onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope and Lloyd sign; plus other targeted players

Twitters

I know Deano, I am not getting into that debate again. But he should be aiming for more goals. Hopefully we sign Dickinson, He can hold the ball up and score goals.

I agree, I like some of the work pope does its just he dosent score enough, if playing as the target man he reached at least double figures and we had a talisman with him then it's job done, but his return this year wasnt anywhere near good enough.

Dickinson would be a class signing, looked quality whenever I've seen him.

Advert

I agree, I like some of the work pope does its just he dosent score enough, if playing as the target man he reached at least double figures and we had a talisman with him then it's job done, but his return this year wasnt anywhere near good enough.

Dickinson would be a class signing, looked quality whenever I've seen him.

how many did swindons front two get last season [ i genuinely dont know ]

cheers steve

so no 20 goal a season a striker, let alone 2....interesting

Swindon only scored 5 more League goals than Vale Ant, but they obviously were solid at the back.

If we had two men up front who both got 12/15 goals and we were tight at the back then we would do better next season.

We need goals from wide areas though to continue, and also goals from central midfield areas will help. Not a loads of goals but just chip in and it will be nice.

dickinson is better than pope in my opinion, as is paynter etc etc etc

however the point is that in general target men are not prolific scorers

Tom Pope 162 app 29 goals

Liam Dickinson 209 app 60 goals

Swindon only scored 5 more League goals than Vale Ant, but they obviously were solid at the back.

If we had two men up front who both got 12/15 goals and we were tight at the back then we would do better next season.

We need goals from wide areas though to continue, and also goals from central midfield areas will help. Not a loads of goals but just chip in and it will be nice.

forgive me but reading this forum to achieve promotion its vital we get at least one or maybe two 20+ goals a season strikers.................the stats may suggest otherwise though

im with you, we need to improve the goal ratio from midfield [ mind you i suppose it depends on where you class dodds role as ]

I agree with what you say but with losing Richards,

Tom Pope and Ben Williamson will not score 10 between them all season so its vital that whatever forward(s) we bring in can score 12 odd goals each.

Aswell as Dodds getting 10, and new wingers adding goals, also centre midfielder getting forward and scoring goals.

I agree with what you say but with losing Richards,

Tom Pope and Ben Williamson will not score 10 between them all season so its vital that whatever forward(s) we bring in can score 12 odd goals each.

Aswell as Dodds getting 10, and new wingers adding goals, also centre midfielder getting forward and scoring goals.

i will be horrified if we do not bring in one or two strikers who can at least show us that they may be capable of getting double figures

i also suppose it depends on what brand of football micky is planning to play, if we opt to play from the back, use the midfield and wings then i suspect tom may find himself restricted in the number of starts he gets, if however we continue down the same path as the past 2 seasons we need a player up front who can play with his back to goal, bully defenders and win flick ons

Archived