally don’t think their goalie got his kit dirty. Again, an absolute gift of an opener stemming from a throw from Ripley’s over hit pass. I left soon after Ollie’s injury.

Pompey 0-1

So I’m struggling to believe that all of these performances were the result of “off-days” from us and more likely Crosby paying too much respect to the opposition as usual. It’s almost like we’re scared or can’t cope against  big away followings.

Compare that to when we take big followings away. Teams get stuck into us from the outset and make it horrible irrespective of what league it is, form etc. I’m sure that will be exactly how it is a Fleetwood next week when we’ll doubtless be well backed again.

Advert

4 hours ago, MBE said:

Work shy and unmotivated is very harsh mate in my opinion.

I thought we worked really hard as a team but the game highlights what we have said about Vale for 24 months . We are too nice and weak as piss. We were severely outmuscled up front and in midfield.

Uche had an awful game before his injury. He won the ball once in 30 odd minutes. Weir and Gore were bullied and the ball just kept coming back. To our credit I thought our defence did well considering the amount of pressure they were under.

Bishop and Morrell were in the refs ear for every tackle and decision which affected his performance. Our plays just keep playing and then when the ref makes a decision say ‘yes sir’ and walk away. That’s why I say it’s watching men v boys yesterday.We just don’t have enough experience in our team and it’s painful to watch at times.

Unless we can get Ojo back in midfield within a few games its going to be a very very tough task avoiding relegation.

With Uche injury hopefully Flicker pivots from his current thinking stated at the forum and brings in a senior striker. Just brining in another young loan striker just isn’t going to cut it.

It's not harsh though is it , There was hardly any desire or fight yesterday from our players,  were you watching another game? Our form barring the odd few games in Dec last year has been an absolute shambles. MBEi t's been relegation form for a while now

17 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

In a way that's what naffed me off the most 

We too accommodating 

Nothing horrible about us .

No blood on the shirts .

Nothing .

We totally lack bite,no fighting spirit, sadly 😟

2 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

This is a hard one but Craig Hicks is not the reason we lost however his performance was incompetent. The pen was soft  and Chizzy wasn’t fouled. We were abjectly poor going forward and midfield was constantly over run . Think we’re in trouble without investment an now 1.5 fit forwards is worrying. Heard Flitcroft was seen on phone all the second half  but it makes me wonder are we actually done for “ 

Yep we are heading for league two 

With Crosby at the wheel # we are screwed 

Another thing which no one has mentioned but I'm going mention it  ,why do all Vale players go towards the right from.a goal kick when all the left was free to run into and why did No one from a coaching staff notice this 

Makes me wonder if football results are fixed .

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest .

Ivan Toney bet he ain't the only one .

If I find  quite staggering that no one tried to exploit that space .

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

The top and bottom of it after initial first 10 minutes we did generally very little throughout .

Uche didn't look up for it yet he should have been Wilson hid all game what was up with him ,the lads in midfield needed help what's he do he takes one off puts one on why not change the formation in first half when that Lowry was having such a easy time of it it was ridiculous .

Where's Cass least he is attack minded .

Why wasn't Debrah starting .

Where was Williams 

Where was the desire get about them and get a positive result .

Surely if playing a young lad you do not play him in a system where it makes him look terrible .

The amount of times I saw club captain be 10 yards away from Bishop was startling

We will be relegated or close to been , I thought we turned the corner with recent home displays but yesterday was quite frankly the most bored I've being at a football match, since Middlesborough/Derby you name it's not like it isn't too often .

It is its alright for most folk they have Saturdays off I work till 6a.m sat morning to watch that .

Actually what the hell was it 

Downright awful 

I'm not accepting of performances like that .

I expected see players running through brick walls for us .

The last 12 months the Vale have won no more than say 7 out of 43  games at a guess .

We need get some winners in .

Need an experienced manager 🙏

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Watched Newport today and whilst they have ended up losing 4 - 2, they have gone out holding their heads high, giving it a right go, working the keeper scoring 2, having 15 shots with 6 on target, every time we come up against a decent side, we give respect and play for a nil nil.  

That's due to crosbys negative tactics 

28 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Spot on. So the games against the “big teams” this year….

Bolton 0-1 - sat off and made them look like Real Madrid 1st half. Charles runs virtually from half way to score a completely preventable goal. We huff & puff 2nd half without ever really testing their goalie / looking like we’d salvage anything.

Derby 0-1 - again did nothing other try to contain them, in explicitly gift them a crossing chance from our our throw in 12 mins from time which their young, 18 y/o unmarked loanee sticks away with literally his first touch to send 3,300 away fans nuts.

Boro 0-3 - I’d love to know what the instructions in the dressing room were because we never laid a glove on them. Literally don’t think their goalie got his kit dirty. Again, an absolute gift of an opener stemming from a throw from Ripley’s over hit pass. I left soon after Ollie’s injury.

Pompey 0-1

So I’m struggling to believe that all of these performances were the result of “off-days” from us and more likely Crosby paying too much respect to the opposition as usual. It’s almost like we’re scared or can’t cope against  big away followings.

Compare that to when we take big followings away. Teams get stuck into us from the outset and make it horrible irrespective of what league it is, form etc. I’m sure that will be exactly how it is a Fleetwood next week when we’ll doubtless be well backed again.

Crosby is too defensive minded that's why we are where we are in the league and he'll end up taking us to league 2 shortly 

10 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

It's not harsh though is it , There was hardly any desire or fight yesterday from our players,  were you watching another game? Our form barring the odd few games in Dec last year has been an absolute shambles. MBEi t's been relegation form for a while now

To say the players are not working hard though is wrong. The players did a lot of running to cover ground. It only looks like there’s no fight because our tactics are just to sit in so we just close passing lanes rather than seeing any tackles. This is the Crosby way against any team he doesn’t think we can dominate possession against. We don’t have a physical team anyway to be that chest pumping, in your face, tackle crunching side that looks full of passion. It s not in our new DNA driven by Flicker and Carol’s strategy. Nice club nice players trying to play nice football. It wil get us relegated.

We will be fortunate to stay in L1 without more senior players before end of Jan.

8 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Ok I don’t disagree but who ?

I don't know mate at the moment  But I just want to see a manger come in and get us playing attacking football instead of the negative safety first tactics Crosby keeps persevering with and getting nowhere.

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

To say the players are not working hard though is wrong. The players did a lot of running to cover ground. It only looks like there’s no fight because our tactics are just to sit in so we just close passing lanes rather than seeing any tackles. This is the Crosby way against any team he doesn’t think we can dominate possession against. We don’t have a physical team anyway to be that chest pumping, in your face, tackle crunching side that looks full of passion. It s not in our new DNA driven by Flicker and Carol’s strategy. Nice club nice players trying to play nice football. It wil get us relegated.

We will be fortunate to stay in L1 without more senior players before end of Jan.

I think the attendance will drop like a stone when we get relegated to league 2  

I Wish carol would see the light and bin off Crosby before its too late .

5 minutes ago, Valient1961 said:

We were poor yesterday and I’m undecided about Croz but we really are struggling with injuries and I know we are not the only team to have them but I think some in here are a bit over the top can’t wait for us to fail . 

Over reacting, seriously look at the performance of the team over the last few months Crosby should have been long gone by now , 🙄🙄🙄😆😆

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

It's the Crosby way full stop every game he employs the same negative tactics no matter who we are playing , I'm brassed off with it now he's had long enough .# Get him gone  🙏

Archived