onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No Need For Wholesale Changes

sapperclarke

Advert

I don't believe Adams has shown sentimentality with Pope or Yates.

He clearly believes they are both good enough for his squad to challenge for promotion next season with some quality additions - I'm inclined to agree.

Some fans seem to think we should have walked the league this year even with all the well documented problems.

I will judge the manager and his squad at the end of next season taking all factors into consideration.

Based on the thought process of some on here Bolton Wanderers should have had the Premier League sewn up by Easter and Portsmouth likewise in the Championship.

Rangers fans would still be reeling from not reaching the Champions League final.

I'm quietly confident that fortunes will change next year with a more competitive budget and an end to the off field saga.

I'm clear that taking everything at face value the manager and his squad have finished above par this year.

I'm on the fence with this one. I personally think Adams should have shifted a few more on than he has done, but you always need back-up players for a squad and although some of these back-up players have shown that they're not great, at least they offer a half decent back-up for injuries - but that is all they should be. Personally, keeping Haldane and James seems a strange one to me though.

This is where we need 5-6 players to come in as first team regulars. It would make me feel better if the team was set up like this next season:

New GK (Tommo as reserve)

New Right back (Yates as reserve, only if we are desperate though)

New Centre half

McCombe

Loft (Keep him here - he offers pace and width)

New Right Winger

Griff (If he stays)

New midfielder (who can actually pass)

Shuker?? (perhaps get a left winger in if we can find one)

New Striker

Richards

Subs:

Tommo

Davis

Pope (to change up tactics and go more direct)

Rigg

Williamson (to add a bit of pace if we're chasing a goal)

So that's at least 6 first team players required - tough to get but I think achievable with a decent budget.

Vale fans keep going on about 3 points of the play offs yet adams mentioned the title chase. If we want the title like adams has stated then we need look at Swindon and then compare ourselves now, 3 points of the play offs and a squad that flops under presure is poop. we need wholsale changes and a new era.

I'm sure the main men will have lucrative offers and the lesser lights have offers pitched at a level where some will walk away.

This will leave plenty of room for manoeuvre and in good position to pick up the extra points required for a successful season.

For the record - I can understand the talent of certain players being questioned but suggesting they are bottlers, I believe, is wide of the mark

GK (new)

RB (Yates) CB (McCombe) CB (new) LB (new)

RW (new) CM (new or Shuker) CM (Loft) LW (new)

ST(Richards) ST (new)

So basically i wanted a new striker, why keep Pope, Dodds, Rigg & Williamson, will he be using them all? If he does buy a new striker that means we'd have 6 altogether, do we really need 6 strikers? If not are they going to be used as wide men? I was hoping for two out & out new wingers such as Marie Williams, Ainsworth & so on or was it me just wishful thinking? & why keep both Haldane & Taylor, don't need both?

Anyway, i hope Adams has offered the same contracts to some of these players as he as reportedly offered to young Davis? :shifty:

Archived