onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

16 hours ago, NEWPORT VALIANT said:

Liam Brazier young Vale talent on the radar of "Spanish Giants Barcelona", it might well be " pie in the sky", but the information has surfaced from somewhere.

Whatever speculation there is surely to a certain degree is good news for the club in general. Can never remember a season like this for so much young talent coming off the Vale Academy production line and integrated into the first team squad.

Also this season bringing in " Premier League Young Talents", Olly Arblaster and Alfie Devine who today made his Championship debut for Plymouth Argyle and had an assist in one of Plymouth's goals.

Vale have know brought in Jensen Weir from Brighton, who was very productive last season at Morecambe. Now young centre back Rhys Williams from Liverpool and a possibility of another talented young starlet Dan Gore midfield player from Manchester United.

I think it is amazing that a club such as PORT VALE can attract young talent that want to learn their footballing trade at Vale and fair play to Andy Crosby. He may well not be everyone's cup of tea. But full admiration to him for giving youth chance and introducing Premier League Starlets of the future to " The Wembley of The North at Vale Park".

UTV

I think I'm my opinion a lot of credit should go to flitcroft as well .

• Like 2

Advert

16 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

What I like about the Mirror article is that it ‘bigs up’ the club (Andy Crosby particularly) too ( not just Brazier) on how good we are with giving young talent from ‘elite’ clubs opportunities to shine. It’s obviously a load of tosh about the potential big transfers but otherwise puts the club in a good light regards young player development.

Yep maybe Crosby will get poached now 👍

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Even when we are on a crap run and we are creating or scoring diddly squat, he never changed it.

His arse was on the line at half time v Barnsley.

But there’s a massive difference between getting hammered by half time and still being in the game at half time, despite what we may think of what we have or haven’t created. It’s face it, if he hadn’t changed it he would have got criticised for not changing things. So it’s whatever suits the narrative isn’t it. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

So Mr Picky - remind me what position our leading goalscorer plays in?

It's your blinkered attitude about signing a striker...and ignoring the possibility of signing a player from a different position!

It's not blinkered its plain fact 🙄😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So Crosby is a yes man then? 

My memory is not short. You read my posts because you always have a pop at me but I was saying right from the off that I'm not getting or seeing what other people were seeing. 

People were coming on here saying I can not believe that we have not battered them etc but i was seeing a team having loads of possession and not doing anything it but people were going overboard on it.

The dire run that we went on was no surprise to me and obviously once we have more players available again, they are going to revert back to playing that way. Which is why they have no problem in moving Uche on because that style of play does not suit him

3 hours ago, smithie said:

Some of the people who stand near me haven't got the patience to see how 5 passes develop never mind 5 years.

I don't mind passing  around if there is an end product.somerimes  what I can't do with is passimg.back for the sake of it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So Crosby is a yes man then? 

My memory is not short. You read my posts because you always have a pop at me but I was saying right from the off that I'm not getting or seeing what other people were seeing. 

People were coming on here saying I can not believe that we have not battered them etc but i was seeing a team having loads of possession and not doing anything it but people were going overboard on it.

The dire run that we went on was no surprise to me and obviously once we have more players available again, they are going to revert back to playing that way. Which is why they have no problem in moving Uche on because that style of play does not suit him

If crosby does go back to his old tactics the guy will be shooting himself in the foot but let's see what.happens first , Brian.🙄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rory said:

We've got super Andy Crosby!

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Got anymore examples that were not 10 years ago?

Adams also had his contract paid up when he left for Sheffield United

Hang on Mickey was poached from Vale while still under contract, so the Vale surely would have received compo for that 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Everyone wants every player for Vale succeed. 

Lofts no different .

Uches form which is excellent has brought out the best in Massey for example as I will be honest prior to the Wigan game I was thinking best for all parties  if Massey is moved on now I'm.willing to hope every performance is as good as v Wigan Charlton from him he has set the bar he needs maintain it .

Loft I think there is good mobility there .

Ducking under the ball is not what I want see though but you can bet your mortgage that next time he is selected.for the Vale he be encouraged I don't agree with booing a player who has just entered the field fair enough if just lost 7-0 you wouldn't want any player who played in that team performance (or should I say none team performance)representing your club again but we forgave that rubbish it happened and we still backed the players thereafter with not a Loft in sight .

So yes we will back him but he needs be better in all aspects of his game .

UTV  

I wouldn't boo Lofty , but I just domt think the guy is good enough , no way is he a league one centre forward, no chance .

Peterborough utd when played us had all the luck in the world .

I'd say we are as good as them so just a few tweaks in terms of who we bring in and Vale could be going the right way up the table .

Gore be a good start if he is good as what I'm hearing he is .

Then who knows no idea what we can or cannot afford .

But the future could be bright if players brought in are better than the ones who are going out 

Surprised DC hasn't come in for a few .

Time yet but he usually has a big turnaround of players in transfer windows if allowed .

How longs left is it just January?

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

Peterborough utd when played us had all the luck in the world .

I'd say we are as good as them so just a few tweaks in terms of who we bring in and Vale could be going the right way up the table .

Gore be a good start if he is good as what I'm hearing he is .

Then who knows no idea what we can or cannot afford .

But the future could be right if players brought in are better than the ones who are going out 

Surprised DC hasn't come in for a few .

Time yet but he usually has a big turnaround of players in transfer windows if allowed .

How longs left is it just January?

UTV 

Yeah till end of Jan , 👍

It does in football.
Contracts in football are unlike your normal standard working contract.
The only time a player does not get paid his contract up, is if the player himself asks to leave.
Its the same with managers. Even when a manager is total tripe, why do you think you never hear of a manager resigning because he knows he will get paid up
Uche gets 6 months wages from Vale plus his signing on fee at the club he signs for if he moves in this transfer window
So if the manager quits he gets nothing but if a player does he gets paid.

Sent from my SM-A520F using onevalefan mobile app

1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

What worries me is that we just become Crewe. Happy to sell all our kids, playing tippy happy football, in a 'nice family environment'. We used to take the pıss out of them for this. Vale should have a bit of grit and needle. Away managers always used to say 'Vale Park is a horrible place to go'. We're becoming far too nice and detached from what I see us as. Yes it's nice that we're getting kids and families in, but we should also be a bit rough and ready. We had the balance exactly right in the promotion season, as you saw with the Swindon game. This season we have strayed too far away from our working class, edgy, a bit nasty roots. Everything that comes out of the club is controlled. The interviews with Alfie and Blaster, all geared towards us being a nice and friendly. The Boro game typified this. 

The move to the Hamil is part of this too. No mither, no abusive chants, we even clap injured players off rather than sing the funeral march.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What worries me is that we just become Crewe. Happy to sell all our kids, playing tippy happy football, in a 'nice family environment'. We used to take the pıss out of them for this. Vale should have a bit of grit and needle. Away managers always used to say 'Vale Park is a horrible place to go'. We're becoming far too nice and detached from what I see us as. Yes it's nice that we're getting kids and families in, but we should also be a bit rough and ready. We had the balance exactly right in the promotion season, as you saw with the Swindon game. This season we have strayed too far away from our working class, edgy, a bit nasty roots. Everything that comes out of the club is controlled. The interviews with Alfie and Blaster, all geared towards us being a nice and friendly. The Boro game typified this. 
Spot on...........

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1