onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

8 hours ago, Vtid said:

Or spin it again & all the points we will have lost by not replacing the person in charge. Thinking in the long run, each to their own tho 👍🏻 swear you said you don't let anyone get under your skin on a forum 😂😂😂 

Spin it any way you like, I want my team to win on Friday, you’re on record as saying you want Vale to lose.  That’s not going to get under my skin, it just confirms what I already know about some of the characters on this forum, such as yourself.

Advert

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Spin it any way you like, I want my team to win on Friday, you’re on record as saying you want Vale to lose.  That’s not going to get under my skin, it just confirms what I already know about some of the characters on this forum, such as yourself.

yep that's correct, if it means he goes & the club will be in a better place going forward. Hold onto that resentment Ray 👊🏻

35 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Philpvfc, I have a question do you think the players were playing for crosby in the first half surrender against Barnsley ? 

They just gave up, similar to the game against Boro, don’t think this was due to not wanting to play for Crosby. You could argue that his half time talk helped to motivate a far better second half performance.

I think morale and confidence is very low with the squad at the mo, down to results and some of the crowd reactions, not due to the manager.

2 hours ago, MBE said:

If Flitcroft doesn’t have someone lined up its a dereliction of duty and a sackable offence. 

A shortlist of managers should have been identified mid October and reviewed each week. I still find it incredible Crosby was not sacked after the Cheltenham debacle.

We weren't much cop that day but nor were they and needed a deflection to score. That result took on more significance because it was DC's return but was also followed by an excellent performance at Mansfield.

31 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I also want vale to lose at the moment if it means Crosby is out of a job. And I dispute your opinion that makes me not a fan. I was at Wycombe and will be at Carlisle. 

It is clear to me now, in my opinion, that Crosby is completely incapable of turning this round, as he is tactically clueless. As a result, not sacking him delays the inevitable. If we lose the next two say and he gets sacked, and then we get a proper manager in, I believe we’d get more points between now and the end of the season than if we left Crosby bumbling along. Therefore I want what is best for port vale.

3 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Ray, i think most of the fan base are fed up of watching the same negative football week in week out  with the same players who fail week in week out still getting selected this says to me the managers out of his depth. 

Thanks for clearing that up.  I’ve missed 2 games this season and I’ll happily talk to fellow Vale fans before, during, and after games but had no idea the fan base were fed up……

24 minutes ago, smithie said:

We weren't much cop that day but nor were they and needed a deflection to score. That result took on more significance because it was DC's return but was also followed by an excellent performance at Mansfield.

Cheltenham not been very good made it an even worse result, he should have gone immediately after that game.  We should not have given him that Mansfield game, us providing that one extra kept him in a job for another 2 months and we have one good performance since to show for it.

Just now, Powerline said:

I also want vale to lose at the moment if it means Crosby is out of a job. And I dispute your opinion that makes me not a fan. I was at Wycombe and will be at Carlisle. 

It is clear to me now, in my opinion, that Crosby is completely incapable of turning this round, as he is tactically clueless. As a result, not sacking him delays the inevitable. If we lose the next two say and he gets sacked, and then we get a proper manager in, I believe we’d get more points between now and the end of the season than if we left Crosby bumbling along. Therefore I want what is best for port vale.

What’s best for Port Vale isn’t losing games.

Keeping Crosby in charge is going to affect the gates we have, of that I have no doubt.  There are genuine Vale fans through and through who are not going and that is because of Crosby.  I would never miss a game but I can't legisalete paying £60 for Carlisle, missed the Exeter match as well, the football is just dire at present and so boring to watch.

2 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

What's best for Port Vale is we relieve this manager of his duties and replace him with someone capable.

All well and good if you can guarantee someone will come in and do better, which you can’t, so you can’t say what’s best because you don’t know.  You also don’t know what it would cost to replace the manager, balanced against what it will cost to keep him. With January upon us and one eye on the league table I would gamble on money better being spent on recruiting new players rather than replacing the manager.

As with all managers Crosby will ultimately move on, only the timing is in question.

26 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

What’s best for Port Vale isn’t losing games.

Have to agree to disagree unfortunately. It is my opinion that we will lose a lot more games between now and the end of the season if Crosby stays in charge. Therefore I want us to lose if it means he’s gone so we can win more long term.

Archived