onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No Need For Wholesale Changes

sapperclarke

I welcome the news that MA is putting faith in most me the squad that came within 3 points of the play offs.

It's realistic to expect 10 of the 16 to accept the offers put to them.

Only the most important players will be offered more than 12 months or increased pay.

This would leave the door open for possibly 8 new good quality signings to deliver 5 extra wins to achieve automatic promotion.

The total points achieved this season have been with a slashed budget, a transfer embargo, unpaid players, loan signings returned and Collins forced to leave.

I am really looking forward to the new season and am full of optimism.

Time to unite and prepare for the challenge ahead.

As MA would say - "Keep the faith!"

Advert

I the news that MA is putting faith in most me the squad that came within 3 points of the play offs.

Only the most important players will be offered more than 12 months or increased pay.

This would leave the door open for possibly 8 new good quality signings to deliver 5 extra wins to achieve automatic promotion.

The total points achieved this season have been with a slashed budget, a transfer embargo, unpaid players, loan signings returned and Collins forced to leave.

Top post!

I have been critical of the contract situation [ and rightly so in my opinion ] on the other thread

However Im 100% behind MA and the club

Im currently optimistic we will be there or there abouts for a top 10 finish, im currently not at all optimistic we are near a top 3 spot...........however we still have to sign some players, they better be good ones

I welcome the news that MA is putting faith in most me the squad that came within 3 points of the play offs.

Yes its right that only the good ones are offered more than 12mths or even more money.

Why would 6 players not accept a contract and give us space to bring in 8 new good quality signings ?

Surely if only the most important are offered better deals then the ones offered the same contract , or even less , are the not so special ones. These are the ones that would probably not get offers else where anyway. These are the ones that we may be stuck with.

I agree and understand the need for a balanced squad, both in numbers and financially,but i honestly thought this was a good time to have more of a clearout than has happened.

Why push and hope for a play off spot. Why not push for a top three spot.

This year , as with previous years , we are way off the top three.This year we all must agree has been a poor standard. You never knowwhat next year will bring in terms of strength of opposition. We need new, better players. We now will only be able to bring in 3 or 4 if all players re-sign. They need to be first team players from the word go. The majority of the current squad must be pushing for a place on the bench and not the starting eleven each week.

If this happens we will have a chance for a play off finish at best i believe.

i have already posted on another thread yesterday a similar post to the op .

the be all and end all is totally dependant on adams being able to bring in for me at least ten new faces . out of these ten at least 5 have to be quality . if we do not have an influx of quality additions you can forget top three as we will simply fall short and at best it will be the play offs.

for me it is still a very tricky situation at vale park and this season has to be a good one. yes that squad is a 9th or tenth team and with one or two additions would make the play offs but more ambition than that is reqd .

my fingers are crossed for the signings to start.

After hearing the news yesterday I was very gutted to say the least not to see more be shown the door. I still think we have a very average squad on the whole but we are competing in **** poor league so its easily doable . So reading between the lines we really haven't been that far from play-offs at all. Just take a look:

09/10 - 68 points (4 points off P/Os)

10/11 - 65 points (3 points off P/Os)

11/12 - 69 points (3 points off P/Os)

So looking at the above, I would say we are a Goalkeeper and Striker short of play-offs. And a goalkeeper, a right back, a winger, centre mid and striker short off automatics.

MA has one more season in my eyes to get us into the play-offs now he has an increased budget at his disposal. (assuming everything goes smoothly with the takeover).

After the depressing home display to the mighty Dagenham I said I'd keep three from the main first team squad, everyone I spoke to after tended to agree. I do however appreciate its still a tricky situation at VP and Micky has to be very cautious until everything is finalised and rubber stamped, changes are going to be more gradual than we'd hoped for but it's still early doors yet and I think we need to be patient and see what pans out. It may be that we don't even start the season anywhere near ready but like Bury a couple of seasons ago it's where we finish next May that will count. KTF.

After the depressing home display to the mighty Dagenham I said I'd keep three from the main first team squad, everyone I spoke to after tended to agree. I do however appreciate its still a tricky situation at VP and Micky has to be very cautious until everything is finalised and rubber stamped, changes are going to be more gradual than we'd hoped for but it's still early doors yet and I think we need to be patient and see what pans out. It may be that we don't even start the season anywhere near ready but like Bury a couple of seasons ago it's where we finish next May that will count. KTF.

Tosh that game was shocking, it was in fact boring, I went and sat inside and watched the other results coming through it was that dire. Sadly it was far from the only game like that this season.

You have watched Vale for the same length of time as me, I cant remember a season where I have been so bored of the football on display, can you ?

Tosh that game was shocking, it was in fact boring, I went and sat inside and watched the other results coming through it was that dire. Sadly it was far from the only game like that this season.

You have watched Vale for the same length of time as me, I cant remember a season where I have been so bored of the football on display, can you ?

I only attended around six games last season, Ant, one was when Morecambe thrashed us and Adams got tactically outfought by a rookie manager in Jim Bentley, two others were Barnet and Dagenham:blink:

It's been a terrible few years but I'm very optimistic things are about to improve, it won't happen overnight though.

You could also look at the fact that we have failed with this squad of players for the past few seasons, make all the excuses you want, when the chips are down these lot choke, roll over and die. Take the Swindon game, we are at full strength and got tonked by a side we are supposed to be competing with. Yes they are a good side but according to alot of fans so is our current crop.

Sentimentality is something which needs removing from the fabric of port vale f.c. ex players need to be respected and left to move on (grew, ainsworth or anyone else the fans 'want to see back at vale'), local lads are fine in the team IF they are good enough (yates and pope i wouldnt say are) and people who are unlucky need to face facts that people other than footballers have very bad luck (Haldane, Micky Walsh etc..). The top clubs survive on making sure they move people on and only the best interests of the club are upheld, not fans wims or managers soft spots

It's been a terrible few years but I'm very optimistic things are about to improve, it won't happen overnight though.

I actually dont mind us not getting promoted next season, what I want to see is us moving forward as a club.

I just dont see offering contracts to 2 centre halves along with another contracted centre half who have the combined footballing ability of a pregnant newt as the way forward...........i mayu be totally wrong and will be more than happy to have egg on my face [ again ]

:mad:

I the news that MA is putting faith in most me the squad that came within 3 points of the play offs.

Don't you come on here with your optimism:mad:

Archived